Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Blorx's search for the ultimate MMORPG

Post by Blorx » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 am

Heh, I was gonna check it out, but I got sidetracked by FFXI. xD

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Just because I love it I'm going to recommend City of Heroes, though it's kind of expensive, I don't know how much compared to other MMORPGs, but it's expensive to me.

CoH is one of the few MMORPGs I know where it is basically impossible to run into two guys who look exactly the same. Unless both of them are ripoffs of a proper superhero or something.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

There's also Champions Online, which just came out and is basically the "successor" to City of Heroes.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:04 pm

What about LOVE? The alpha's been released - it's cross-platform and made by one dude on his own :o Looks really good, uses a lot of procedural content and player created content to make up for the lack of, well, people working on it:

http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/index.html

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

I think I might be playing the old republic too when it comes. I love the idea of a more storydriven mmo and then of course there's the fully voiced part - that is awesome!
And then I've also played kotor I and II over and over again.

I've also been seeing a lot into champions online lately, i play pen and paper rpgs myself and I spend all my money on comics, so I had it coming. The endless custimizations that are available are awesome!

Does any1 know of any steampunk mmo's?

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:46 am

I've played Star Wars rpg, Hollow Earth Expeditions (HEX) and D&D, of course. Rpg's are so fun.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:31 am

Been a while since I updated my journey, so here's what I'm at now...well...one of the games I'm at now.

Rise: The Vieneo Province
I guarantee you've never heard of it. Even more so, I wish more games were like this. Completely open 100,000,000,000 km sandbox based on corporations, colonization, exploration, and politics. Completely challenging. Just started my free trial today. The game has never had many subscribers, but it's the epitome of "different" in the MMO world. I'm trying to get into it but making money is tough and no one online ever seems to respond. I dunno. We'll see how it goes. I have 13 days left. ;)

I'd advise you check it out. It's pretty neat. It's frustrating, but it's neat. Can't wait to finally get some cash and take flight with using my new joystick and start setting out to possibly work on colonizing other planets. It'll be awesome. =D

*click on logo to go to the game's site

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 pm

The ultimate MMORPG is soooo AdventureQuest worlds!

just kidding, it looks lie a bunch of garbage :lol:

Uberpwn_w00t

Post by Uberpwn_w00t » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Have you stumbled upon Global Agenda yet? Looks pretty awesome. If you haven't yet, you should check it out.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm

I don't like the idea of Global Agenda personally...

Neither do I like Star Wars The Old Republic. At all. It literally looks like Bioware took Mass Effect, slapped an invented Star Wars era on it, added PvP, made everyone able to be a Jedi, thus killing the badassness of every Jedi game in history, and added a forced online component.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Armored_Wolf wrote:The ultimate MMORPG is soooo AdventureQuest worlds!

just kidding, it looks lie a bunch of garbage :lol:
It totally is.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am

Blorx wrote:I don't like the idea of Global Agenda personally...

Neither do I like Star Wars The Old Republic. At all. It literally looks like Bioware took Mass Effect, slapped an invented Star Wars era on it, added PvP, made everyone able to be a Jedi, thus killing the badassness of every Jedi game in history, and added a forced online component.
*cough*
BioWare hasn't failed on anything yet (unless you count KotOR II, which they didn't really make) but I do see how they could fail with an MMORPG.

Although the concept of them taking Mass Effect and "slapping an invented Star Wars era on it" is a little weird, since Star Wars came first and Mass Effect came second.

Even if you think about the "invented Star Wars era" as compared to Mass Effect, the "invented Star Wars era" came first also.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:50 pm

I meant they are taking the game Mass Effect and slapping Star Wars on it, not the story.

Mass Effect came before SW:ToR. =P

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:11 am

Yeah, every time they release some news about SW:TOR, I get more disappointed. I guess nothing beats having a good pencil&paper roleplaying session with your friends. But that's just me, and I'm a nerd.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:27 am

Untadaike wrote:Yeah, every time they release some news about SW:TOR, I get more disappointed. I guess nothing beats having a good pencil&paper roleplaying session with your friends. But that's just me, and I'm a nerd.
Dude, I love that stuff too. Last summer the band had D&D night once a week :) I don't understand how non-nerds have any fun.