Clan Lord

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Clan Lord

Post by Blorx » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:44 pm

So after playing the demo ages ago and participating in playing Arindal from alpha until the release when I had no money and couldn't pay for it, I'm finally going to start playing Clan Lord tomorrow.

Why?

Because as of this past January, it only costs $15 for a character and then $10 for each additional character with NO MONTHLY FEES.

Why Clan Lord?

Because WoW isn't my cup of tea and has got to be the least addictive MMO (to me) out there and yet people are just sucked in and can't stop. I'm not trashing it...I just had no desire to keep going after level 10 or so.

That and I can't pay monthly for any of the other Mac MMOs and the other free ones just don't appeal to me.

Why did I post this?

At only a $15 ONE TIME PAYMENT and a free trial available, I was wondering if anyone wanted to join me so that I'd feel less newbish haha. It's a difficult game to get started in. Friends help immensely.

http://www.deltatao.com/clanlord/index.html

(Yes Jeff, I will advertise on their community forum tomorrow when I start playing =D)

Glabbit

Re: Clan Lord

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:44 am

Clan Lord! I remember that. I tried the demo ages ago back in the days of the os 9 - os X crossover.
That was when I still completely hated RTS and strategy in general 'cos I was too stupid to get my head around it.
Not that I've improved at all since then, but I don't hate it anymore.
I seem to remember this game having a really great emote system, with the text bubbles and all.

Maybe I should try once more one day soon :3

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Heh, well I started playing today as Joh'nak, so if anyone joins up then look for me in game. ^_^

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:28 pm

I make check the game out

(blorx, would you mind bumping the "our musical shit thread" It's dying, we can't let that happen now can we, something might happen to you or your family if you don't. *evil look* -.-)

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:14 pm

I remember seeing clan lord on shareware websites but I haven't played it.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Damn, I thought this game would never turn up on it's own on these forums. I used to play it when it did have a monthly fee back at around the time I would've been making an ass of myself on these forums.

A problem I had was with the lack of information on your skills and more specifically when you get enough EXP to improve a skill. I can't remember the exact wording of it, but that little message didn't really feel like I'd gained anything. Therefore, I got all my experience from the library.

It's certainly good to see the monthly fee disappear, since at one point I simply gave up on any and all games with monthly fees, seeing as I can get a lot more out of an ordinary FPS or something. I don't think I'll be rejoining, though. Or at least not immediately, especially considering my internet is currently epically capped (although I used to play it on dial-up :shock:).