Can anyone here make songs?

Anything else
BadAssBass

Post by BadAssBass » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:15 pm

Yeah, I've just spent the last 2 years at college doing sound engineering (mainly recording and live engineering rather than production/making songs) and I'm going onto uni next year, so I've made a couple of songs, and I recorded a demo with my band once, we were not so great. I've made a couple of pretty shoddy remixes using Propellorhead's Reason as assignments, too. Nothing to write home about though, but like I said, I do recordings and live engineering (Saving up for a decent mac to get protools LE on, do some demo recordings.).

Whats this garageband you all keep talking about though? I cant say I've ever heard of it, been stuck with Cubase and Reason, but we had a couple of pretty sweet Protools studios.

I've engineered a band who were on the main stage at the glastonbury music festival and are shortlisted for an MTV europe music award though, which is pretty sweet, and a gig I did sound at was in the NME, even thought it was total carp. As in the fish.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:04 pm

Gramage

Post by Gramage » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:14 am

My it has been a long time. I think I'll shamelessly promote my latest tune now.

http://gramage.corruptspace.com/Decrease%20Blue.mp3

I've long since moved from Garageband to Logic Express. It's more better. 8)

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:50 pm

The return of Gramage! :D

Nice catchy tune!
I like the drumset and its variations in its rhythms, but the kick could have a little bit more bass punch.
Excellent sine bass though - my creative speakers could just barely pick up the really really low notes, but the rest was excellent and very clear. (I really like bass as a whole - I think I'm going to take it up as soon as I get the money)

I haven't heard from Sean in a while, he must be busy with Lugaru 2 and all. No time for my little CD! :P

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:45 pm

I've got some stuff you could listen to.
Email me at [email protected]
Because I don't know where to host it :)

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:08 pm

well, gramage, congratulations on your new copy of Logic Express! Decrease Blue is a very good song, I've seen it a couple of times where people upgraded to Logic and all of a sudden their music really sucked.

I have been making more songs recently (I finally got a keyboard), and I am pretty pleased with my progress. definitely a step up from from my first couple of songs. Here is my favorite creation so far:

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=33910

Also, here is a remix of the song by LWinston

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=35190

what do you guys think of 'em?

-lpod