Lockerz, a site for free stuff!

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

Lockerz, a site for free stuff!

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Lockerz is one of those points-gaining sites where one earns "Ptz", as they are called in this case, which can be cashed in for prizes like video games, iPods, even a 42" television (3,000 PTZ >_>)

Anyhoo, it's currently in a closed Beta, meaning the only way to sign up is to get invited by a friend. This would be in our mutual interest, gentlemen- you get entrance to a site where you can get free stuff just for logging in every day (Seriously, 2 Ptz for logging in.) and I get 2ptz for every friend I refer, up to a maximum of 20. If one can successfully invite 20 friends, you become a "Z-Lister", earning twice as many Ptz for a full year. So of course, if you're interested, try inviting as many of your own friends as possible; it helps you and the site owners.

Example of stuff you can win;
42" TV (3000 ptz)
iPod Touch (600 ptz)
7th Generation Video Games [Wii, PS3, 360 stuff] (100 ptz)

The 'Ptz place', the official page for redeeming your prizes, is still being worked on and you can't get anything for now.

What are the advantages in joining?
Joining earlier would mean having more time to accumulate ptz until the date you can start redeeming them for prizes. Additionally, the prices of things will gradually go up as more people join, so having more ptz, and at an earlier time, is a double-win.

It is seriously completely free?
Yup :|

Is this gonna be another one of those asshole sites open to US only?
No. Right now, they're not shipping to any countries since they're not officially open yet... but recently, they held a contest where international members outside the United States had a chance to win a laptop; so obviously, international membership is a plan for the future of Lockerz.

How do I sign up?
Post your email in the following format; email(AT)site(DOT)com. I'll invite you within a day.

TheBigCheese

Re: Lockerz, a site for free stuff!

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm

First off, rewards1.com. Same thing basically, only the prizes really go up to a few hundred dollars.

Also, do you actually fill out all the surveys? Or do you use a script?

Also, if I start getting spam, you are to blame. shreddedcheddar(at)gmail(dot)com.
Last edited by TheBigCheese on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Sounds like BS to me, but nonetheless. Sign me up [email protected]

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Timothy wrote:Sounds like BS to me, but nonetheless. Sign me up [email protected]
I'm sure it works great. The catch is that the surveys literally could take half an hour to complete for maybe a profit of 2 dollars (if you're lucky).

I created a script that can fill them out for you, but I've found that it's a pain, even when it does itself.

Edit: Also, what's keeping you from inviting a bunch of 10-min mail accounts? Free points right?

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Only thing on there that I'd be interested is the TV :lol:

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Meh. gomexicanfood(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:09 am

malcolm60526(at)sbcglobal(dot)com

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:20 am

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:31 am

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:50 am

Isn't this a pyramid scam? Refer to X people for a prize; those people refer to Y people for a price, the latecomers can't get points nearly as fast because the invites get you more points and a multiplier.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:58 am

Yes, but no real money involved. In a same way than normally.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:43 am

That is absolute ludicrous.

This address is so spammed anyway I probably couldn't even sign up properly, but hey, It'll give you a bonus, right?
galen(at)creatrix(dot)nl
Yes.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am

Endoperez wrote:Isn't this a pyramid scam? Refer to X people for a prize; those people refer to Y people for a price, the latecomers can't get points nearly as fast because the invites get you more points and a multiplier.
Yeah, but at least you don't have to put in anything except time.

Pyrokwah

Post by Pyrokwah » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:57 am

hmm, have heard about this, not too sure, but send the invite and a url (havnt found it yet haha) to kwahblivion(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 pm

OK; it's not a referral scam- by that, I mean one of those surveys where it's like "HEY FILL OUT THIS SURVEY OF 500 QUESTIONS" and then when you finish it makes you do another survey, and another, and another, recursively.

Anyways I'll put in all the addresses once I get to my computer, should be in a couple hours (doing a lot of back to school stuff, just jacked into a library computer [imsobadassnurnot?] to post this)

@TBC: I tried rewards1, and to be honest it was a lot worse than this from what I've experienced so far. I haven't gotten any spam yet, you won't. Also, I think there's some kind of activity check thing, I dunno, and they could also trace the IP addresses and see that it's one person referring themselves :P

@Timothy: I actually already got an iPod nano from these guys, it's legit :)