Obligatory Name Explanation Thread

Anything else
BlackHole

Re: Obligatory Name Explanation Thread

Post by BlackHole » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm

BlackHole is my full nick... friends may call me Black. I came up with it many years ago, and I'm used to it. No need for changing ^^

- Black
Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Lotus is a sitting position, usually associated with meditation. The first discipline I learned (in a martial arts sense) was Quinchiquan, which in turn is aligned with the Wolf. In the martial arts classes I was attending, we sat in lotus for about half an hour meditating before we began training. Hence, Lotus Wolf.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:Lotus is a sitting position, usually associated with meditation. The first discipline I learned (in a martial arts sense) was Quinchiquan, which in turn is aligned with the Wolf. In the martial arts classes I was attending, we sat in lotus for about half an hour meditating before we began training. Hence, Lotus Wolf.
Wow, so it doesn't actually have anything to do with the wolves in Lugaru and/or the sitting position in Lugaru?

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Wilbefast is actually a real name :) it's not my real name though, just a nickname.

I used to go by Wilbo - as in Bilbo from the Hobbit. But most often that nickname is already taken, so I ended up swapping to something more unconventional.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Armored Wolf wrote:Wow, so it doesn't actually have anything to do with the wolves in Lugaru and/or the sitting position in Lugaru?
Well I suppose the Lugaru factors helped me get to Lotus Wolf, but it fits either way.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Grayswandir, is the name of a sword from a series of books called "The Chronicles of Amber" by Roger Zelazny. I'd normally use my newer nick, but I'm too lazy to really change it since I've used this one so long on this forum.

Aspen

Obligatory Name Explanation Thread: Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 am

Aspen wrote:My name is from one of the minor characters in the original Lugaru campaign. I was torn between whether to name myself "Fiver", "Hunter", "Hickory", or "Alan", when signing up.

Aspen is the raider who orders the death of Turner's family under orders from King Hickory. He stole Turner's armor.

In case you're wondering, Fiver is the one who takes Hickory's place after Turner dethrones him; Hunter is one of Rocky Hall's guards who goes to kill Turner after Fiver does not want to fight Turner; Hickory is the king; and Alan is one of Jack's hunters/bodyguards who patrol Jack's immediate surroundings.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:59 am

I was naming a superhero based on my brother, and called him "purple menace". My tongue liked menace and I've stuck to it since

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm

I was named after Count Roland, Charlemagne's nephew and the main character in The Story of Roland and The Song of Roland, so I just threw the Count part in front of my name as a forum nickname. There's also the fact that I was an avid Marathon player for a while, and the rampant AI in that game's name is Durandal, and as some people may know Durendal is the sword of Count Roland (and also Hector Trojan).

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:06 am

Untadaike is the name of a Japanese dragon in mythology. Legend says he lived high among the clouds and had the power to grant clarity of thought.

RobLikesBrunch

Post by RobLikesBrunch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:32 am

I don't like brunch and enjoy the use of literary devices in my username.

RobLikesBrunch

Post by RobLikesBrunch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 am

BlackHole wrote:BlackHole is my full nick... friends may call me Black. I came up with it many years ago, and I'm used to it. No need for changing ^^

- Black
Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one.
Stupid.

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:09 am

RobLikesBrunch wrote:Stupid.

Thanks.

- Black
I'm not addicted to cocaine...I just like the way it smells.

Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Post by Chalky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm

I have no idea why I decided to call myself Chalky, I needed something quick and it just sorta poped into my head.

As for my avatar, if you want to know, its Dann of Thursday from the Japanese anime Gun vs Sword, or Gun Sword, one of the greatest shows ever!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 pm

I just got KOTOR2, and was trying to think of a name. i pressed random buttons, and without looking backspaced it. luckily, my cousin was watching, and he told me that name looked cool, and told me how to spell it. if you have a qwerty keyboard, and you use both hands, you might notice adw--a are very close together and ---ug- are close together.

by the way, its pronounced uh-dwug(like drug but with a W)-uh. so its uh-dwug-a. some people say uh-dwoog-uh, and it irritates me. dont do it. ever. :evil:

my avatar is something I made in photoshop. its me getting my head cut off.