Shameless Promotion

Anything else
zip
lugaruguru

Shameless Promotion

Post by zip » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm

So, there's this cool young-adult book called The Hunger Games. Since this forum is full of young-adults I figured some of you may have read it (and if you haven't, you should), and that a few of you might be interested to know that its sequel Caching Fire is coming out soon (http://laurenbarnholdt.com/2009/06/30/c ... -giveaway/).
More importantly, linking to that post gets you ( or in this case, me ;) ) one entry to win an advance copy of the book, which is where the shameless promotion part comes in ;)
So clicky clicky, read The Hunger Games if you haven't yet (really, it's good), and post that link elsewhere (how often do you get to be greedy AND be a good Samaritan at the same time?)

Skofo

Re: Shameless Promotion

Post by Skofo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Here's a link to actually buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-Games-Suza ... 439023483/

That's the most useless referral link ever. It's not even useful to the people you're linking. The people you're referring can't actually buy the book, it just gives you a better chance of winning one yourself. What's the point of praising the book in your post, hm?

Honestly, you and the blogger should really be ashamed of yourselves. Reported for advertising.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 pm

The point of praising the book in my post was because I honestly enjoyed it (why else would I want to win a signed ARC of its sequel?). I don't see why you should be taking any kind of moral high ground about my post, if you want to criticize it for something then attack it for being a drive-by bit of fluff, but I'm not pretending that its anything but. It was written last minute as a favor to a friend (who will actually receive the book, and I'll borrow it at some point), and since Randomness is full of crap anyway I didn't feel the need to craft in-depth review of the book.

I read your report on my post. I'm sure some other people on this forum have read The Hunger Games, and they might be interested in the opportunity to get a signed ARC. For the people who haven't, well.. like I said it's a good YA book. I think that promoting something you enjoy is ok in Randomness, no?.

Also, last I checked, nearly anything goes in Randomness. If I'm wrong, do let me know.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:18 pm

The unwritten law is that you can shamelessly promote stuff in randomness, but it needs to be balanced out by a shameless promotion of Overgrowth on the other persons forums.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Jeff wrote:The unwritten law is that you can shamelessly promote stuff in randomness, but it needs to be balanced out by a shameless promotion of Overgrowth on the other persons forums.
Oh it's been written before. ;)

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:52 am

Might try reading Battle Royale. Much of the same plot effects, and a superb book in my opinion.

It is a very mature though, what with all the death and all (and the incredible detail it's described in).