Sticky Stik Films (For real, dawg)

Anything else
Starrz

Sticky Stik Films (For real, dawg)

Post by Starrz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Heyy guys. Ya know how I said I needed that animated .gif into a .swf file? Well, I got some guy to do it and now I'm posting my vids on Newgrounds. Iiii know right?

Some of them are okay, others are crappy (you can tell I wanted a Jerry Jackson like effect)

And if you're wondering why I sound like an annoying 13-year-old... well, you get it.

I got so bored, I even made a site for it (I am such a loser): http://www.freewebs.com/stickystikfilms/

Aaaand here's my Newgrounds: Please don't hate :D http://stickystikfilms.newgrounds.com/

I just HAAAD to tell you guys that.

Skofo

Re: Sticky Stik Films (For real, dawg)

Post by Skofo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Hey, I saw that one stick gif before! :mrgreen: Neat!

Also, it looks like you're not doing that well on Newgrounds. :| And you also seem to dismiss, criticize and make excuses for your viewers' criticisms, there. You sometimes go as far as outright personally insulting them. You shouldn't do that. Listen to your viewers so you can make your movies better. It seems that a common opinion is that your movies would be better with music and sound effects. You honestly don't think so? They really help set the mood, which is why so many people are putting emphasis on it. What if The Matrix was completely silent?

But other than that, some of these are really cool. :mrgreen: Sweet job!

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Skofo wrote:Also, it looks like you're not doing that well on Newgrounds.
Say what? I thought I was a flash GENIUS! :D
Skofo wrote:And you also seem to dismiss, criticize and make excuses for your viewers' criticisms, there.
Wow, Skofo. That really says something to me.

I should make better videos.
Skofo wrote:You sometimes go as far as outright personally insulting them.
Yeaaa that dude had it coming. I mean c'mawn!
But as far as this goes, everyody knows that video is my first. It got under a 1.00 out of 5.00. I think they know I know it, too. :P
Skofo wrote:But other than that, some of these are really cool. :mrgreen: Sweet job!
You sound like a fan. A fan! *Woot*! Feel free to check out my AWESOME SITE DAWG!!!

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Well I watched all of the videos and I'll have to say good job to most of them, but to be honest, the ones where you voice acted... well...
sucked.

I would stick with the stick fights and maybe add sound effects to them, maybe Lugaru sound effects. That would be cool.

Overall though I think you are doing a good job, just keep the sassing back to a minimum. Making rude comments at others doesn't make them want to give you a good score, which is all that really matters in the long run.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Hahahaha! My voice acting sucked, I know! :P

But seriously, I think by now I might have a chance to get "Turd of the Week" on my latest submission! :D

EVERYBODY VOTE 0 FOR MY LATEST SUBMISSION! :D :wink:

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 pm

Endorgan wrote:Making rude comments at others doesn't make them want to give you a good score, which is all that really matters in the long run.
I don't think that a good score matters at all in the long run. What is much more important is simply having fun. I just believe that listening to what people say about your work is a very good way to become better at your hobbies, and becoming better at your hobbies is rarely unfun. But then again, that definition of "better" is synonymous with "less controversial", which is not what people always want. In the end it's up to you. Do whatever. :mrgreen:

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:08 am

Skofo wrote:I don't think that a good score matters at all in the long run. What is much more important is simply having fun.
Agreed. ^^

Unless you're TRYING to get "Turd of the Week".
Seriously if you guys keep voting 0 on it I have a chance! :D MY FIRST AWARD!!!!

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 am

I think turd of the week is decided by the staff...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:08 am

YAAAAAAAY. TIME TO PROVE SKOFO WRONG! :D

Sorry.
Newgrounds FAQ wrote:Turd of the Week – Users shouldn't aim for this spot. The Turd of the Week is whatever movie managed to make it through the week with the lowest score and without being auto-deleted. We showcase these because they are usually funny (in a bad way).

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:49 am

I think our objective as viewers should be to vote his work high enough that he doesn't get "Turd of the Week" but low enough that they don't get any of the other awards either. :twisted: :mrgreen: :P

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 am

Skofo wrote:What if The Matrix was completely silent?
Oh, shit... now all I can think of is Charlie Chaplin as Neo. Hmm... Keystone Agents. For your punishment, I give you this:
Attachments
Caption.jpg

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 am

Groveller wrote:Keystone Agents.
KEYSTONE COPS! =D
Hell yes.

Also, that picture is win.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:
Newgrounds FAQ wrote:Turd of the Week – Users shouldn't aim for this spot.
:P Why not? It'd be an award. :D

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

An award that makes most of the people laugh at you (and NG's vote abusers) for being absolutely retarded, yes. I suppose that's a good thing. :P

I'm actually surprised that they're complaining about the lack of sound. Nobody bothered to mention that when reviewing my flash. Sure, my flash has SFX, but it still lacks music and nobody seemed to mind.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm

I know what you mean, dawg.

And seriously, I've always wanted a award ever since I joined Newgrounds. Even a freaking TURD trophy would be awesome. :D I think it's too late, tho.