God?

Anything else
nutcracker

God?

Post by nutcracker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Wow, talking about god on randomness, well..
I don't believe in god, should I?
Do you believe in god?
Tell us, friend : )

Nail

Re: God?

Post by Nail » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:06 pm

There could be superior organisms that may or may not affect us. The typical version of god is very quixotic, especially the "he loves all of us" part.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Yeah, that's the part that always gets me. "YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY...but I love you."

I believe there is probably some higher power, but not in the traditional sense. And if there is a higher power, he/she isn't giving us much to work with here.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:24 pm

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:38 pm

God is serious business, and that picture is OOLLDD

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:40 pm

It sure is... 8)

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Meh, I really don't care too much about the whole religion thing. The way I see it no one knows for sure if there is or is not a god, and I highly doubt we'll ever find out, let alone in my lifetime. If there is a god, great, I'm hoping the all loving part will kick in and I'll go to heaven. If not, then oh well. But I'm not going to waste my life following the rules of some religion. I'm going to live freely and not worry about whether or not my actions will send me to hell.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:44 pm

I would avoid talking about this kind of stuff on the internet.

Religion is far too diverse and people have their own misguided and ignorant definitions of a lot of stuff just in different sects of religions; eg, like in Christianity the whole hellfire thing. Some major sects like Catholicism believe in it but some others have rationally disproved the existence of a place where humans are in pain for eternity after death, just by using the Bible, too, so they (current believers in hell) couldn't complain about them just being 'misguided/irrational atheists'. Of course, the Catholic church ignored them. Because Catholics are just generally way too blinded by their religion to even listen to other people's ideas.

Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs. Some douches will rag on others' beliefs, which is a bad thing to do as you can't be 100% certain in any religion or lack thereof; whether or not they want to believe it, everyone has a lot of faith- some people in God, some in his lack of existence- but there is not enough proof either way for us to say for certain there is or is no God. We can debate it all we want, but you have to make a lot of your own assumptions and look at others' assumptions and decide the big picture for yourself.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Some major sects like Catholicism believe in it but some others have rationally disproved the existence of a place where humans are in pain for eternity after death, just by using the Bible.
That's impossible. There is no way they could use a source like the bible, or any other source actually, to either prove or disprove such a thing.

How can you disprove it?
"The bible says so!"
Oh right.

Ragdollmaster wrote:We can debate it all we want, but you have to make a lot of your own assumptions and look at others' assumptions and decide the big picture for yourself.
So it's stupid to discuss it and share our opinions. Got it. That's very helpful input on the discussion. You can go and not discuss it in some other thread, thank you.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 pm

If they used a separate source to prove there is no hellfire, do you think anyone would have payed attention? "Hell doesn't exist because it's impossible." "WE'VE HEARD, JACKASS, GET OUT."
Renegade_Turner wrote:So it's stupid to discuss it and share our opinions.
Apparently you think so because you didn't read through my whole post, or at least pay attention to it. If you had, you would've seen that's not what I was saying or implying. Taking quotes out of context is a stupid and misguided effort to be witty.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:03 pm

It's pretty much what you were saying. You were saying that discussing it will not give us the answer and that we have to decide for ourselves, but that's just retarded. Plenty of things can be learned from discussions. I wasn't trying to be witty, I was trying to tell you that what you were saying was retarded.

And what are you babbling about other sources? You're going on about something that has nothing to do with what I said. And you were talking about me not paying attention to your post? No source can prove or disprove the existence of hell. That's just silly, you're silly.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:33 pm

I believe that Kermit the forg is god, and Animal is a Jesus-like being. What do you think?

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:29 am

Anyone who believes in a god that actually cares about humans is either trolling or stupid.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 am

Can of worms anyone?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:38 am

R_T: No, I'm saying we can't factually accept opinions. We can form our own opinions based on others' viewpoints, but we can't definitely say "Yeah, there is/isn't a God."