My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 am

Life is hard sometimes and I find comfort in the well wishings of my real friends on this forum. My grandaunt died this morning, could people please show me sympathy? =[

m3nace

Re: My Grandaunt Died, Please Pity Me!

Post by m3nace » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:56 am

I pity you
Sorry for your loss mate

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 am

You're opening up a huge opportunity for people to troll the alpha troll, you realise.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 am

Uberbeard wrote:You're opening up a huge opportunity for people to troll the alpha troll, you realise.
Maybe this is a trap? (still sry for you mate)

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 am

If it is a trap ... ill fall for it ... on the rare occasion that it is actually may be true, spitting in someones face for the sake of spite just isn't right in my view ...

When someone close to you dies it really sucks :| ... however I feel that mere words have never had the power to truely comfort people after the death of someone ... really the only thing that will make you feel better is proper mourning of your loss and the passage of time :cry:

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am

Assaultman67 wrote:If it is a trap ... ill fall for it ... on the rare occasion that it is actually may be true, spitting in someones face for the sake of spite just isn't right in my view ...

When someone close to you dies it really sucks :| ... however I feel that mere words have never had the power to truely comfort people after the death of someone ... really the only thing that will make you feel better is proper mourning of your loss and the passage of time :cry:
and a hug
*hugs*

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Trap or no, you have my support, Ren.
I trust you enough not to make me look more the fool than I rightfully deserve.
Keep it together.

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I pity you.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Sorry man, you can have my crazy gramma if you like.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Hmmm. What a pity, I asume your and your grandfather were close?

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 pm

It is one.
Attachments
trap.jpg
trap.jpg (23.94 KiB) Viewed 7466 times

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm

It's not so much of a trap as a satire of other people looking for sympathy from people they don't know through text. I'm not going to deride any of you for offering condolences because I appreciate the sentiment, I just wish people would stop looking for empty comforts rather than looking from proper comfort from a loved one.

People need to learn how to be open without needing an internet connection between them and the people they are confessing their emotions to.

There's no point in feeling sorry for yourself if you think you don't have any friends or family to confide in other than people on an internet forum. Not to say that the sentiments aren't given out of sincerity, they just fall a bit flat due to the emotional disconnection of the text.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Excuse me, but are you using the death of your grandaunt to make a point?

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Hahaha, the death of loved ones is always the best for point-making, IMO. :lol:

Ren, I bet in Real Life you are a caring, friend-making machine.

Ok, actually we even still like you here, cranky opinions and all.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:22 pm

kehaar wrote:Ren, I bet in Real Life you are a caring, friend-making machine...
Ditto ... except the exact opposite ...

Although i kinda disagree with you ren ... getting advice or just letting your feeling out can help someone alot, even if it's with a complete stranger ...

It also makes me a bit hopeful for the future of humanity considering random people actually take the time to comfort a complete stranger ... one they have never met, or will ever meet ... and pulling the rug out from under people who actually take the time to help others or even make fun of those who want to express their feelings isn't very kind ...

Reality can be such a cruel place because there is seems to be that social barrier that prevents us from helping/comforting others ... tons of people walk by those that need help every day and don't try to do something ...

I remember one time in high school I saw a girl crying in the hallway and there were some other girls laughing at her further down the hallway ... I knew at that moment that the right thing to do would be to sit down next to her and try to comfort her or to confront that group of girls that was laughing at her and propose the question "What the fuck is wrong with you!?!". But I did neither ... and to be honest ... it still kinda bugs me to this day that I didn't do anything about the situation ...

These "reachout" posts also seem more compariable to keeping a diary than a false source of comfort ...

Simply writing your feelings down can do wonders to getting them out of your mind, but to actually have people caringly respond and try to understand their situation probably helps people even more knowing that people, even complete strangers, DO care ...