batman

Anything else
Freshbite

Re: batman

Post by Freshbite » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 pm

TadMod wrote:Am I the only one who loved Jim Carrey as the Riddler?
You're definitely not the only one, trust me.
My first post in this thread were me just devoting my feelings for Jim as The Riddler.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:12 am

Jim Carrey was great as the Riddler, but he should NOT be in this movie. Like assaultman said, the Dark Knight's Joker was made incredibly more gritty (not really the word I wanted to use but I can't think of a better one to describe it. then the previous ones. I don't want to see the Riddler like that, I really can't see how it could work. Then again, I'm still not sure if I want another Batman film at all. The Dark Knight was perfect and I don't think the next one will live up to it. But it doesn't matter lol, they're making one anyway.
So with that being said, ummm, Harley Quinn could work but I suppose it's because shes one of the only ones that can. Harley Quinn would satisfy people wanting more of the Joker, but not really. Scarecrow will probably show up for a little bit like in Killer Croc I can't see happening, he (along with Mr.Freeze, and maybe Poison Ivy and others) are more unrealistic villains, and so far the movies have progressed logically, with drugs (Scarecrow), Serial Killing (Zsasz) and pure ol anarchy (Joker), nothing involving the weird stuff. So my hope is Hush (kicked other villains asses, he has to be tough) or Firefly (a pyro seems fitting). Every other enemy seems so out there.
Apologies if I have written any inaccuracies, I haven't read the comics that much, most of this I got out of the movies and Arkham Asylum and some Wikipedia research I just did. Kinda bored. Okay no more parentheses now!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 am

Yeah, I must agree fully with you nerodx, Quinn and Scarecrow does fit into the Dark Knight universe, but if The Riddler were to show up, he would need to be a darker, more sadistic kind of a person than in previous movies.

TadMod

Post by TadMod » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 am

The problem I see is that the joker in the dark knight universe is a mixture of the riddler and the joker from the original series'. I mean, Jack Nicolson's joker was over the top and egocentric, whilst Heath Ledgers' was completely bat-shit insane (pun intended). I always saw the riddler as the genius on the verge of madness... and it appears they mixed that character into the joker for the new series...

On a less fanboyistic note, I'd like to see a JLA crossover in the next film... but I suppose super-powers dont exist in the new universes context.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

actually, a few friends and i were talking about this with invertin, and apparently, batman does actually have one superpower...being batman

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 am

TadMod wrote:On a less fanboyistic note, I'd like to see a JLA crossover in the next film... but I suppose super-powers dont exist in the new universes context.
The Justice League?
How is that less fanboyistic? =P

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 pm

they are currently making a marvel avengers film supposedly (sorry for the derail there, just thought you guys might wanna know)

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Freshbite wrote:
TadMod wrote:On a less fanboyistic note, I'd like to see a JLA crossover in the next film... but I suppose super-powers dont exist in the new universes context.
The Justice League?
How is that less fanboyistic? =P
I assume he meant to batman ...

I think the riddler would work in the newer "dark knight" style of movies but im not sure if jim carrey could pull it of. Don't get me wrong though, it would be interesting to see jim carrey attempt such a dark role ... he can be serious at times (as TadMod said) and i think his oddness would be pretty cool to see as the riddler again, but im not sure if he would be able to pull off a darker version than the last one ...

I mean im trying to imagine Jim Carrey saying a riddle like this

Joker: "Whats the difference between a truck full of bowling balls and a truck full of dead babies?"

Batman: "lol i dunno"

Joker: "You can use a pitchfork to get the babies out"

I just don't see him doing that to be honest ...

Eruditemoose

Post by Eruditemoose » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:08 am

I don't remember the source, but I had heard that they were actually considering casting Johnny Depp as the Riddler.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 pm

oh that would be good, i cant believe i never thought of that!

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:43 pm

I think making the Riddler act too goofy would either make him too much like the Joker, or even worse, make it completely silly. If anything the Riddler should be the sort of guy who Batman never fights in person. Leaving tapes and riddles and clues, but always hiding from everyone and everything, while the Joker causes his chaos a little more directly.

...The Riddler would be more like Jigsaw than anything.

Plus, there should be moments of sympathy. Because the most interesting thing about the Riddler is that his riddles aren't just him messing with Batman, they're a genuine mental disorder, he can't stop leaving clues, even if he wanted, and he actually willingly goes to Arkham a few times (being Arkham it just makes him worse, but he gets points for effort.)

So... Harley and Joker messing with everyone's heads with chaos and madness, Riddler calmly watching from behind the scenes while making everything worse, Penguin taking advantage of the situation to get craptons of money, Scarecrow maybe trying to spread the fear toxin again, Hush trying to hunt down Bruce out of pure hatred...

Of course a lot of this stuff probably won't happen, but it's awesome to think about.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm

^ Seconded, a group-up of the most appealing villains would be truly amazing.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 am

i think so too, but i dont think they should have too many villains in one film, having too many would stop them from each getting the screen time they deserve

tokage

Post by tokage » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:00 pm

I just wanted to ask, if you are aware that you are leading a two page discussion, started by a spambot? Pretty funny (and pretty clever spambot).

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:25 pm

He added those links at Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:45 am, a day after Zoidbergs last post.
So basicly, noone ever saw those links until you brought it up, nice move. (: