(RP) Quarantine: Code Black

Anything else
Jimmy Jazz

Re: (RP) Quarantine: Code Black

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:15 pm

I kinda cheated on this one but hey.... i found it appropriate. shrugs
===================
"Hey, wake up man..." he felt a hand shake his leg "Oi, Wake up we're almost there." yawning Vadim opened his eyes raising a hand to shield his eyes from the bright desert. "Ah good, thought you'd never wake up, heheh... that would've let me drive to the nearest town leaving you to rot in this god forsaken desert" His driver said jokingly. "Ha ha, of course i get the sarcastic one" he mumbled sitting up "How long til we get there?" he asked stretching in the small transport vehicle "ten to fifteen minutes, so this power plant is broken or some thing like that?" the Driver said "Some thing like that" Vadim answered "So you a repair man?" asked a second man in the back. Vadim chuckled at this "Just another scientist doing his job protecting this area from a meltdown" the man in the back whistled "Like radiation and that crap?" "Yep, even have my own lead suit" Vadim replied

Hah, if only these bastards knew... he thought "well i think i rest a little longer before we get there" he said turning around to face his window. but it was no use the desert was to bright with the sun and the white sand. so he started singing a limerick

"we will all go together when we go.
What a comforting fact that is to know.
Universal bereavement,
An inspiring achievement,
Yes, we all will go together when we go.

We will all go together when we go.
All suffuse with an incandescent glow.
No one will have the endurance
To collect on his insurance,
Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go.

Oh we will all fry together when we fry.
We'll be french fried potatoes by and by.
There will be no more misery
When the world is our rotisserie,
Yes, we will all fry together when we fry....."

TheBigCheese

Re: (RP) Quarantine: Code Black

Post by TheBigCheese » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Since I'm playing a scientist part, I should technically know about what actually happened at the lab. Obviously this would require that I know what the plot is actually supposed to be. I'm taking the amnesia approach until I can figure out more about the plot without giving away spoilers.

William woke up in a daze. He collected his senses and sat up, immediately recoiling back as a fierce pain rushed to his forehead. Lying on the ground, trying to fight off the pain, he focused on a light bulb, hastily tied to the ceiling by a piece of string. He watched it swing back and forth, moved by some unknown force. Breaking away from the hypnotic trance, he managed to stand up.

Around him he saw all manner of little colored lights blinked on and off, varieties of switches with white labels plastered under each, and large monitor lying face-down on the concrete floor seeming to have fallen off the wall.

It was all foreign to him. The room itself felt close to him, as if he had spent many years of his life working in it, but every time he attempted to recall any memories of his past, he came up blank. It was almost as if someone had ripped a hole in his mind, stealing any memory of the past 10 years of his life. He stepped back, as if seeing the entire room would trigger his memory to return.

Nothing.

"Dammit! What the hell happened here!" He yelled, as if someone would answer his calls. His voice echoed through the room and down the hallway adjacent. The only sounds came from the occasional beep of the control board. Instinctively, he walked across the room and examined the control system. The message, "System Failure" was plastered on the screens in front of him.

"That's helpful." He mumbled sarcastically. He examined the switches around the screen, reading the labels.

"Extrapolate Polar Coordinates, Activate Defenestration Module, Release Neuro-Ciphers..."

It all made little sense to him. Letting out a heavy breath, he noticed a large red button at the bottom of the console. "Re-Activate System", it read.

"That looks like a button to be pressed", he thought.

He reached for the button, but his hand never got to it. He reeled backwards slowing falling into blackness, his body seeming to defy any orders given it. He felt the cold of the concrete floor below as he collapsed, his head sharply hitting the ground. He felt his mouth mumble indistinctly as he blacked out, losing control of his body.

William woke up again in a daze. He expected a large pain in the back of his head, but strangely enough, as he sat up, there was none. He felt his head for a bruise, but whatever had happened before seemed to have healed.

"I must have been out for a while." He said to himself. He looked around.

"What the hell?"

The room around him had changed. Gone were the familiar rows of lights and switches. Gone was the light bulb swinging above the room. In their place were tables scattered around the room in no distinguishable order, piled high with the broken pieces scientific equipment that seemed to have been left by the previous owners.

Unlike the last room however, this one had no air of familiarity. No comforting lights blinking on and off. Just a florescent lamp taped to the wall connected to a car battery with a wire torn from the back of one of the computers lined up against the wall.

He looked down and reeled with shock. He was missing a finger on his left hand. Where his ring finger should have been, there was nothing. He stared, bewildered by the sight of his own hand, now to him a foreign object.

"How the heck did that happen?!", he yelled out. "And how the heck did I get in here?"

To the left of his hand he saw various items hastily piled in a corner. He decided to dismiss any feelings he had to question his situation and looked through the supplies.

"$10.23 in cash, 4 candy bars, an pistol with no ammo, a bag of rubber bands, a few water bottles, and a single serving package of fruit loops.". He made a point to remember everything he had somehow come to gain.

He gathered up the supplies in his torn labcoat and looked for a way out. Staring at the door he noticed that someone had barricaded the door shut - from the inside. He stood there in confusion.

"D-Did I barricade the door? I couldn't have, could I? I though I was out cold." He didn't know what to think.

He felt a rush coming over his body. Not hot, nor cold, but a sensation racing throughout his body stretching to every limb. He sidestepped, trying to maintain control, and caught himself on a table. As he blacked out, he heard his lips mumble, " I must have passed out ... why ... on ... table ..."

* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Anyways, there's my opening character introduction. Hope you liked it. :)