~Facebook~

Anything else
nutcracker

Re: ~Facebook~

Post by nutcracker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Ren, that was a low-class troll, I do not approve of that.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:18 pm

It wasn't a troll, for the second time. You're just being silly and oversensitive now. He was suggesting something as silly and outrageous as someone searching through Facebook for his page, so I was informing him that this was a truly unlikely scenario. He could've just posted his Facebook, but I guess he was feeling like a smartass, so i replied in kind. :P

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:56 pm

The reason I didn't post my Facebook should be apparent to you if you have been paying any attention whatsoever to the "Real names" thread.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Should i post my facebook here?

I haven't really checked it regularly and All i have is pictures of me that are about 2 years old where im totally smashed :?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Hahaha excellent, that's basically what mine is too. I think it's rare that someone uploads a picture of me that doesn't feature me pissed.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 pm

It's rare if someone uploads a picture of me that doesn't make me pissed. Image

Venatir

Post by Venatir » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't really like facebook. It looks too much just like another site that is for boosting your own ego, and posting weird shit that you will regret later.

Seriously. Who cares what you write on your wall?
Unwarranted self importance.

But me. I'm kind of a big deal. I have over 10k facebook friends

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 pm

It's a good way to contact people. For instance, an event for my joint 21st birthday with my friend has been created on Facebook and it's a very easy way to contact 90% of my friends about it. Its uses are plentiful.

Also, when I make a point about various musical or football-related topics, my friends who are also interested in those things comment on them and a discussion begins. Oh, kind of like, say, this forum that you're currently posting on. Saying "Seriously who cares what you write on your wall?" is like saying "Seriously who cares about what you posted on the Wolfire Forums?" :P

Anyway, there's no harm in having one. I don't see what people get so worked up about.

TheShadowInside

Post by TheShadowInside » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:59 am

hmm 90%?

about 6 or so then...

...AHHH! that means they are only taking 0.666 of your other friend with them!!

AHHH!!! thats alot of sixes!!

DEVIL FRIENDS!

*yelp*

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:24 am

The idea is that only about 10% of my friends wouldn't actually have Facebook. And they're just being difficult...or they're not arsed.

Who are you, again? :?

Vibhor

Post by Vibhor » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Ahh, facebook.
Facebook is a website which I hate with so much passion that if my hate was concentrated it could bomb the whole asia.
One would see the irony in the above sentence if he knew that I logged in the site to play games. Specifically Echo Bazaar

Venatir

Post by Venatir » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:It's a good way to contact people. For instance, an event for my joint 21st birthday with my friend has been created on Facebook and it's a very easy way to contact 90% of my friends about it. Its uses are plentiful.

Also, when I make a point about various musical or football-related topics, my friends who are also interested in those things comment on them and a discussion begins. Oh, kind of like, say, this forum that you're currently posting on. Saying "Seriously who cares what you write on your wall?" is like saying "Seriously who cares about what you posted on the Wolfire Forums?" :P

Anyway, there's no harm in having one. I don't see what people get so worked up about.
I usually just call my friends (skype or phone) or just text them, when it's my birthday to invite them to the party.

Only reason someone comment at all is "give one, receive one"

I actually do have one, but I only use it to see the links my friends are sending me.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Cool name, mister. =D
Venatir wrote:I usually just call my friends (skype or phone) or just text them, when it's my birthday to invite them to the party.
I also have a mobile telecommunications device, but texting/ringing costs money and creating an event on Facebook costs nothing. It also gets to all the people I don't have the numbers of or that don't have mobiles.

If you're going to still deny the fact that it is a useful service if you make use of its features well, I don't think I can say anything else to explain my point of view. My computer is much easier to me than a telephone. My computer allows me to contact more people in a more swift and efficient manner.

Venatir wrote:I actually do have one, but I only use it to see the links my friends are sending me.
Yeah, it's really useful for that. I've found lots of new music and so on from friends' pages, and loads of people have told me they appreciate the music I link to on my page. It's a very easy way of sharing with all your friends without sharing with any one person in particular.

Venatir

Post by Venatir » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

I though facebook was about posting shit noone cares about and boosting your own ego
also farmville