Where did you get your account name?

Anything else
Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun May 22, 2005 11:36 pm

Hem... Long story short, my semi-girlfriends pet name for me in fifth grade. xD We were so weird back then. I think she was "zi-zi" and my other friend was "Kadoo" Goddamn, thats odd. So long ago.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon May 23, 2005 12:15 am

Albab wrote:Hem... Long story short, my semi-girlfriends pet name for me in fifth grade.
whoa, you are a pimp.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:46 am

I love FPS games! But....but....but......BUT MARATHON SUX =). (And I'm an idiot with no sense of great games).
It's not that objects only are sprites, if thats what you think (ME LOVLOLS DOOM!). (And I'm an idiot with no sense of Awesome games).

Flickta

Post by Flickta » Mon May 23, 2005 9:12 am

Crill3 wrote:I love FPS games! But....but....but......BUT MARATHON SUX =).
It's not that objects only are sprites, if thats what you think (ME LOVLOLS DOOM!).
I think I was actually quite kind to You, Crill3. Yet, You once again cry out loud that the game I like "sux" and, what is even worse, speak of it as a one and only truth. I think this is merely your OPINION. I understand, that you are a young person. But you should try to act accordingly to rules. Simple words/abbreviations like "IMHO", "My opinion" and such, especially backed with some arguments, make it a pleasant discussion.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon May 23, 2005 9:27 am

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon May 23, 2005 10:16 am

Doom is one of the most boring games I have ever played, it's just a glorified shooting gallery.
Marathon by conrast has an interesting(if convulted) story, good gameplay, nice weapons, WELL DESIGNED mapsd, and most importantly: Atmosphere.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon May 23, 2005 10:34 am

Of course, it is my opinion...what else could it be?
But everybody has the right to think that only THEIR opinion is the right one.
Which me does :) .

And I have the right to like "glorified shooting galleries" and dislike
your Marathon "atmosphere".

Flickta

Post by Flickta » Mon May 23, 2005 10:51 am

Crill3 wrote:Of course, it is my opinion...what else could it be?
But everybody has the right to think that only THEIR opinion is the right one.
Which me does :) .

And I have the right to like "glorified shooting galleries" and dislike
your Marathon "atmosphere".
One question: When did you play Marathon for the first (and, judging by your comments, the last) time? What year?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon May 23, 2005 12:20 pm

Can't remember the first time I played it but the last time was when it became abandonware.

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Mon May 23, 2005 2:19 pm

My name came from a long time ago when I couldn't type very well and was signing up for an online game, so I chose to lokijlo, because the keys were close together, then it changed to lokijki, and sombody on the forum changed it to loki J lo (i still want them to change it back)

Avelon

The Marathon Subdiscussion

Post by Avelon » Mon May 23, 2005 8:20 pm

1.) Shouldn't this be its own thread?
2.) Everyone has a right to their own opinion; no need to get hotheaded over what someone else thinks about a game you like. Say that Final Fantasy (i.e. the first RPG [my preferred genre of game] I ever played) sucks and I'd just smile and nod. No 'imho' (in my humble opinion) required! It's not a flame, after all.
3.) There is no three.
4.) ALL first person shooters are sucky-sucky. Since thousands of people in my country (USA) alone play them, though, that can't be a widespread opinion (read: fact), so it's just a personal opinion. Therefore, there's no reason for me to add in 'in my opinion'.
5.) There is no longer any need to argue! I'm just good like that. ^_^

No offense is intended to anyone, and since most of this is directed at Flickta, forgive me if that seems offensive; it's not intended to be.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon May 23, 2005 9:37 pm

There is a difference between saying something is bad, and saying that you don't like it. It is pretty subtle but it definitely exists.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Mon May 23, 2005 11:14 pm

Seems like this got off topic,
But i got my screen name with hearing of new "razors" on TV. I put it in (i think back when i first started playing UT (the 98 version) or maybe even earlier than that) and when i used it i did really well. Never really knew why, i just did.

Most of you know the number for God; 777. Sometimes you will see me around other places with Razor777 (when razor7 is taken). So instead of 3 7s, i just used the first one. I am also Christian, which might explain it.

I also got really into Graffiti a while back. I never did tag (honest) but i would sketch it out. Razor (in my format) looks the coolest out of my "graffiti" alphabet. Add on a 7, and you're good to go!

-TC

Flickta

Re: The Marathon Subdiscussion

Post by Flickta » Tue May 24, 2005 4:40 am

Avelon wrote: No offense is intended to anyone, and since most of this is directed at Flickta, forgive me if that seems offensive; it's not intended to be.
Bastard!!! :lol:

I am sure I shouldn't argue here again, and I won't. Frankly speaking, I do not care what someone may say about, say, a computer game. It's not a crime. The thing is, I have a tough time (diploma, work etc.) and can't control my temper. Peace to everyone!

:)

Turner_the_Conquerer

Post by Turner_the_Conquerer » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:31 am

Well, if mine isn't immediatly obviously the product of an over active ego fueled by violence toward animals by animals I don't know what it means. :wink: