Diagnosis, please.

Anything else
Assaultman67

Re: Diagnosis, please.

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm also american and am fat ...

I also am an college student ... so i wear ambercrombie shirts, have highlights, wear retro sunglasses and refer to my fellow peers as "bro" or "brosef"

... oh wait this is the stereotypes that are true about us ...

Im a college student ... and i'm dirt fucking poor :P ...

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:57 pm

oh stereotypes that are true, never mind then, I'm not fat I don't mind watching fights, america jumps the gun on starting wars, and really I'd prefer to spell things "the british way" being pretentious is probably true though.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:12 am

Assaultman67 wrote:Im a college student ... and i'm dirt fucking poor :P ...
:lol: Yep, same here

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm an art student and I don't do anything.

I'm also vain, occasionally pretentious and particularly well dressed.
Unfortunately, I am not remotely poor.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 am

and thats unfortunate?!

care to send a bit of that burdoning money my way?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Lol. Art students aren't well-dressed. My girlfriend is an art student and my brother's girlfriend is an art student, and the people in their courses are not well-dressed...they actually dress quite silly.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm

That's exactly what the outside world would think. Psh.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:care to send a bit of that burdoning money my way?
Well, no, as much as I'd like to fit into the cliche of having no money as a student and living out of a can of beans, ect, I also like having nice stuff as I am a materialist, and that Samsung TV ain't gonna buy itself!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Uberbeard wrote:That's exactly what the outside world would think. Psh.
A paedophile could say just that if I said "Paedophilia is twisted..." See what I did there? I love taking things out of proportion.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 am

From my experience all Computer-Science students have pony-tails, pimples and a strange sense of humour and Maths students have belts around their nipples, glasses, short tidy hair and a just-so way of dressing. Biology students have beards, Physics students look electrocuted and Chemistry students hide beneath their well-dressed exterior a sort of gleeful mania: at my university... A friend of mine lost all his windows. Geology students wear hiking gear and are fascinated by rocks. Electronics students are always angry because in practice electricity never behaves as it should, and people are always blowing the Multimeters. Anyone in Law or Medicine is pretentious, because they're in Law or Medicine. Arts students make their own clothes.

I wear hemp, have long, unkempt hair and like to philosophise. Sometimes I grin for no apparent reason. I'm the guy buying to bio-friendly pickle and effectively bankrupting himself so he can't afford anything else. I also do Yoga.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 am

Renegade_Turner wrote: A paedophile could say just that if I said "Paedophilia is twisted..." See what I did there? I love taking things out of proportion.
Trouble is pedophiles aren't fore-running the creative industry, if they were I'd find the whole thing a little more acceptable. As it is, they seem to have set their eyes on Catholicism. Ahem.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 am

Uberbeard wrote:they seem to have set their eyes on Catholicism. Ahem.
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh burn!!!!

man that was tight!!

all in favour of a high 5-wait high 10 for that say aye

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:13 am

Wilbefast wrote:Anyone in Law or Medicine is pretentious, because they're in Law or Medicine. Arts students make their own clothes.
I'm a law student and I'm not pretentious, and my girlfriend is an art student in pretty much the most prestigious art college in Ireland, but she doesn't make her own clothes...she actually just wears a hoodie and jeans and canvas shoes the whole time. lol. Maybe in 2nd year she'll go mental. Oh god I hope not.
Uberbeard wrote:Trouble is pedophiles aren't fore-running the creative industry, if they were I'd find the whole thing a little more acceptable. As it is, they seem to have set their eyes on Catholicism. Ahem.
Are you saying if Michaelangelo was a paedophile it would have been acceptable? lol
Uberbeard wrote:As it is, they seem to have set their eyes on Catholicism. Ahem.
Yes, Catholic priests do have a reputation for that kind of thing...but don't forget Artistic Film Directors. He was probably in an art course at some stage. Actually, in reference to my question about Michaelangelo, if you compare it to Roman Polanski's case, he probably would be excused. Half of Hollywood is defending Polanski simply because he was a renowned film director. I suppose the criteria for deciding on whether or not you're allowed to commit acts of paedophilia is based on whether or not your films have won multiple Academy Awards.

Oh, I forgot to mention another stereotype, I'm Irish and my family is Roman Catholic. Somewhere along the way in my 19 years I began to think for myself and now have no specified religion.

Oliver O' Grady is one reason for Americans to be wary of the Irish.

One thing to keep in perspective is that it's a bit pointless to direct hate towards people like Roman Polanski or Oliver O' Grady. Yes, it's fucked up, and they shouldn't be allowed do it, so it's right for them to be punished. However, it's my belief that all people are born with an equal opportunity to grow up to be fucked up in the head. All people are born with an equal opportunity to develop murderous tendencies. It's the kind of mind you're born with and the experiences you go through. It's nothing you can determine for yourself really.

Having said that, that's not an excuse to go out and touch children. That's just a reminder that you shouldn't hate people because they're fucked up in the head. That's how I see it, anyway.

Paedophilia does make me a bit physically sick though.
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tokage

Post by tokage » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Just to get some facts behind this pedophile-catholic connection. This article is quite interesting to read. Because it shows how bad it really is.
guardian.co.uk wrote:The statement, read out by Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the Vatican's permanent observer to the UN, defended its record by claiming that "available research" showed that only 1.5%-5% of Catholic clergy were involved in child sex abuse.

Only? Ahem, 5% seems to be a real problem to me...

On another note, I agree whole-heartedly on Polanski with you, Ren. The only scandal about Polanski being arrested now is that it is by far too late. That could have happened years ago in numerous European countries.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Wilbefast wrote:Anyone in Law or Medicine is pretentious, because they're in Law or Medicine. Arts students make their own clothes.
I'm a law student and I'm not pretentious ...
Dude ... you always write in purple just to stand out :lol: ... that has to be sarcasm ...

I seriously think if anyone is pretentious in this forum ... it's you.