Alien Swarm

Anything else
Assaultman67

Alien Swarm

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm

So has anybody here played it yet ... its fairly fun even though it lacks missions ...

I was pissing some kid off today because I kept going off and doing my own thing rather than stick with the group ...

Altair44

Re: Alien Swarm

Post by Altair44 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:00 am

Oh yeah! I've played it. It's GREAT.

BTW It's free just so you guys know.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am

I've played. It's frustrating. Even with 3 of us, we were getting our asses kicked. I guess the medic's not a viable part of the team until level 9 when they get the medic gun, huh?

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 am

Blorx wrote:I've played. It's frustrating. Even with 3 of us, we were getting our asses kicked. I guess the medic's not a viable part of the team until level 9 when they get the medic gun, huh?
It's give and take though ... without the tech you fail, without the medic you fail ... the sarge and heavy is useful for attacking, but they never run fucking point like they're supposed to ... I'm usually running point ... as a tech (I chose tech because I seem to hack it twice as fast as other people) ... lol

When people cooperate it is extremely fun, when people don't cooperate, it sometimes sucks ...

I played a game where some guy wouldn't get in the exit area ... so we chased him around the map and shot him :lol:

(Then again I was that guy a few times ... but I can do a barrel roll.)

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am

Lol. Yeah, it's a bit of a tough spot. Especially if everyone playing is new. Everyone has to know their role. Odd that I see people compare it to L4D all the time. In L4D, you could do anything as one person. It's more like L4D meets Team Fortress (the original, not the new one, mind you), if anything.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:37 am

Assaultman67 wrote:I was pissing some kid off today because I kept going off and doing my own thing rather than stick with the group ...
I play L4D.

People like you are the bane of my existence. I hate them with a seething passion.

Hang on a sec...
Assaultman67 wrote:When people cooperate it is extremely fun, when people don't cooperate, it sometimes sucks ...
So... one minute you're saying "I was pissing off some kid by being a pain in the arse and not cooperating, aren't I awesome?" The next minute you're saying, "Gee, this game sure sucks when people don't cooperate!"

I smell just the slightest hint of inconsistency here.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 am

One of the guns you get shoots lightning.

This gun also cannot cause friendly fire damage. At all.

Automatically best game.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:53 am

Does sound like L4D. I really don't see the comparison as odd. Pretty much the same schtick, team of people trying to survive swarms of monsters, and getting to an "exit area" or "safe room".

It's weird, some of the sound effects like the gun reloading sound exactly like they've been taken from Star Wars Jedi Knight.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Zhukov wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:I was pissing some kid off today because I kept going off and doing my own thing rather than stick with the group ...
I play L4D.

People like you are the bane of my existence. I hate them with a seething passion.

Hang on a sec...
Assaultman67 wrote:When people cooperate it is extremely fun, when people don't cooperate, it sometimes sucks ...
So... one minute you're saying "I was pissing off some kid by being a pain in the arse and not cooperating, aren't I awesome?" The next minute you're saying, "Gee, this game sure sucks when people don't cooperate!"

I smell just the slightest hint of inconsistency here.
What can I say? ... sometimes I'm all serious bsns, sometimes I feel like doing 1000 consecutive barrel rolls ...

(To be honest, it depends on the attitude of the team when I join ... if there is some prepubescent kid barking orders over the mic, bitching at people ... I do whatever the hell I feel like)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Hahaha, see, pretty much everyone on the forum is a dickhead even if they pretend they're not. I just don't hide it.

PinkSpy

Post by PinkSpy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah it's nothing revolutionary but definitely great for a free game

bossmonster

Post by bossmonster » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Didn't have fun with it.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:07 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha, see, pretty much everyone on the forum is a dickhead even if they pretend they're not. I just don't hide it.
We just prefer not to be dickheads all the time :P ...
PinkSpy wrote:Yeah it's nothing revolutionary but definitely great for a free game
To be honest, its a pretty generic concept ... but cant bitch with free ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha, see, pretty much everyone on the forum is a dickhead even if they pretend they're not. I just don't hide it.
We just prefer to be cowardly because we think people will like us more if they think we're nice, even if it's just a front.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Being a "nice person" is a psychological circumstance that does indeed depend on others, such as how you were raised ...

Therefore Ren has shitty parents :P

However, being nice is not the easy way out of stuff, that makes itself abundantly clear much too often. It is neither cowardly nor brave ...

You could say that you're a coward or you're brave looking at a person who's a dick as well ...