God damn you, procrastination!

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: God damn you, procrastination!

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 pm

My cousin received a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering two years ago. He still has no job. At least not in that field. I'm expecting to join him in having no job in my field in about a year's time.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 pm

A bachelors doesn't get you anywhere in the engineering field ;D

Seriously, I've looked into it, it's an uber competitive field. (Yes, one that I'm interested in)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Yes, the same as every other field. I'm sure you've looked into it and know all about the practical application of college qualifications.

"A bachelors doesn't get you anywhere"...

Would you be so kind as to expose the research you've carried out to come to this conclusion?

I'm sorry, I've had to disregard all of your opinions since your use of the word "uber".

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Then you obviously don't know how competitive most engineering is.

Especially computer and mechanical engineering.

Oh yea, and the same thing could be said about your use of pompousness. Uber is a word, people generally don't give a shit about words, pompousness usually = asshole in most peoples minds.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm sorry, the fact that I'm a pompous asshole really isn't anything new, and doesn't really affect the fact that you still used the word "uber", and are therefore a loser.

You didn't come up with anything to back up your claims. You just said "you obviously don't know".

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 pm

And you point is? You obviously don't know. If you DID know, you wouldn't have implied that it's a bad field to go into, so obviously, you have no fucking idea. So YOUR opinion doesn't matter.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:55 pm

:P ooohhh snap

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:13 am

Sandurz wrote:Waitwaitwait, and hold the phone. You're in mechanical engineering? What school?
University of Nebraska ...
Renegade_Turner wrote:My cousin received a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering two years ago. He still has no job. At least not in that field. I'm expecting to join him in having no job in my field in about a year's time.
Sucks to be him ... jobs are pretty hard to get in any field it seems ...

My sister graduated in accounting with highest distinction, and a masters degree and she had problems finding a job ...

I dunno what I plan on doing after college ... but I don't really care either ... I just picked something I was interested in ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 am

Sandurz wrote:And you point is? You obviously don't know. If you DID know, you wouldn't have implied that it's a bad field to go into, so obviously, you have no fucking idea.
Hey look, the guy who you probably figured would be on your side is agreeing with me:
Assaultman67 wrote:Sucks to be him ... jobs are pretty hard to get in any field it seems ...
Don't you feel silly now, Sandurz. I implied it was a bad field to go into in the same way that I implied every other field at the moment is a bad field to go into. I guess you wouldn't know that considering you're 15 and don't know anything about the world yet.
Sandurz wrote:So YOUR opinion matters most and I worship you.
Thank you, that's very fitting.
Assaultman67 wrote:]My sister graduated in accounting with highest distinction, and a masters degree and she had problems finding a job ...

I dunno what I plan on doing after college ... but I don't really care either ... I just picked something I was interested in ...
Yeah dude that sucks about your sister. My brother is doing his Masters at the moment simply because it's a better idea to be in college rather than to be outside college. That's pretty good logic. I'm glad I'm still in college for the moment. lol. Trying to find a job for the Summer is going to be a bitch this year.

tokage

Post by tokage » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:23 am

You all will so envy me now. I recently graduated and didn't have problems to find a job as software developer at all, in retrospect. 10 applications sent and 3 offerings of which one was a bit strange, so in the end I could choose between 2 good jobs. Guess computer science is the way to go now (or was when I started studying, have to take the pork cycle into account).
I admit I have a diploma (one of the last, they recently switched to bachelor/master system), which is arguably closer to a master than a bachelor, but I guess that didn't weigh in that much.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:46 am

Orly? What year was this? Before they switched to the Bachelor/Master system? Is that new? It's been in place ever since I began college 3 years ago.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:57 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Sandurz wrote:And you point is? You obviously don't know. If you DID know, you wouldn't have implied that it's a bad field to go into, so obviously, you have no fucking idea.
Hey look, the guy who you probably figured would be on your side is agreeing with me:
Assaultman67 wrote:Sucks to be him ... jobs are pretty hard to get in any field it seems ...
Don't you feel silly now, Sandurz. I implied it was a bad field to go into in the same way that I implied every other field at the moment is a bad field to go into. I guess you wouldn't know that considering you're 15 and don't know anything about the world yet.
Sandurz wrote:So YOUR opinion matters most and I worship you.
Thank you, that's very fitting.
I think you misunderstood exactly what he was saying, yes, the world economy sucks, and it's hard to get a job anywhere, but before the "great succession" it was hard to get a job in just about any engineering field. So, if you could use simple logic, you could assume (and assume correctly) that it would be even HARDER to get a job in an engineering school, since it was already hard.

And you're using age as a cop-out now. I might not be as worldly as you, but I DO know about the "job crisis" and the "great recession" and how they will affect me. (Effect? I can never remember)

I didn't think even YOU would stoop so low...That's kind of lame. No, not kind of, that's lame.

tokage

Post by tokage » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Orly? What year was this? Before they switched to the Bachelor/Master system? Is that new? It's been in place ever since I began college 3 years ago.
2004. My year actually was the last year in which computer science students studied in the diploma system at my university. Germany always had a system, where you had only one degree called "Diplom" or "Magister"(dependent on the major) instead of a two step degree system, where you do the master after the bachelor. In an effort to standardize the systems in the EU (called Bologna process) it was reformed to have the same degree names and roughly the same structure as other bachelor/master systems in the world. I know, that France, for example, had to do similar restructuring.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Sandurz wrote:I think you misunderstood exactly what he was saying, yes, the world economy sucks, and it's hard to get a job anywhere, but before the "great succession" it was hard to get a job in just about any engineering field.
That's a rather odd thing to project onto what he said. He didn't say anything about engineering being more or less competitive. Where did you see this?

You still haven't shown me any evidence to solidify your argument. The legal profession itself is known to be very cut-throat and a lot to do with social status. Where is your evidence to suggest that engineering fields are any more competitive than medicine or law?

I'm sorry, until you start coming up with actual evidence to back up your claims, I'm going to keep treating you by your physical age. As it is, your mental age appears to be even lower than your physical age.

tokage wrote:In an effort to standardize the systems in the EU (called Bologna process) it was reformed to have the same degree names and roughly the same structure as other bachelor/master systems in the world. I know, that France, for example, had to do similar restructuring.
Ahh yes, EU y'know, everything has to be standardised or everything will fall apart. Common knowledge.