hallucinations - 'visual snow?'

Anything else
TheShadowInside

hallucinations - 'visual snow?'

Post by TheShadowInside » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm

hey guys

Recently i discovered i can see somthing some of my friends cant, its like coloured grains of sand doted around my eyesight like a blanket, or like coloured television static. its quite weird. Usually in bright lights or outside its pretty much unoticable, but when the light decreases it becomes more intense. This might be hard to imagine as it is very hard to discribe.
ive had this for as long as i can remember. has anyone heard of it before?

ive tried look it up but it seems like most of the websites that dicribe what i think is what i see, are forums and dont really contain much solid information on it, though alot of them link it to drug taking, mostly doing lots of LSD and smoking marijuana in the past. ive never touched either of them in my life and some sites go into talking about how people who experiance visual snow also get flashbacks and lucid dreaming, of which i havent really experianced before, except for the very occasional lucid dream but nothing really that big.

http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/1208/

lots of people posted different explanations about this 'visual snow' effect such as
- history of depression
- drug taking
- drinking
- Blood preasure? (dont know anything about it)

'It does seem that the reason for everybody's blurred vision is different.' -
Athough i wouldnt discribe this as blurred from all the other information im ure they are talking about what i mean. it doesnt look like theres much research done on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 am

I've had this a couple of times. However, in my case, both occasions were preceded by sharp blows to the head and followed by a distinct urge to lie down for a nap.

The visual snow effect is often reported by people just before they faint due to circulation troubles. That is to say, due to not getting enough oxygen to the brain.

Endoperez

Re: hallucinations - 'visual snow?'

Post by Endoperez » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:13 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

It's probably not related, but it reminded me of this other harmless vision-thing I know of. It seems there's also a spesific type of floaters called "flying flies" which appear as small dots. You might be interested, even if it's not what you have.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:56 am

I've allways had floaters. I can see them clearly when i stare myself to a blurred view.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:30 am

^Yup. I assumed they were normal. Little bright colored dots just floating around in the air. They never seem to actually overlap anything real, it's as if they're in ANOTHER DIMENSION DUN DUN DUN.

Er... no, probably just an illusion, not so much a hallucination. For anyone who hasn't seen them before, close your eyes and instead of seeing total black, if you focus in on some spots, you'll see various yellowish/white dots (like stars) floating around

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:22 pm

I've had some, tho I was thrown to the ground with great force and I hit my head + I was being choked.

TheShadowInside

Post by TheShadowInside » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Endoperez wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater
floaters.
the name is a bit gay...
i assumed everyone had those, but i only ever see them if i look at the sky, or if i really consontrate on looking at them infront of the computer screen.

does anyone actually have the visual snow constantly? throughout the day? its usually fainter in the day but its still noticably there.

when those of you who dont get visual snow, what do you see when you close your eyes at night? is it just black?