Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Anything else
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:14 am

So I skipped out on Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and even Bad Company. I finally broke down and bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Its quite fun and the team-based gameplay is great (although people really don't use their mics...). Anyway, anyone else have this game for Xbox 360? Trying to see if I could set up a squad with people I know for some games.

TadMod

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Post by TadMod » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:23 am

Yes, it is definitely an improvement on the original, however I think that the multiplayer community is worse than the original... I remember entire games where we ignored objectives to see who could level the most buildings in a given time-frame... ahh good times.

But still, it is a well made shooter... and, in my honest opinion, better than Modern Warfare 2 (SHOCK HORROR)

****/***** (4/5) for me

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 am

Unfortunately I only have it for the PC.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:30 am

Grayswandir wrote:So I skipped out on Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and even Bad Company. I finally broke down and bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Its quite fun and the team-based gameplay is great (although people really don't use their mics...). Anyway, anyone else have this game for Xbox 360? Trying to see if I could set up a squad with people I know for some games.
Wait until I get it. I'll have it soon. Then we can suck! Err, I mean, then we can own!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 am

Ah man, I love the little ATVs. Sure, they can only hold one other passenger, and there's no mounted guns, but they can zip around all over the place. You can also stick explosives to them and launch them un-manned into enemy bases. They're great for getting from hotspot to hotspot.

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 pm

While playing the demo, I found myself seriously hugging C4.

BEST EXPLOSIVE EVAR!
Great for runaway tanks!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:48 am

Endorgan wrote:BEST EXPLOSIVE EVAR!
Great for runaway tanks!
It is alot of fun to stack ALOT of C4 on the back of a Quad and then launch it across the map. :roll:

WolfArmored_

Post by WolfArmored_ » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:53 am

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 FOREVER!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:03 am

Modern Warfare has its merits. The single player is more emmersive (the pacing of the levels and plot was really good) and the weapon unlock system and perks are fun. The gameplay style didn't really suit me. Even in team-based gametypes something about it seemed to be more focused on the whole "one-man-army" style of combat. I really did enjoy it, but I like the team-focused gameplay of Bad Company 2 better.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Hooray statistics! Click the image for more info. You can get your own data for Windows, PS3, and 360 from the same link.
Its been a while since I've found a game that interests me this much.
Yes, double post.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Funny how I have just 1000 more in score than you, but an entire 100 more kills.
I guess you're more of an "objective" kind of person than I am. :wink:

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Freshbite wrote:Funny how I have just 1000 more in score than you, but an entire 100 more kills.
I guess you're more of an "objective" kind of person than I am. :wink:

You have also played two more hours than he has.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Yeah I know. In those two hours I'm sure he could earn a lot more than just 1000 points.
Hell, you could get like 2000-3000 on an average game, which take about 20 minutes.
I guess I have been rather unprofessional during my games. :roll:

But what I was originally aiming for was that the 100 kills that differ us apart does not add up to only 1000 points. :|
You get 50 points for each clean kill (In which you give the final hit), and a houndred kills would add up to about 5000 points.

If he's a houndred kills behind, but only lacks 1000 points, he has obviously been more of an Objective kind of person (Planting / Defusing charges, Conquering Bases) instead of going on a head-hunt. :roll:

If you somehow didn't get my first intention, I apologize.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Freshbite wrote:If he's a houndred kills behind, but only lacks 1000 points, he has obviously been more of an Objective kind of person (Planting / Defusing charges, Conquering Bases) instead of going on a head-hunt. :roll:
It also depends on the class you play as. Since I prefer Medic, I tend to go with the squad I'm assigned to rather than sneaking around solo. So I tend to get a mix of points collected by the end of the match. If I'm playing another class I still move with the squad but I find myself scouting ahead more so I end up getting more kills (and dying more) and getting different point amounts than if I was playing Medic. For example, I can get 80 points for reviving a squad member (50 if its just someone on the same team), and I can get about 100+ points if allies are using the medpacks I drop to regain health. However, I rarely get the extra headshot bonus when I get kills (the LMGs are inaccurate at longer ranges), but I get objective point bonuses for being around when they get defended or captured.

Currently the game says my "best weapon" is the M249 SAW with 40 (not total, just kills with that weapon) kills, an accuracy of 11.9% (or so), and 9000-something bullets fired. But I also tend to lay down cover fire, and shoot at enemy helicopters (I'll get the damn thing smoking, and them someone RPGs the thing before I blow it up...).

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 am

I see. Some of my friends suggested that I would start out as a magic to gain in ranks faster (which it obviously has proven to do). However, I'm more of a Recon / Engineer kind of player, placing mines and just pluck out people from a distance.

I don't think I have played the Medic class yet, at all.