Does anyone here like the same artists I do...

Anything else

How many of these artists do you like?

Rob Zombie
12%
Nightwish
15%
Audioslave
7%
The Chieftains
2%
Blind Guardian
7%
Rage Against the Machines
22%
Ozzy Osbourne
15%
Trevor Rabin
2%
Hans Zimmer
7%
The Prodigy
10%

Total votes: 41

zip
lugaruguru

Re: Does anyone here like the same artists I do...

Post by zip » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Mmm yes, Mastodon is tasty, especially their new album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWKOe18MFfY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Vf5syTfmE

This music makes me want to rub my thighs together in a guilty fashion.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 pm

zip wrote:Mmm yes, Mastodon is tasty, especially their new album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWKOe18MFfY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Vf5syTfmE

This music makes me want to rub my thighs together in a guilty fashion.
Divinations = epic.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:25 pm

I had a ticket to see Mastodon, The Sword, Thin Lizzy, Alice In Chains, Lamb Of God and Metallica in Marlay Park, Dublin on the 1st of August, but I bought it months in advance because of the awesome line-up that was promise. In the few weeks coming up to the gig, The Sword, Thin Lizzy and Lamb Of God all drop out, and I realise no one I know had bought a ticket. I didn't go because all that was left was travelling a very long way and standing in a very rough crowd just to see Mastodon and Metallica by myself. I very nearly went though...
nerodx wrote:Powerman 5000
I will agree one thing about Powerman 5000, and that is that THIS IS A BADASS FUCKING SONG.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm

"Not avalable in this region"

Which song is a badass farking song?

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm

When Worlds Collide, yep thats the one I've been obsessing over on that CD, lol. Along with another one but I can't think of the name of that one right now.

TheShadowInside

Post by TheShadowInside » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 pm

All that remains, is definatly my favorate band of all time, i has their tab booklet! XD

Inflames,
Three days grace,
Linkin park,

those are my favorate bands :)

i dont really listen to any of the bands in your list ¬¬
rage against the machine and nightwish was all ive heard of

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:40 pm

I third Mastodon's awesomeness. Also, Gojira (see avatar) is perhaps the greatest thing to happen. Ever.

Basically, I'm a sucker for anything progressive in the metal world. I also Highly recomend Opeth, Cynic, Meshuggah, Enslaved, and Death and I have a soft spot for instrumental progressive metal along the lines of Scale the Summit, Canvas Solaris, and Blotted Science. Also, technical death metal like Decapitated, Gorguts, or Necrophagist.

Outside of the metal world, it's mostly post-rock like Explosions in the Sky, Red Sparowes, God is an Astronaut, If These Trees Could Talk, (and moving back towards the metal world, things like Pelican, Russian Circles, Irepress, Isis, Cult of Luna, etc.) and some Psytrance. I also enjoy Classical and Jazz when it's playing, but I do not claim to know very much about any specific artists or composers (aside from the well known ones, like Tchaikovsky or Vivaldi)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:48 pm

TheShadowInside wrote:All that remains, is definatly my favorate band of all time, i has their tab booklet! XD

Inflames,
Three days grace,
Linkin park,

those are my favorate bands :)

i dont really listen to any of the bands in your list ¬¬
rage against the machine and nightwish was all ive heard of
I agree that All That Remains are quite fucking awesome. The following some has some of the coolest riffs I've ever heard in a metal song (seriously there's so many different riffs in it, they switch from cool riff to awesome riff to amazing riff):

All That Remains - Six

And they go all mellow half way through, and then move seemlessly back to heavy, which is sweet.

You should check out anothehr metal band called August Burns Red. They're very metal but at the same time their songs are based on very...ummm...pop-orientated melodies. That's not initially apparent, but the melodies in their songs would work equally well in a lighter mainstream song. Pretty sick vocals though. He's very good at both growling and singing.

August Burns Red - Composure

Another heavily underrated hard rock/metal band is The Sword. Their musicianship is impeccable. It's not always the most groundbreaking stuff, but it sounds fucking awesome and is very rhythmic and heavy. In succinct form, it rocks. I'd put their musicianship on par with the likes of Metallica, and I'd say the material they're putting out at the moment is far better than Metallica's latest efforts. The only difference? Metallica will cost you about 80 quid for a ticket, The Sword will cost you about 20. lol. Check out the following live performance of a song with one of the most fantastic intros and one of the most fantastic rock solos you've ever heard to understand the reason for my neverending praise:

The Sword - Iron Swan (Live)

Also, 36 Crazyfists. There's not much to say about them, other than they're very heavy but very melodic. The singer is absolutely fantastic at both screams and singing. The chorus in this particular song I'm about to show is amazingly good. His lyrics are fairly decent too, lot of hidden meanings, they're not your run-of-the-mill metal lyrics. Also, the drummer is one of the best metal drummers I've ever heard. His light, rhythmic, subtle drumming as well as his heavy, crashing, stampeding drumming are both equally sexual.

36 Crazyfists - Slit Wrist Theory

LACE ME UP, LACE ME UP, I'M STILL LOOKING FOR THESE ANGELS IN THE SNOW.

Oh, and Kid Cudi. He has some hardcore metal breakdowns.

Kid Cudi - Day N Nite

TheShadowInside

Post by TheShadowInside » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:56 pm

ahh yes 'six'... an awesome song, although the riffs are very simple, but still its pretty damn good, i think its the easiest all that remains song to play on guitar.

i love the YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in the intro.

if you like all that remains, i found an unsigned band who are quite like them but more clean vocals, but its still awesome.

www.myspace.com/alliaskrock

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:31 am

Ridiculously over-elaborate riffs aren't good. Ones that sound good are good. Riffs don't have to be hard to play to be good riffs. Case in point: Smoke On The Water.

All I Ask are pretty cool alright. I love the song Life Of A Liar. Especially the clean vocals.

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 pm

THERE'S A PILOT IMPALED TO THE WING
AND HE'S

DEAD

AND ALL THE PASSENGERS THEY ARE MISSING
CAUSE THEY'RE

DEAD

Voltaire kicks ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFoP0-RM ... re=related

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Ooh, I just picked up a new album from a band called Augury yesterday, and I am VERY impressed with it. The album is called 'Fragmentary Evidence' and I highly suggest it to people who like progressive death metal. The best description that I can come up with at the moment in kind of like a mix of Arsis and Death, but with more mellow passages (and 12-string accoustic), with a little bit of Unexpect-style weirdery thrown in (and, in fact, it features guest vocals from Unexpect vocalists) it reminds me of some other stuff, but I can't really put my finger on it yet.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:06 am

I checked Rage and Audioslave. They have the same band (minus singer) anyway. Rage>Audioslave tho, imo.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Audioslave's first album was quite good. The albums after that got progressively worse.

All of Rage Against The Machine's albums were solid. The debut album, again, was the best.