So, my girlfriend and I broke up.

Anything else
Dudeman

So, my girlfriend and I broke up.

Post by Dudeman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:55 pm

My girlfriend of a year and (almost) a half and I broke up two days ago. She had been being a bitch for the entire day, and for the last couple weeks we had been fighting. I sat her down and told her we needed to talk. I think she knew what was coming. I told her that we didn't seem to be working anymore. That we had been fighting a lot and our only escape was sex. She nodded, so I continued. I said that I thought we should break up. At this point she started crying, and I continued feeling like an asshole. After about a minute of silence she said that I should probably leave, and returned the $150 earrings/necklace I had given her for our one-year, as well as the glass rose I gave her three months in to the relationship. As I was leaving, her dad came home, and he asked why she was crying. She obliged to tell him, and he started yelling at me, "How could you dump my baby girl?! What the fuck did she do to you!?" ect. I left her house, walked back home, and played back the memory in my head a couple of times, finally going to sleep at about 5:30 in the morning. Today was going to be our one year, six month anniversary, so I decided to post here. I don't really know why I did, you guys probably don't want to hear about this.
...Anyone else been through any nasty break-ups?
Last edited by Dudeman on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Re: So, my girlfriend and I broke up.

Post by blood-shard » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Dudeman wrote: ...Anyone else been through any nasty break-ups?
Lots of times mate,im just not good around people. Touchy moments aint realy my thing, im an autistic person and i like living in my own little world leaving everybody on the other side of the wall from time to time. And those ive been with dident realy understand that... well enought about me,sorry for you loss mate :|

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm

blood-shard wrote:And those ive been with dident realy understand that...
Sorry about that man, just find the right girl, who dosen't care about that stuff.
blood-shard wrote:well enought about me,sorry for you loss mate :|
I spent most of today doing a shitload of workouts, and that helps a bit. Plus, I have a date with a cute, weird(in a good way), smart, awesome girl, who also happens to be into me, and that helps a whole hell of a lot.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Good for you mate :lol:

RobLikesBrunch

Post by RobLikesBrunch » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 am

I've never had any sort of sexual relationship because I'm a social recluse! .'/_)

HAVE TO GO TAKE THE SAT II MATH LEVEL 2 NOW, BRB.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 am

Well, that sucks. Not be rude, but why are you telling us? :?

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:08 am

Armored Wolf wrote:Well, that sucks. Not be rude, but why are you telling us? :?
because he has to let it out
It's better than keeping it in, it helps overcome the pain

btw, sry for you mate

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:43 am

I don't confide my relationship problems to people I don't know. I tell a friend.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:16 am

I'm so fuckin sorry, ren. Maybe I just wanted to tell you guys, you don't have to look at the thread if you don't want to.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am

Dudeman wrote:I'm so fuckin sorry, ren. Maybe I just wanted to tell you guys, you don't have to look at the thread if you don't want to.
That's a rather unnecessarily emotional response. I was only giving you a bit of advice. Posting messages on an internet forum to people you don't know makes no sense when you can confide in a friend.

I assume, if you were in a relationship with a girl for over a year, that you do have some actual friends and are not a social recluse?

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:13 am

i think the reason that he posted this here is because all of the people who have posted things about issues in their personal lives so far that i have seen have been supported through the entire thing by everyone else on the forums. :?

EDIT: sorry to hear about it

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I'm saying that I think that the feedback you get here does not compare to having a talk about it with someone you know.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Don't act indignant, you KNOW you're trying to be an asshole.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I don't have any experience from bad relationships, but that could have gone through much worse than it did. That was a very mature way of working through it all. Hopefully you'll get over the worst soon, time heals all etclichétera.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Endoperez wrote:I don't have any experience from bad relationships, but that could have gone through much worse than it did. That was a very mature way of working through it all. Hopefully you'll get over the worst soon, time heals all etclichétera.
Thanks.