Toronto

Anything else
Gifted

Toronto

Post by Gifted » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Hey kids.

I was recently watching a movie that showed toronto, and I have decided I need to move there. And soon. Right now I live in the U.S., but I need to get out of here. I just need a change. A huge change. My life has gotten dull and boring, and that needs to change. I plan on paying for this with money I generate from adsense from different blogs. I hope to be making about $1500-2500 a month before I move. This way, I can move to Toronto and focus on meeting new people, and making music, without worrying about getting a job.

I just have a few questions. Does anyone here live in Canada? If so, how is it, specifically Toronto? Would it be rather easy to make new friends? How hard is it to get a visa/citizenship? Finally, has anyone here moved from U.S. to Canada?

Thanks.

Count Roland

Re: Toronto

Post by Count Roland » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:38 pm

can't say I can help you personally though my father did move there, and I have been through toronto quite a few times though that's a bit different then actually living there, of course it all depends on which part you're moving too. it seems about the same as any other place I've been too though from what I've seen of it, citizenship might be relatively hard but not too hard considering you're coming from the U.S and are rather young and I'm assuming have some slightly useful skills/ are in relatively good health. I like Canada a lot though used to spend half a year there every year it's nice there though a little bit too wet or too dry or too hot for me. again it does depend on where you are but Toronto's pretty temperately humid.

Eruditemoose

Post by Eruditemoose » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Here's a link to the government website, it should tell you what you need to know as far as immigration practices and procedures are concerned.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before.asp

While I don't too know much about Toronto, one thing I do know is it can get pretty expensive to live there so make sure you have have a solid income. Also, its a huge city so I'm sure you can find somewhere that suits you; specifically it has a very large arts and music community so it shoudn't be too hard to find new friends.

Oh, and to get you started on Canadian politics, here's our current prime minister at an art gala in Ottawa.

To be honest, I didn't think he had it in him.

Also, If you plan on moving here soon, buy some warm clothing (winter usually lasts from about November to mid April).

Hal1989

Post by Hal1989 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:58 pm

I live near Ottawa but I can't say anything about Toronto since I never got here.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 am

Thanks a ton Erudite, that website really helped. Thanks everyone else for your comments. I've chosen Toronto because it has somewhat of a Seattle vibe, and I really liked Seattle. However, there weren't really any attractive people there when I went, which was a huge let down. I hear Toronto has many good looking people, so it should be better. Haha.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 am

Hey, you're looking pale.
Wait, that's the text.

Wishing you good luck on finding that change, though!

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Drat, I completely forgot I was supposed to change my color of text. I'VE BEEN HAD!

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:12 pm

quick, edit it before more people notice!

Eagle0600
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Inner Rim, Orion Arm, Milky-Way, Universe

Post by Eagle0600 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 am

It's too late. I stole his colour.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:30 am

Damn!

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:33 am

Lolwins.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Rather then/than hastily trying to cover up my mistake, I have decided this:

I only use purple when I roleplay as renegayed_turner, who is not myself.

I use regular text when I'm talking from my own personal viewpoint.

Welp, see ya.