Chaos

Anything else
Timothy

Re: Programmer Needed

Post by Timothy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 am

TheBigCheese wrote:You should be wary of creating your own game engine, especially since no one on your team is a programmer, and you'll be entirely relying on the people who you enlist. With all of the art help you have at the moment it'd probably be a lot easier to use a pre-existing one. Of course, that takes away from the fun and excitement of creating your own game.
We didn't create our own engine. Its already created, no one has ever used it before. It is created by a group of very skilled individuals that I have become rather fond of. You can check more information about it here http://zeq2.com/site/viewtopic.php?t=50

(Hehe, by the way BigCheese....are you sure there isn't a way I can lead you to the dark side to join us? We have cookies!!)

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:57 am

TBC: Maybe by "new game engine", he just means one that's already made but not readily used.

EDIT: Ninja'd, he already confirmed what I was thinking :wink: (Dang mind readers)

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:03 am

Ah, I was thinking you might have meant that. I looked around for Zios, but couldn't find anything.
Timothy wrote:(Hehe, by the way BigCheese....are you sure there isn't a way I can lead you to the dark side to join us? We have cookies!!)
Unfortunately, I'm working on 2 websites and a few personal projects of my own, and then there's that real life thing that keeps getting in my way. :P Just too much stuff on my board right now. Plus, I don't have actual experience with 3D game creation past OpenGl rendering that I've been teaching myself. Most of it is in 2D games and robotics, neither of which would really help you get where you need to go.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 am

Ah, I understand =). I'll be giving you guys access to the forums here pretty soon. You seem to have great insight BigCheese so I appreciate any ideas you throw my way that I can convey to the team. Sheesh there is alot of stuff I've yet to cover with you guys. We are possibly thinking about Episodic Releases, seeing as we are indie developers we aren't confined by time restraints for releases, but that can be a double edged sword. We don't want the fans waiting a tremendous amount of time. The Episodic Releases would serve as our betas. This is only a possibility though, so don't engrave that in stone =).

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:03 pm

FORUMS, GAMES, INDIE PEOPLE, AWESOME CONCEPT FOR GAME, COOKIES, AND....
and?.... uh... awesome people?.... more awesome things?....

when can i join? : -D

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Hehe soon, you haven't seen anything yet. I don't even think I'm the coolest guy on the team ^^

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Here is a quick design for my concept artist to build around for a campus like environment. This is where Black Oasis operatives will mull around to learn their trade. For Braden this campus will serve as his base to lean tutorials and game play mechanics. As you walk around the campus you'll see many cool things such as people trying to learn to walk on water, and scale walls. The cube structures that you see are just placeholders for trees.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Walk on water?..... can i do that?... so I'm curious, how much have you gotten done with this game?
just the concept I'm guessing? plus ever since i read this

"Why create this game?:

We are creating this game because we are passionate individuals who want to
better improve our respective skills, and continue to build up a portfolio of work for
future employment opportunities...."

i was wondering if you're going to be a full indie company, or if you guys are only doing this one game to get some job offerings and raise you're skill level.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:29 pm

We are still only in the conceptual stage of development. Hehe, and who knows about our future, depends on how much we end up liking each other in the end if we do another game or not. I actually have another game planned.....but that will be a little ways away.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 am

This is no where near done, but take a look at Braden.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am

i like it except for one thing, the hair... no offense but i just don't like that hair at all.
otherwise, nice. *opts for a high five*

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah, we are looking at a couple of different options for the hair, my personal favorite is this, with the long ponytail

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 am

You have really good artists.

I'm just learning Python.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:18 am

Hehe, yes we do. Love those guys ^^, I'm picking up some Python too.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:07 pm

Does your team have a website or blog or facebook, etc?