Riddles!

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Riddles!

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 pm

No, you need to grow up. I wasn't insulting anyone's beliefs. You were far too quick to assume I intended to insult anyone. The story of Noah's Ark is not meant to be taken literally. It's a legend. "Legend" means it didn't actually happen. I can see where you got that percentage from though, clearly you went around to every person in the world and asked "Do you believe in the mythological story of Noah's Ark?" The Christian parables were not meant to be taken literally. They were intended as moral stories. They didn't actually happen. Grow up.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Again, your post is ignorant and misguided. Never did I say I believe in it, so you're way off, and in no position to do so, by saying "Grow up." The percentage is taken from the approximate amount of people around the world who believe in Christianity. Also, think about the people who hold very deep beliefs in the bible and base their whole life around it, believing every letter in it to be true, to a point where they might be called out as having extremist views. You don't think any of them would be insulted if you told them it was an untrue legend? While you're fully entitled to your own beliefs/opinions and people respect that, you should respect theirs as well.

This is fun.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote::| ... :? ... :(
Fatality!

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Alone I am hard, together I am soft. I am always moving, but I am always in the same place. My dad made this one up, lately he has had an obsession with making riddles.

Edit: Ack! I double posted. Self-fatality!

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Sounds like a masturbation riddle.. :?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Again, your post is ignorant and misguided. Never did I say I believe in it, so you're way off, and in no position to do so, by saying "Grow up."
Didn't say you did. Grow up.
Ragdollmaster wrote:The percentage is taken from the approximate amount of people around the world who believe in Christianity.
Yes, because every single Christian in the world takes the religious parables literally.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Also, think about the people who hold very deep beliefs in the bible and base their whole life around it, believing every letter in it to be true, to a point where they might be called out as having extremist views. You don't think any of them would be insulted if you told them it was an untrue legend? While you're fully entitled to your own beliefs/opinions and people respect that, you should respect theirs as well.
If they would be insulted about me informing them that the religious parables were intended as moral stories for the purpose of teaching, and not historically accurate ones, then that would be extremely irrational behaviour. Who would be insulted by being informed about something they didn't know?

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:09 pm

I'd would think that christian's would stay away from the wolfire boards seeing as its about a video game that has anthromorphism in it~ anthromorphism = sin to christian's right? :? thats what my aunt tells me & shes one of the most christian people i know.. she hates it when i draw anthropomorphic animals.. :?

Nail

Post by Nail » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:57 am

Richie Rabbit wrote:I'd would think that Christian's would stay away from the Wolfire boards seeing as its about a video game that has anthropomorphism in it~ anthropomorphism = sin to Christian's right? :? that's what my aunt tells me & shes one of the most christian people i know.. she hates it when i draw anthropomorphic animals.. :?
Wow, they just keep adding things to the shit list.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:24 am

Richie Rabbit wrote:anthromorphism = sin to christian's right? :??

...what. Your aunt is a dumbass.

@R_T: A fair amount of them do. Maybe because they're misguided, but that's still their belief and you should respect it instead of talking about the rational reality.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:26 am

I don't think that a fair amount of them do. I think it's a severe minority.

Also, what? Did you just call his aunt a dumbass for her beliefs? Are you hypocrisy incarnated or something? How can you possibly contradict yourself so overwhelmingly in the one post?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:41 am

There is no proof at all Christians hate anthropomorphic animals, nor is there anywhere in the bible that mentions them being a sin, so by saying that in Christianity's views anthropmorphs are a sin, his aunt is lying. It's like saying "Evolution proves there is a God."

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:55 am

Sheesh. Talk about a mountain out of a molehill. I really wasn't looking for an argument with that inbreeding reply. Wasn't really trying to be funny either.

Anyway, if someone else is allowed to express the view that Noah's ark really happened, then I am allowed to express the view that they are full of crap.

Although common courtesy would probably require me to use slightly more diplomatic terms.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:58 am

Surely if the four men who wrote the passages of the bible are allowed to decide what to write, his aunt should be allowed to choose what to believe? Maybe she took inferences from the bible that anthropomorphism is an implied sin. Have you studied every passage of the bible? A lot of it is extremely ambiguous.

And I agree with what Zhukov says about being allowed to express your views freely. I enjoy knowing that I can say what I think without fear of retribution.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Richie Rabbit wrote:anthromorphism = sin to christian's right? :??
...what. Your aunt is a dumbass.
( Lulz )
:shock: She also tells me that homosexuals have no soul, that the dinosaurs are fake & all other religion is wrong, atheism was made by the devil & people will go to hell for not being a christian. Really It might sound like I'm BSing you but I'm not she's tha type of christian & so are most of her friends & when ever i talk about evolution her kids laugh at me & would say " you believe in that stupid fairy tale?" it's kinda annoying lol.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

What's the word...

Evangelist?

Or am I wrong?

Your aunt is entitled to her opinions, as old-fashioned as they may be. (I was very close to using a different word there)

Seriously though, the Bible is taken literally by some people but I'm pretty sure the entire thing is full of metaphors and made-up stories to get across morals and ideals.

OH GOD WHY AM I SO SRS RIGHT NOW

It must be these damn pringles.

*munch*

But yeah- I disagree with your aunt, and a lot of Christians do look at the world that way. They just believe in the bible so much, nothing wrong with that. (Though the gay thing might conflict with modern life...)

AH DAMNIT PRINGLES ARE SRS

AND DELICIOUS

*munch*