Necromancy and Overgrowth

Anything else
Aspen

Necromancy and Overgrowth

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Necromancy
The rules on necromancy are "Please do not bump topics if you have nothing to contribute to the post." However, I have observed that if User1 resurrects an old topic to add something meaningful and/or ask a question, often will User2 ignore the question/statement in favor of bringing up the actual necromancy. Should necromancy be avoided altogether, and a new topic be started in it's place, or should I resurrect dead topics to ask/state my statement/question?

Overgrowth
If I want to post something on Overgrowth, do I post it in Randomness, Lugaru, or Wolfire? The rational answer would be to post in the Secret Preorder Forum, which I regrettably do not have any access to, so I must post it elsewhere.

Posting an Overgrowth topic under Lugaru seems a bit unnecessary, because the Lugaru forum is for Lugaru, and not Overgrowth. Randomness does not seem to be the correct forum because talking about Overgrowth is not random. This leaves the option Wolfire, but I am not entirely sure if that is the correct forum. Help me out here, I have a Overgrowth-related topic to bring to attention.

Combined Thoughts
Combining those two thoughts, there are numerous topics on "What We Need In Overgrowth/Lugaru 2". I wish to point something out which almost must be in Overgrowth, as it is missing from Lugaru and would be a vast advantage. However, I am not sure if resurrected a dead topic will be the correct course as people may just discuss the necromancy and not the actual topic. But if I create a new one, I may just be ignored in favor of redirected me to several other "Random Idea Dumping Threads". Which course of action should I take?

Overgrowth Necromancers
Please do not tell me in your replies to this that you thought this thread was about Overgrowth necromancers who would create zombies in Overgrowth. If this was about zombies in Overgrowth, I most assuredly would have named it that.

--Aspen

nutcracker

Re: Necromancy and Overgrowth

Post by nutcracker » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:43 am

Ummh, ya, I think this sould be in Wolfire department :P

Please no necromancy, maybe in a mod, but not in the main campaign

tokage

Post by tokage » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 am

Can you give some examples for the meaningful contributions that got ignored? I don't remember any that fits your descriptions. From my point of view it is not that much a problem.

With your OG idea, that is kind of a dilemma. You are right that there is no real place for that. Thing is, most of the active people have access to the SPF, so almost all discussions about OG take place there. That leads to topics about OG in other forums often getting ignored, either because there already is a thread about it in the SPF or general uninterestedness.

I would say, you should make a new thread. Especially if it is something which is only remotely related to old topics. From my feeling it should be in the Wolfire section, but only because there is no better place. If it has to do with the fighting mechanics of Lugaru, you want to improve, maybe you could also use Wilbefasts golden rules thread in the Lugaru forum, which is quite recent.

All in all, don't think so much about it. It isn't that formal around here(which seems to be part of your problem). Also, you should preorder Overgrowth, so that you can make your necromancer zombie mod.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:55 pm

I think I like Apsen. I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but he seems to be one of the good bunch. Anyway, in my opinion, if you haven't preordered OG, and can't access the preorder forum, you shouldn't post questions suggestions or requests about OG. No offence to you Aspen, but that's how I see it... But you seem ok, so if you must post your idea, do so in the wolfire section.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:I think I like Apsen. I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but he seems to be one of the good bunch. Anyway, in my opinion, if you haven't preordered OG, and can't access the preorder forum, you shouldn't post questions suggestions or requests about OG. No offence to you Aspen, but that's how I see it... But you seem ok, so if you must post your idea, do so in the wolfire section.
That is a good point, I suppose. It's not a point I like very much, but it is a good one. Therefore, I shall postpone until I have access to the SPF.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:I think I like Apsen. I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but he seems to be one of the good bunch. Anyway, in my opinion, if you haven't preordered OG, and can't access the preorder forum, you shouldn't post questions suggestions or requests about OG. No offence to you Aspen, but that's how I see it... But you seem ok, so if you must post your idea, do so in the wolfire section.
I totally disagree. If one has to pay for the right to make suggestions, then it's very easy to think that you paid so your suggestions would be listened to, that you actually had right to make requests - and that would be very, very wrong.

There's also the win/lose way to look at this. If a suggestion is good, Wolfire team benefits from it. Is a suggestion is bad or they can't/don't want to implement it, they'll ignore it. The only difference between a general forum and the SPF is the likelihood of Wolfire team commenting on their current plans, and even that is small since they're pretty open with their plans any way.

Aspen, the Wolfire section is the place where I'd expect to read your suggestions.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:20 pm

My rule is usually if a thread is more than 6 months old, most people have forgotten it anyway, so it's better just to start a new thread. Posting on a thread older than that won't get many responses mainly because users don't want to have to read through the whole thread to get an idea of what the discussion is about.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 pm

The general answer I appear to be getting is the Wolfire forum is the appropriate forum for my Overgrowth suggestions. I am aware that there are other threads similar to this, although according to Lotus Wolf, the majority of them are in the Secret Preorder Forum.

Taking this into account, I shall post my Overgrowth suggestions into the Wolfire forum, once I have them correctly written.

Does the phrase "Double puncture" sound alluring to anybody other than myself?

Flamespike
Location: Standing right behind you..... >.<[=l===> <<<thats a sword btw

Post by Flamespike » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:28 pm

It depends. If by Double Puncture you mean Two knives stabbing into your opponent. Ripping at their flesh and muscle, Gorging into their very bone.... *ahem* well anyways.... yeah, it sounds very interesting.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Flamespike wrote:It depends. If by Double Puncture you mean Two knives stabbing into your opponent. Ripping at their flesh and muscle, Gorging into their very bone.... *ahem* well anyways.... yeah, it sounds very interesting.
Not quite. Rather redundant to do it with two knives, don't you think? I was thinking more along the lines of two opponents on either side of you, both being stabbed in the throat simultaneously. Two hands, two knives, two throats, two punctures.