Anything else
McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sun May 17, 2009 5:22 pm

This looks awesome! Its kinda weird though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpZxBczWUg
I don't think many people know about this movie.

Dudeman

Re: 9

Post by Dudeman » Sun May 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Trailer does look awesome.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sun May 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Ha, I was watching a little of Beetlejuice with my friend today, more Tim Burton. I always liked his movies, but his newer ones not as much. I still might like to go see that though, it seems very out of the norm for him. Yeah who thought to throw together the guy who made Edward Scissorhands and the guy who made Wanted and have them make a movie?!

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 pm

nerodx wrote:Ha, I was watching a little of Beetlejuice with my friend today, more Tim Burton. I always liked his movies, but his newer ones not as much. I still might like to go see that though, it seems very out of the norm for him. Yeah who thought to throw together the guy who made Edward Scissorhands and the guy who made Wanted and have them make a movie?!
Yeah, no kidding.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sun May 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Looks like fun.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun May 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Haha, I got my gf dying to see it now.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon May 18, 2009 2:55 am

That actually looks not half bad. Post-apocalyptic ragdolls. Who would have thought?

However, I still have trust issues when it comes to movie previews. I remember all too well the ones that managed to make 300 look cool. Not to mention that Alexander movie. *shudder*

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon May 18, 2009 4:11 am

Tim Burton is just a producer and a marketing trick. It's being directed by Shane Acker, and it's based on a short film he did himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=964QHmjLqa0

The trailer we're shown on this theatrical production has lots more action than the original short, so you're probably right on being wary of the trailer. It's also promising, though, because I liked the theme of the short more than the action of the trailer.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 am

Totally seeing this at the cinema!

Oh wait - 9th of September? I'll be in France so it'll be dubbed. Scratch that :(

Hate dubbing - I tried out Left 4 Dead with French voices and the voice acting hurt my face.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am

Wilbefast wrote:Totally seeing this at the cinema!

Oh wait - 9th of September? I'll be in France so it'll be dubbed. Scratch that :(

Hate dubbing - I tried out Left 4 Dead with French voices and the voice acting hurt my face.
People saying reloading all the time is annoying enough, but rechargement, that's worse. :lol:

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am

Endoperez wrote:Tim Burton is just a producer and a marketing trick. It's being directed by Shane Acker, and it's based on a short film he did himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=964QHmjLqa0

The trailer we're shown on this theatrical production has lots more action than the original short, so you're probably right on being wary of the trailer. It's also promising, though, because I liked the theme of the short more than the action of the trailer.
I can't remember, but one of the movies that was screaming Tim Burton everywhere actually only had him at the set for a few weeks.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 am

McJoggin wrote:I can't remember, but one of the movies that was screaming Tim Burton everywhere actually only had him at the set for a few weeks.
Going from the assumption that "screaming Tim Burton" is any non-Japanese animation that tries to be dark and/or scary... Coraline? :roll:

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Mon May 18, 2009 1:06 pm

McJoggin wrote:People saying reloading all the time is annoying enough, but rechargement, that's worse. :lol:
:evil:

The first time I saw "chargement" I was like *wuh*? Now days my Firefox google is stuck on french, so it only looks up french sites - that and like the whole internet thinks I'm French, and my keyboard was ZQSD instead of WASD :cry:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri May 22, 2009 4:31 am

http://www.filminfocus.com/video/offici ... al_trailer

New trailer that, thankfully, promises more story and less action.

Wilbefast

Post by Wilbefast » Fri May 22, 2009 7:37 am

It's a good example of the uncanny valley and how powerful non-verbal communication can be - people worry to much about the writing in video games and never think about the acting: perhaps the games industry should take a gander at Pixar and co - recent animated films have been breathtaking!

edit: oh yeah, the new trailer - well done my finnish friend! Good find!