Where did you get your account name?

Anything else
LibrarianBrent

Post by LibrarianBrent » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:45 pm

LibrarianBrent= overpowered Space Marine caster from Warhammer 40,000 + random name that I got off some RNG. Even though I hate GW and no longer play 40K, the name stays so that people know who I am across multiple sites. :roll:

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:45 pm

Had to do a project for Spanish, and my group decided to finish it online, using AIM. I didn't have AIM, so I had to come up with some random name for my sn - I tried to do "Help" in Spanish, which is something like 'Ayudar' or such, but that was taken. Then I did it backwards, 'Aduya,' but that was taken. I got frustrated, didn't want numbers, so I added 'fournine' in a flurry to get 'Aduyafournine' which was my AIM sn for a while.
I eventually dropped "Aduya" in favor of "Fournine" as the name fit most restraints (6-15 characters) and was never taken, unlike my other online names up to that time.
I've used it for the majority of forums I'm a part of, and as my name for Neverwinter Nights and for my "fan name" for Fanime Con. Chances are, if you see a "Fournine" somewhere, it's me.
As a side note, I dropped Spanish after the first year in favor of Japanese. Only thing I remember from Spanish is "Tu es feo" as it was in the beginning of 'Men in Black'.

-Fournine

Facts about Fournine:
*'4-9' and '49' are incorrect ways to spell "Fournine"
*The 49th element in the periodic table is Indium, atomic mass of 114.8
*Fournine was almost the name of a character in "Fullmetal Alchemist" as one of the characters was known as "Yon Hachi" which is "Foureight" in Japanese.
*"Fournine" cannot be made into a custom license plate in the US
*The 49th parallel of north latitude forms part of the international boundary between Canada and the United States from Manitoba to British Columbia on the Canadian side and from Minnesota to Washington on the U.S. side. Its use as a border is a result of the Anglo-American Convention of 1818 and the Oregon Treaty of 1846.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:33 pm

Fournine wrote:Had to do a project for Spanish, and my group decided to finish it online, using AIM. I didn't have AIM, so I had to come up with some random name for my sn - I tried to do "Help" in Spanish, which is something like 'Ayudar' or such, but that was taken. Then I did it backwards, 'Aduya,' but that was taken. I got frustrated, didn't want numbers, so I added 'fournine' in a flurry to get 'Aduyafournine' which was my AIM sn for a while.
I eventually dropped "Aduya" in favor of "Fournine" as the name fit most restraints (6-15 characters) and was never taken, unlike my other online names up to that time.
I've used it for the majority of forums I'm a part of, and as my name for Neverwinter Nights and for my "fan name" for Fanime Con. Chances are, if you see a "Fournine" somewhere, it's me.
As a side note, I dropped Spanish after the first year in favor of Japanese. Only thing I remember from Spanish is "Tu es feo" as it was in the beginning of 'Men in Black'.

-Fournine

Facts about Fournine:
*'4-9' and '49' are incorrect ways to spell "Fournine"
*The 49th element in the periodic table is Indium, atomic mass of 114.8
*Fournine was almost the name of a character in "Fullmetal Alchemist" as one of the characters was known as "Yon Hachi" which is "Foureight" in Japanese.
*"Fournine" cannot be made into a custom license plate in the US
*The 49th parallel of north latitude forms part of the international boundary between Canada and the United States from Manitoba to British Columbia on the Canadian side and from Minnesota to Washington on the U.S. side. Its use as a border is a result of the Anglo-American Convention of 1818 and the Oregon Treaty of 1846.

Best one yet, I think.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 pm

Crill3 wrote:I love FPS games! But....but....but......BUT MARATHON SUX =). (And I'm an idiot with no sense of great games).
It's not that objects only are sprites, if thats what you think (ME LOVLOLS DOOM!). (And I'm an idiot with no sense of Awesome games).
A friend of mine hates Marathon because it makes him sick when we play it. But, thats probably because I tend to hold down run key, sidestep/run everywhere and I mouse-look like a paranoid badger on crack.

Anyway...

I originally used "PirateKing" as my nickname...taken from "The Pirate King" from FLCL...red robo-pirates rock. I then switched to "Grayswandir", which is a far cooler nickname and is a sword from The Chronicles of Amber. I've used this one on and off for about 3 or more years now...Although I tend to switch between "LegacyTyphoon" and "Grayswandir" depending on how bored I am. I came up with "LegacyTyphoon" by putting the first two words that popped into my head together and using them as a nickname. Hooray...
Currently, I'm using the nickname (or trying to...), "TorsoKitty". This came from a discussion about animal abuse and cat-girls...So, I came up with "TorsoKitty", the limbless, deranged cat that protects the city from Dead Fish, leader of the mob. Unfortunately, "TorsoKitty" always gets me weird comments like "poor kitty", "how cruel" and, "that's gross".

LibrarianBrent

Post by LibrarianBrent » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Marathon pwns, but I can't get any of my friends to play it anymore because I always pwn them. :P

Dual shotguns > all. :)

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:17 am

hmm... methinks nayr is not original enough...

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, welcome 0gr3 73h d437h 5h4d0w!!!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:01 pm

How'd you get a custom title?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Grayswandir wrote:How'd you get a custom title?
Beg.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:18 am

zip wrote:
Beg.
lol!

I was wondering the same thing. Makes sense now.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:44 am

So I could get something like:
KERNEL PANIC VIRUS DEATH!!!
Disturbed Fan Service.
Spongey Blood Cake.
or...
Will eat your first-born for food.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:05 pm

My first guess would be: Combine the powers of Firefox, LiveHTTPHeaders and telnet...

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:26 pm

Or you stick around long enough to earn respect, find out who the admins are, then PM them into submission - without getting banned, that is.

Congrats on your "Short end of the stick" title.

The Spoon

Post by The Spoon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:53 pm

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long long time.. My name comes from an eating utensil. I actually really hate this name, but whatever...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:17 pm

<---- :shock:
Wait, how did I get that? I didn't ask for that...
*looks again*
*shrugs*
Coooooool.....
...or something...
Hey, at least I got something right? I have no complaints...although I'd rather have:

Spongey Blood Cake.

But that's me...
*prances about showing off his title*