Scribblenauts.

Anything else
invertin

Re: Scribblenauts.

Post by invertin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:53 pm

TheBigCheese wrote:I honestly have a feeling that the choices will be fairly limited. Unless they've spent years and years compiling images, rigid body meshes, controls, and interactions for millions of objects.
As far as I can tell, that's exactly what they did.

They actually had alot of problems with development because they had to make everything before they could make the puzzles themselves.

If he wants the Starites, why can't he just write "Starite"?

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:36 pm

I can imagine maybe thousands, which is still a fair amount, but if they seriously put that kind of work into the game creating objects that's amazing.

princecinnamonboots

Post by princecinnamonboots » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Although this is a late post, I found something that seems to contradict the rating system on this game. On fallout 3, i could shoot a mini nuke at a kid and nothing would happen, but on sribblenuats I could do a driveby shooting at an elementary school, or kill a child with a bullet to the head.
Yet it is still rated
E.jpg
E.jpg (1.9 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
:?: :?:

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:22 pm

It's because of the presentation.

In Fallout 3 you can use a shot gun to make people's heads burst in slow motion.
In Scribblenauts everything just disappears into family-friendly clouds of sparkle... stuff.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:30 pm

You can't kill kids in Fallout 3? I know you couldn't kill storyline important people (well they couldn't die at all...which is funny when they go leaping off of buildings to chase and enemy and telescope their spine from hitting the ground, only to get up a few seconds later...).

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Children in Fallout 3 are completely invincible and completely untargitable. Everything else isn't.

Though there is a mod that corrects the invincibility. Which makes one quest a hell of a lot easier.

Megika

Post by Megika » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 am

invertin wrote:Children in Fallout 3 are completely invincible and completely untargitable. Everything else isn't.
Damn ratings boards...

This makes me wish my DS actually worked.

EDIT: "This" being Scribblenauts, not ratings boards.