Richie Rabbit

Re: God?

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:23 am

He looks like a pimp.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:27 am

Yeah I always see pimps with bird heads.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29 am

Really? where? :o

myfaceisblue

Post by myfaceisblue » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:52 pm

There most likely isn't a god in any sense at all. however I can't PROVE that to anyone because you can't disprove a negative. I could easily say dragons and the tooth fairy exist and could anyone prove me wrong? no. If we could disprove a negative, people wouldn't be able to lie and religion wouldn't exist. In the past,people used god to explain things they didn't understand like the tides,the existence of man ect. ect. Hopefully in the next couple hundred years, humans will be able to disprove negatives and will be able to end the god vs. no god debate

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Holiday killer.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:07 pm

myfaceisblue: That's probably among the stupidest arguments I've ever heard. "I don't need proof because I can't get it." You can use that same rationale to assume that God does exist, just because his existence can't be disproved, but what you can't say is for that very reason that he does not exist. "They have no proof, so we can't disprove it. WELL OF COURSE, LET'S JUST GO ONE WAY AND SEND IT RIGHT BACK AT THEM. HE DOESN'T EXIST. YEAH. TRY THAT."

Under that line of thinking, you're being as unreasonable as the people who assume he exists because his existence can't be disproved. Therefore, you can't say that god doesn't exist. End of story.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Last edited by Richie Rabbit on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:07 pm

god is a stupid asshole that sits in heaven whit his beard while getting tatooed by his angles, while he drinks gin or something. then he takes a piss and now we are all wet in denmark. FANFUCKINTASTIC, shoot that old asshole if exists or something god danm it.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Has anyone else noticed that most people on the internet aren't Christian? Not being stereotypical, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed too. For example, it seems Ragdoll is the only one here who is defending Christianity.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:43 pm

'Defending Christianity'... not so much as 'demolishing ignorant comments'. I'm not even Christian myself.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:13 pm

lol

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:'Defending Christianity'... not so much as 'demolishing ignorant comments'. I'm not even Christian myself.
You are probboly not looking in the right places.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:*A lot of stuff that confused me because he used prove/disprove too many times.*
Also, I would defend Christianity, but I don't really see the point since it won't change anything anyway. I'm not Christian but my family is, and I respect all religions, despite how unfounded I believe they may be.

myfaceisblue

Post by myfaceisblue » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:'Defending Christianity'... not so much as 'demolishing ignorant comments'. I'm not even Christian myself.
"demolishing ignorant comments"? Ouch... thats harsh. You might want to consider other people's perspectives before flaming like that. What I was trying to say wasn't " If I can't prove that god doesn't exist then he does. (or vice-versa)" I was trying to say that from my (and many other people's perspectives) the idea of a guy sitting in the clouds with a really cool beard pressing the smite button on a nuke detonater seems a little outlandish to me but I can't prove whether its true or false. Also think about all the other religions. What do you think they think of catholics and christians? they most likely say "those guys are so dumb for thinking that whats in that book of theres." Some of us think that about them. Just think about this. There have been so many wars over religion (the crusades,WW2,the reformation..) if there is truly a God in the Christian sense of the word then you would think he would give some sort of sign right? But have you ever seen or heard of a prayer visibly answered? Have you ever seen a guy pray to win the lottery and end up winning?(bruce almighty reference nonwithstanding) I'm just trying to balence this thread cause this kind of topic can start some bad flame wars.

Rant End