Nintendo 3DS

Anything else
cameleopard42

Nintendo 3DS

Post by cameleopard42 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Yesterday, Nintendo announced their new upcoming handheld, tentatively named the 3DS, as a successor to the DS. It will offer 3D effects without the need for glasses, because the cameras track the user's eyes. Thoughts anyone?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Blorx » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm

I think it's a stupid gimmick and that anyone with a DSi currently shouldn't buy into the DSi XL or the 3DS because they'll be able to play the games anyways, despite lacking the gimmick.

Frankly, it sounds like Visual Boy 2.0 waiting to happen.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:56 am

Sounds interesting, totally new-age, and absolutely superfluous.
They're going to have to come with some damn good exclusive games should they want I ever even consider buying one.

Then again, Nintendo has such a fanbase nowadays they can make money out of anything with their name on it.

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Blorx wrote: Frankly, it sounds like Visual Boy 2.0 waiting to happen.
Twas the Virtual Boy I believe.

In any case, I just think Nintendo is trying to out-do itself.
Three different versions of the Nintendo DS in under 10 years?
A bit much.
They've really set their bar a bit high. How do you beat Super Mario Galaxy? Apparently with Super Mario Galaxy 2.
They got around to making "God" in Pokemon, how do you beat that?
With a remake of one of their older Pokemon games.
They need to start pumping out new ideas, because at this point, all of their trademark games are recreates of previous titles. You can't beat what you have made (although you can still make money out of it) so make something original. Not one of those "so innovated, you need a new damned console for it" but one of those things that the original Mario had:
Originality.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Visual Boy... :lol:

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Endorgan wrote:
Typo... :oops:
Endorgan wrote: In any case, I just think Nintendo is trying to out-do itself.
Three different versions of the Nintendo DS in under 10 years?
A bit much.
They've really set their bar a bit high. How do you beat Super Mario Galaxy? Apparently with Super Mario Galaxy 2.
They got around to making "God" in Pokemon, how do you beat that?
They need to start pumping out new ideas, because at this point, all of their trademark games are recreates of previous titles. You can't beat what you have made (although you can still make money out of it) so make something original. Not one of those "so innovated, you need a new damned console for it" but one of those things that the original Mario had:
Originality.
This is true. They need something totally new. And no, I don't mean The Other M new, I mean really new. Adding sexual themes to a previously child-friendly side-scroller series is not new.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:18 am

Blorx wrote:This is true. They need something totally new. And no, I don't mean The Other M new, I mean really new. Adding sexual themes to a previously child-friendly side-scroller series is not new.
Well, the wiimote motion control (and perhaps the Wii Fit balance board) and the DS touch-screen were really new, and Nintendo got them to work and sell. They have games with the same names and characters, but the gameplay has changed immensely.

Also, what do you mean with the sexual themes? When did I miss Nintendo abandoning their child-friendly policy?

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:27 am

i think it could be good if they pull it off well enough, if not, it'll bomb and nobody will buy it, and they will lose alot of cash

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:48 pm

zoidberg rules wrote: if not, it'll bomb and nobody will buy it, and they will lose alot of cash
I doubt it.
Glabbit wrote:Nintendo has such a fanbase nowadays they can make money out of anything with their name on it.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Endorgan wrote:They got around to making "God" in Pokemon, how do you beat that?
I am looking forward to playing HeartGold or SoulSilver. I hear they're fantastic. =D
Blorx wrote:
Endorgan wrote:
Typo... :oops:
A typo is a typographical error. I don't think the mistake in this case was inherent in the aptitude of your typing. In fact, your typing was quite flawless. Your thought processes are the ones at fault on this occasion, not your limbs.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:31 pm

:|

And here I thought some of my posts were pointless.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Endoperez wrote: Also, what do you mean with the sexual themes? When did I miss Nintendo abandoning their child-friendly policy?
When they hired Team Ninja to do Other M.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:54 am

Samus has always been Nintendo's "symbol of sexiness" when she's in the zero suit, but I can't imagine actual sexual themes in a metroid game. It wouldn't make any sense! Is she going to flirt with evil demonic monster #110 when it tries to kill her?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Armored Wolf wrote::|

Your posts are pointless. Like that one you just posted. What did it contribute? You see, this post is contributing because it's belittling you, therefore making it less likely for you to post, and as a consequence of that making everyone on the forum a lot more happy/intelligent.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Armored Wolf wrote::|

Your posts are pointless. Like that one you just posted. What did it contribute? You see, this post is contributing because it's belittling you, therefore making it less likely for you to post, and as a consequence of that making everyone on the forum a lot more happy/intelligent.
Anything I try to say to will be viewed as pointless, <-- even that was pointless.
Armored Wolf wrote:CAN'T I SAY ANYTHING WITHOUT LOSING AN ARGUMENT?
On the subject on the Nintendo 3DS, I want to know how they are going to make it look 3D without glasses. I've never seen anything like that before (besides real life).