iPad

Anything else
cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Re: iPad

Post by cachiporrin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 pm

so, isn't it basically a big Ipod touch?

TadMod

Post by TadMod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 pm

cachiporrin wrote:so, isn't it basically a big Ipod touch?
That's how it looks at the moment :?

Chadmoss

Post by Chadmoss » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 am

These are perfectly legitimate posts, and I do know quite a bit about i pad. I'll clarify this point to avoid any confusion, but despite overlooking this point the posts does apply very appropriately and accurately to numerous MacBook Pro users.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:27 am

If you're thinking of getting an iPad you might want to wait until the second generation of it. Having tried one out, it pretty much feels like a giant iPhone/iPod Touch right now. The iPad is pretty cool (I wouldn't get one, I find them to be pointless), I don't particularly like the touch keyboard, but you can use a special Bluetooth keyboard with it. As for mouse support, I didn't get a chance to see if one worked. The touch screen is responsive and overall it feels like a solid design. The battery isn't replacable unless you send it back to Apple. The Apple Store guy couldn't give me a definite answer on how long the battery would actually last before you had to replace it.

As per Apple's usual marketing plan they'll probably add new features (like a built-in camera) and additional peripheral ports (like USB). I'll have to find the link, but supposedly the iPad motherboard has USB and camera ports already there with nothing attached. Assuming this is true, if you think about it, its not a bad plan business wise.

They release the iPad and make as much money as they can from the people who got all the hype and the people who just like buying all the newest and greatest technology (word of mouth, good reviews, compatibility with older technology and MS documents helps). With the second generation they add new features and try to get people who are on the fence to buy or even get people to buy the iPad a second time.

Of course, this is all coming from someone who doesn't have a degree in business or marketing, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Really, I'm just another consumer.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:45 am

i can understand the point in getting a peripheral keyboard for it, i mean if it's keyboard is anything like the itouch, then its so crap i may as well go commit suicide right now, but what is the point in getting a peripheral mouse for a touch screen gadget?! i mean if your gonna use a mouse and keyboard for an ipad, then you may as well just go out and get yourself a computer! be it mac or pc, chances are it will be cheaper and run better!