My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

kehaar wrote:Hahaha, the death of loved ones is always the best for point-making, IMO. :lol:

Ren, I bet in Real Life you are a caring, friend-making machine.

Ok, actually we even still like you here, cranky opinions and all.
Anyone can make friends, some people are just too much of a pussy to do it.
Assaultman67 wrote:It also makes me a bit hopeful for the future of humanity considering random people actually take the time to comfort a complete stranger ... one they have never met, or will ever meet ... and pulling the rug out from under people who actually take the time to help others or even make fun of those who want to express their feelings isn't very kind ...

Reality can be such a cruel place because there is seems to be that social barrier that prevents us from helping/comforting others ... tons of people walk by those that need help every day and don't try to do something ...
Are you the same kook who claimed that the internet would save humanity?

Also, where did you see me making fun of anyone? I wasn't being in any way harsh. I was voicing an opinion about a topic, people can choose to consider it or cry about it, I'm not concerned.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:... Are you the same kook who claimed that the internet would save humanity? ...
Yes, yes I am 8)

as for making fun of people ... generally that's how satire is interpreted :wink: ...

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 am

Assaultman67 wrote:generally that's how satire is interpreted :wink: ...
Sadly

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am

Piss off Ren :mrgreen: im kinda sorry for your loss though,its too bad when your family pass away... Not

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:20 am

Please people, no matter how much you guys hate ren, he still needs comforting. There's just too much hate, please endure and get on with this.
Being cruel to ren right now is just being a bigger fucktard than he ever was

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 am

Im not being mean, i just dont care. Of course its too bad for him, but its not like he's giving me a reason to care :roll: His grandaunts death means just as much to me as the animals that die everyday if not less than. Theres thousands of people in the world and theres no reason for me to care about their well being just one tiny little bit. So im asking,why should i comfort him ? A person i hardly know ? Isent that what he's been building on all the other threads like this one ? Screw him and his Grandaunt :lol: Im out of here, i just recalled that i have a million things that are 10 times more important that surfing the net looking at bullshit like this xD my "To do list" is very long. I might check in again once Overgrowth is comming out. Cya

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:09 am

Hahaha, Ren has not changed in the slightest over the last few years I have knowen him over the net, hahaha.
It dose Irritate me when people squander my pity. Next time how about I just send you flowers planted with Explosive putty for oassis? hehe Get it, Planted???
Ok, lame play on words aside...

My take on all of the points Ren is presenting is opening a conversation a topic about the centimental emotions we get from others. Well Ren... lets discuss.
Renegade_Turner wrote: I'm not going to deride any of you for offering condolences because I appreciate the sentiment, I just wish people would stop looking for empty comforts rather than looking from proper comfort from a loved one.

People need to learn how to be open without needing an internet connection between them and the people they are confessing their emotions to.
Ren, I thought you of all people would realize that all humans are cowards.
We dont tell our Loved ones things because we feel as if we are burdening them with our uselss needs and put there needs before us. Thats why we turn to the Internet, its the modern day God, an allmost physical manifestation of all human minds, why would we not find some comfort there?
Thats also why people in the past turned to religion, to a preacher we could spewl our hearts pains of guilt and our owen selfish suffering that we inflict apone ourselves!

It can be very hard to reach out to others. Some times the closer we get you them, they hurt us and we hurt them, like hedgehogs doing doggy style? Pain... its the feeling that something is not right, we will often lay in stagnation. Sweeping rubblish bags under the carpet than clean it because we let ourselves get over whelmed by the mass of filth, and our pride stops us from asking for help. obviously that was needed to be taken as a metaphore. We Fear moving forward because we are afrade of pain. We often spen a life time running from the facts that cause us more pain in the long run. Its just another way of doing that when it comes to not facing up to a person, why confes your love to some one by singing your love from the rooftops when you could stay in the game of cowering in a corner being the auquid dweeb that one tends to be? The pain of rejection? The fact that our feeling is invalidated by some ones ruthless ability to splurge our hearts open and extinguish the fire within?

Your right, people need to stop being such wimps!
Renegade_Turner wrote:There's no point in feeling sorry for yourself if you think you don't have any friends or family to confide in other than people on an internet forum. Not to say that the sentiments aren't given out of sincerity, they just fall a bit flat due to the emotional disconnection of the text.
Again, ill say we dont tell our Loved ones things because we feel as if we are burdening them with our uselss needs and put there needs before us; and sometimes what they say is useless. Some times we seek another prespective, some times a third person veiw helps us get a better understanding of our situation.

It may be ironic me asking this, but consider it a question from a part of your self asking you, why did you post this here if you knew you woul not be sustained with what you desire?

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 am

blood-shard wrote:Im not being mean, i just dont care. Of course its too bad for him, but its not like he's giving me a reason to care :roll: His grandaunts death means just as much to me as the animals that die everyday if not less than. Theres thousands of people in the world and theres no reason for me to care about their well being just one tiny little bit. So im asking,why should i comfort him ? A person i hardly know ? Isent that what he's been building on all the other threads like this one ? Screw him and his Grandaunt :lol: Im out of here, i just recalled that i have a million things that are 10 times more important that surfing the net looking at bullshit like this xD my "To do list" is very long. I might check in again once Overgrowth is comming out. Cya
No matter how much you don't know him or don't give a fuck, that's still pretty mean. Imagine if one of your family members died and then someone came up to you in your time of mourning and said "fuck you, it doesn't matter." I don't care if Ren doesn't care, you're being a douchebag.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 am

Oh god I'm a better Alpha Troll than I thought I was. lol there was no grandaunt. It shows how low people will sink to try to get back at me though. LOL those guys need to hang their heads amidst the aftermath of their embarrassing failure.

No offense to people like m3nace or Uberbeard or Sandurz etc. They were actually trying to be nice, I appreciate the sentiments. I wasn't trying to throw any condolences back in anyone's face! Just making a point I thought needed to be made.

I didn't read chainsaw man or blood-shard's long posts save for the first couple of lines, because I assumed they'd be the same lack of substance they usually exhibit. Chainsaw man seems to be bitter because no one in his family loves him. The poor guy. As for blood-shard, the less said the better.

tokage

Post by tokage » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Well, that's typically Ren, trying to make the world a better place by achieving a WTF moment.

Don't get me wrong Ren, I am actually with you on the whole topic. At least, I wouldn't turn to an internet forum in times of troubles and wouldn't advise anyone to do so.

But you are fighting wind mills here. You may be a hero, but Don Quixote also was.
The whole society is changing now a days from privacy to publicity. People are willingly and unwillingly giving up more and more control of their data by posting on social networks, being findable on Google and stricter surveillance like for example 'data retention' in the EU. I don't say, that is the same as posting your problems in a relative pseudonymous internet forum, but it is the effect of the same kind of change.
And this change is somewhat an unstoppable consequence of the internet. You can try to fight the individual effects, but most of the times you will not win.
And I think turning to strangers on the internet over emotional problems under pseudonym is not one of the worst things on the list, so I am saving my time and efforts for those.

Also, maybe you should read some more of what Chainsaw man said. Despite the horrible grammar he said some pretty relevant things. You can ignore Blood-shard, maybe we are lucky and he really will stay away until OG is released.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Im bitter because I hate trolls, thay are anoying:

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Oh god I'm a better Alpha Troll than I thought I was. lol there was no grandaunt. It shows how low people will sink to try to get back at me though. LOL those guys need to hang their heads amidst the aftermath of their embarrassing failure.

No offense to people like m3nace or Uberbeard or Sandurz etc. They were actually trying to be nice, I appreciate the sentiments. I wasn't trying to throw any condolences back in anyone's face! Just making a point I thought needed to be made.

I didn't read chainsaw man or blood-shard's long posts save for the first couple of lines, because I assumed they'd be the same lack of substance they usually exhibit. Chainsaw man seems to be bitter because no one in his family loves him. The poor guy. As for blood-shard, the less said the better.
I was suspecting something like this, that's why I didn't post any "oh im sorry" and "lol you pussy sucker" would have been just being ass.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Damn ... blood-shard seems to have an incredibly annoying combination of asshole and stupid ...

TadMod

Post by TadMod » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 pm

So, let me get this straight:

You made up some Bullshot story about your grandaunt dying, in order to prove how much you are everybody's superior?
Renegade_Turner wrote:
The point that people cannot make an escape from real life on the internet? If you think that those people are weak, or have no friends in real life, you truly are unscrupulous and heartless. Although I agree that attention whoring on the internet is a disease that must be purged, are the wolfire forums the place to do it? Save it for twitter or facebook.

I don't care if you flame me, because your motivations were obviously thoroughly misguided, and it would only further hurt your own reputation.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:11 pm