Dead Frontier

Anything else
Jendraz

Re: Dead Frontier

Post by Jendraz » Mon May 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Ozymandias wrote:I was doing fine, killing the occasional zombie. I walk into a buildings and 10 zombies rape me. A zombie had spawned to block the door even though when I went in there wasn't a zombie in sight.
Gotta love when you start in a room surrounded :?

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Ozymandias wrote:I was doing fine, killing the occasional zombie. I walk into a buildings and 10 zombies rape me. A zombie had spawned to block the door even though when I went in there wasn't a zombie in sight.
Were you being loud? Like, using tons of bullets or something? That attracts them.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 pm

I walked into the city, beat up some zombies with a golf club, walked a bit deeper. I killed about 5-7 zombies with the golf club during my walk. Then, I enter a building and get swarmed by like 10 of them at the same time, and one comes in the door behind me. Rape time.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Mon May 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Ozymandias wrote:I walked into the city, beat up some zombies with a golf club, walked a bit deeper. I killed about 5-7 zombies with the golf club during my walk. Then, I enter a building and get swarmed by like 10 of them at the same time, and one comes in the door behind me. Rape time.
Sometimes it happens. Couple days ago I went really deep into a building, then suddenly they massed me. I used at least 2000 bullets from my MP5 before I died beside the entrance.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon May 04, 2009 8:56 pm

McJoggin wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:I walked into the city, beat up some zombies with a golf club, walked a bit deeper. I killed about 5-7 zombies with the golf club during my walk. Then, I enter a building and get swarmed by like 10 of them at the same time, and one comes in the door behind me. Rape time.
Sometimes it happens. Couple days ago I went really deep into a building, then suddenly they massed me. I used at least 2000 bullets from my MP5 before I died beside the entrance.
Wow, that sucks X_X

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue May 05, 2009 11:09 am

i am level 4, i was doing really good. i survived a swarm. looted all ten floors of a apartment, and was about to be level 5. i had a new hunting knife, a shotgun with ammo and some poatato chips and about 300$. and i was about to make my escape when my internet cut off... i lost every thing. :evil:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue May 05, 2009 11:19 am

Dang.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Jimmy Jazz wrote:i am level 4, i was doing really good. i survived a swarm. looted all ten floors of a apartment, and was about to be level 5. i had a new hunting knife, a shotgun with ammo and some poatato chips and about 300$. and i was about to make my escape when my internet cut off... i lost every thing. :evil:
Really? But... why did your stuff disappear?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue May 05, 2009 10:36 pm

This game defines "grind".

It's almost fun.

Untadaike

Re:

Post by Untadaike » Wed May 06, 2009 12:14 am

Zhukov wrote:This game defines "grind".

It's almost fun.
That's how I feeel...exactly.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed May 06, 2009 9:38 am

Okay, I have my soldier up to level 5.
Now, questions:

What happens when you die? I know I could find out easily, but I don't want to in case it's really harsh.

Where can I find weapon stats? It's kind of annoying that they tell you everything except how much damage they deal.

How do I buy services? Can I hire a doctor to administer a healing item? Or an engineer to repair my armour? (Not that I have any, but y'know, when the time comes...)

Can I expand my inventory? I keep filling up on items before I get far.

Is there any advantage to putting money in the bank rather then carrying it around?

Also, comments:
People are still using cash after the zombie apocalypse? Huh.

The in-game economy seems to be suffering from chronic inflation.

A night/day cycle. Cute.

Ozymandias

Re:

Post by Ozymandias » Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 am

Zhukov wrote:What happens when you die? I know I could find out easily, but I don't want to in case it's really harsh.
You lose all the money you're carrying and you lose 50% the experience you gained during that time. Also, your health is set to 'severe' when you get back to the outpost (I think)
Zhukov wrote:Where can I find weapon stats? It's kind of annoying that they tell you everything except how much damage they deal.
Unfortunately there are none. However, I assume the general rule of thumb is if it requires more weapon skill it does more damage.
Zhukov wrote:How do I buy services? Can I hire a doctor to administer a healing item? Or an engineer to repair my armour? (Not that I have any, but y'know, when the time comes...)
Go to the marketplace and use the arrow buttons to switch to a service, leave the search field blank, and click search. Move the healing item over the doctor icon, the food over the pot icon, or the armor over the repair icon to use the service.
Zhukov wrote:Can I expand my inventory? I keep filling up on items before I get far.
Yes, but I don't know how to do it. I think it happens automatically when you start to level up more. I'm not sure.
Zhukov wrote:Is there any advantage to putting money in the bank rather then carrying it around?
Before every time you go out to the city I suggest banking all the money you have. If you die you lose all the money you have on-hand
Zhukov wrote:People are still using cash after the zombie apocalypse? Huh.
We could use bottlecaps :wink:
Zhukov wrote:The in-game economy seems to be suffering from chronic inflation.
Ya, but isn't that true with a lot of games? I'm not sure since I don't play any MMO's
Zhukov wrote:A night/day cycle. Cute.
Where?

On a side note: Click

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Thank you!

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Anybody still play? I'm kinda hooked again.

+1 Necromancing Bonus :D

EDIT: OMFG!!! Dead Frontier is going 3d! I'm not gonna bother typing it up, go log in to see whats planned.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 pm

I forgot about this game when CoD4 came out. I'll check it out again.