On Windows.

Anything else
Untadaike

Re: On Windows.

Post by Untadaike » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:28 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:8. Please, no Mac vs PC debates, they just make people mad and split the community.
Thank you, zoidberg rules. I was about to post that if no-one else did.
As for the debate, it's just a computer.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:45 pm

:oops:

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:04 pm

To everyone saying Windows sucks- here is your homework. Make a list of reasons that show Windows is worse than Macintosh and provide quantitative proof assuming that both the PC and the Mac have equivalent cost and are using the same generation of operating systems. If you can undeniably prove the superiority of the Macintosh over the Windows-operating Personal Computer, extend your problem to show why Windows sucks not only on a relative scale but also on an absolute scale.
Ten bucks says no one bothers.
Any posts following this assignment must contain the answers to the above problem or they will be otherwise ignored. Good day, sirs.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Starrz wrote:WELLLL, I don't wanna start anything, but you CAN right click with Macs now, and for the old ones, you could... buy a mouse?
I understand, I was quoting my first experience with macs, not the current status. Similar to how in Windows many of the problems quoted have also been removed (or can be with a few clicks).

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 am

TheBigCheese wrote:
Starrz wrote:WELLLL, I don't wanna start anything, but you CAN right click with Macs now, and for the old ones, you could... buy a mouse?
I understand, I was quoting my first experience with macs, not the current status. Similar to how in Windows many of the problems quoted have also been removed (or can be with a few clicks).
Ah. I see what you mean. Yea, I had a MacBook a couple of years ago and it couldn't right-click, so I had tosave 20$ just to buy a new mouse.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am

You know, generally you will never get an OS to run as fast on a virtual machine as an actual machine ...

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 am

I run windows 7 on bootcamp.

It's really not so bad, compared to vista that is. I like it well enough to go into it and use Steam every once in a while. Nice to have for gaming. I like how mac looks though, and that's why I use it for most of what I do.

The only thing I don't like about windows 7 is that auto-restart update thing. God damn! I hate that thing so bad! I'll be playing team fortress or something, and right at a crucial moment... RESTART.

Why me?

RobLikesBrunch

Post by RobLikesBrunch » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:48 am

Renegayed_Turner wrote:I run windows 7 on bootcamp.

It's really not so bad, compared to vista that is. I like it well enough to go into it and use Steam every once in a while. Nice to have for gaming. I like how mac looks though, and that's why I use it for most of what I do.

The only thing I don't like about windows 7 is that auto-restart update thing. God damn! I hate that thing so bad! I'll be playing team fortress or something, and right at a crucial moment... RESTART.

Why me?
In Linux you only have to restart if there is a kernel update, and you simply restart when you choose. Kernel updates are somewhat rare, and for EVERY SINGLE OTHER UPDATE a restart isn't required. Once again, Linux proves superior.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 am

Why me?
Wait, who the hell are you?

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:12 am

In an amazing find, I have discovered that Jeff of Wolfire supports the fact that PC's are cooler.
Jeff wrote:PCs are cooler
Link.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Why me?
http://4sysops.com/archives/disable-res ... c-updates/
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&o ... +restart+7