Lucid dreaming

Anything else
blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Lucid dreaming

Post by blood-shard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Lucid dreaming. This is very odd and i dident realy believe it would work,lucid dreaming is an ability where you gain controll over your dreams and you can do lots of things or well thats if you're good at it im still in the beginning of getting the hang of it :D i took this deep meditation ability for granted,Take a look at it your self.Im sure it will interest most of you people here (if you choose to take this up dont give up too fast,this is just like learning to walk, you fall Recover get backup and try again :) ) http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

Lotus Wolf

Re: Lucid dreaming

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:14 pm

I was born with this "ability". I always thought everyone could control their dreams, but lately I've been finding that most can't... Anyway, good find. Hope you stay with it.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:I was born with this "ability". I always thought everyone could control their dreams, but lately I've been finding that most can't... Anyway, good find. Hope you stay with it.
I will mate ;) Btw how come you're to fucking gifted ._. i mean its awesome how you worked your ass off to do some of the things you do but sometimes i wonder.... are you jesus ? XD jk

Kestril

Post by Kestril » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I can, but I don't seem to have dreams much anymore.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm

blood-shard wrote:are you jesus ? XD jk
Nope, just his equivalent

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm with Lotus on this one. (the dreaming part) I've never had trouble doing it. It's a matter of me actually dreaming... Or remembering my dreams.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:49 pm

i just have a question, can you do things in your dreams that aint realy possible ? like flying or walking on walls or walk through them, Lucid dreaming is about full controll

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Afraid I've tried these methods before, they don't work, and the biting your arm one is the worst because you still feel pain in dreams. hate those things fortunately I don't dream much anymore.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:06 pm

I go through patches of dreams. Especially during a period when my emotions are running wild over something. Lately I've been dreaming a lot about a girl...although I did have one dream the other night that was about a swimming pool at a campsite...

Anyway, I haven't ever been able to do this lucid dream thingy. I'm pretty much always unaware I'm dreaming until I wake up.

I have had times though when part of the dream comes back into the real world with me. One time when I was younger I had a dream where me and my brother were rollerblading on the top of a cliff beside my uncle's house, and my brother fell off the cliff into the ocean, and I ran back inside the house to my mum and everyone else and I was telling them about it but they just kept laughing and laughing and then I woke up sweating and ran over to my brother's bed thinking he would be gone but he wasn't. I know it was irrational to expect him to not be there, but I was 7, what could you expect?

Also, one time my dad woke me up for school and, much to his surprise, I asked him "Why did they put me in prison?" :lol:

Kestril

Post by Kestril » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 pm

i just have a question, can you do things in your dreams that aint realy possible ? like flying or walking on walls or walk through them, Lucid dreaming is about full controll
Yup. Flying for example, unless the dream starts out when you ARE flying, then that's just plain kickass. Guess it's natural, I guess. :?

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 pm

I've had a few here and there, but never actual full control. I always think, "Huh, this is a dream. Weird", but my my dream self is too stupid to take advantage of it. :|

Half of the tutorials are pure baloney though.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 pm

I almost never remember my dreams.

Judging by the ones that I do remember, this is a good thing.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 am

I can do pretty much all I wan't in my dreams, but rarely great anything new.
Even tho, if im fighting zombies (lol) I just consentrate on that :D

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:46 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Also, one time my dad woke me up for school and, much to his surprise, I asked him "Why did they put me in prison?" :lol:
One time I had the flu AND the chicken pox at the same time. I fell asleep on the couch and had blurry, insane dreams. When my dad woke me up, I said "Does that reflect oranges in any way?".

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I can do this, and I recently had a very odd one (dream). I was able to go through the entire life of a completely different person, and when I say entire, I mean entire, like , being born to dieing, all in the 10 hours of sleep I got that night. Really weird.