Fallout: New Vegas

Anything else
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Count Roland wrote:if I recall correctly whenever you dad fought with you he only had like a lead pipe.
He'll go and pick up a better weapon if he can find one. I've had him disappear on me for up to 10 minutes only to reappear on a walkway above me just wailing on some poor mutant (apparently, he's like some psychotic monster and can see enemies from miles away) only to spot me, and then run off the edge of the bridge and die...and then revive a few seconds later because story related NPCs can't die. Its actually kinda funny.

On another note, New Vegas was developed by some of the people who worked on Fallout 2, so there's some references to the previous Fallout games in this one and the game is more cynical and has better humor in it. Of course, if you didn't like Fallout 3, you probably won't like Fallout: New Vegas.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:32 am

Zhukov wrote:Maybe dear old dad maxed out his sneak skill, effectively making him invisible whenever he sits down.
*Chuckles* It's even worse in games like Vampire: The Masquerade. You can literally walk within 10 feet in front of someone but if you're in sneak mode you're invisible...somehow.

Cadrega

Post by Cadrega » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 am

I'll probably get Vegas: somehow I managed to avoid almost all the bugs in Fallout 3 and all of Obsidian's games that I've played, so I'm not too worried about those.
The folks at Obsidian are great writers, and I actually liked Alpha Protocol, even though it was horribly unbalanced and the dialogue system could have been rethought.
And I actually liked Fallout 3: sure, it might not have been like 1 or 2, but I still liked what Bethesda did with it, unlike what they did with the TES series when they released Oblivion. :roll:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:45 pm

So I decided to restart and now I"m running around punching and stabbing people and watching their head's explode. Melee/Unarmed builds are fun.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Just started playing today, just finished the tutorial, I find the combat a whole new level of satisfying with iron sights and my vermin rifle.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 am

Talking bout bugs, I casually shot a villain with my 9mm pistol from close range, He suddenly flies when I shoot him, and then my dude (again casually) shoots him in vats from the air with 95% accuracy and his head explodes. It was awesome.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 am

Some bugs are brilliant.

Check this out, you'll like it:

http://techland.com/2010/10/18/the-berg ... new-vegas/

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:11 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Some bugs are brilliant.

Check this out, you'll like it:

http://techland.com/2010/10/18/the-berg ... new-vegas/
Damn, that zombie follower thing sounds awesome. Sad that I won't get to see it in the game (Which I just bought. I don't do well with pressure.)

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:45 am

I picked this game up and I'm having fun with it. Slowly working through it--

I am doing a bunch of the smaller quests and exploring locations around New Vegas now.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm

In fairness to New vegas, I haven't come across any bugs which made my gaming experience any worse? In fact, the few bugs I did come across were just silly and hilarious. None of them bothered me in the slightest, and they were quite rare.

And this is the completely unpatched version.