Post by Untadaike » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Indeed.

Then again, the other side wins.

By a long shot.

Assaultman67

Re: France on strike — 40 photos

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 pm

That's so true! Haha

Seriously though, I have days when i sit down in class and wonder why in the hell do women like guys :lol:

I know it sounds kinda gay ... but I'd definitely want to try being a girl for a day or two just so I can figure out what they're thinking :P

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:Seriously though, I have days when i sit down in class and wonder why in the hell do women like guys :lol:
It's how they are made. It's not really by choice, you know.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 am

Assaultman67 wrote: I'd definitely want to try being a girl for a day or two just so I can figure out what they're thinking :P
That... would be awesome.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 am

Girls think very similarly to guys.

The reason why most guys think girls are 'weird, crazy, (insert mildly insulting adjective here)' is because the girl doesn't react the way the guy feels she should react based on how he is treating her.

Have you guys ever texted a girl and gotten irritated by the way she seemingly blows you off, doesn't text you back, or gives you a one word response? You most likely thought to yourself 'I wish I knew what she was thinking right now.'

Now, you get a text from a girl who's into you, but you don't care for at all. You give her one word responses, don't text back, blow her off, etc. See the similarity?

I think the main difference is that girls have been socially conditioned to follow certain standards, much more so than males (mainly because males made the rules back in the days). That's where the idea of a 'slut' came into play. People label girls who do whatever they want sexually sluts, because they like to have ownership of girls, and girls who follow what they are evolutionarily programmed to do are hard to own.

Have at it, Ren.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:40 am

Untadaike, George Clooney is generally more attractive than her, gender bias aside. She is pretty decent, but I by no means see how she wins. George would get more women than she'd get men.
Renegayed_Turner wrote:Girls think very similarly to guys.

The reason why most guys think girls are 'weird, crazy, (insert mildly insulting adjective here)' is because the girl doesn't react the way the guy feels she should react based on how he is treating her.

Have you guys ever texted a girl and gotten irritated by the way she seemingly blows you off, doesn't text you back, or gives you a one word response? You most likely thought to yourself 'I wish I knew what she was thinking right now.'

Now, you get a text from a girl who's into you, but you don't care for at all. You give her one word responses, don't text back, blow her off, etc. See the similarity?

I think the main difference is that girls have been socially conditioned to follow certain standards, much more so than males (mainly because males made the rules back in the days). That's where the idea of a 'slut' came into play. People label girls who do whatever they want sexually sluts, because they like to have ownership of girls, and girls who follow what they are evolutionarily programmed to do are hard to own.

Have at it, Ren.
Have at what? I actually pretty much completely agree with you on this point. Goes back to that old urban adage: A man goes out and sleeps with ten women and he's a player, a woman goes out and sleeps with ten men and she's a slut. I'm completely against that. I'm all in favour of sexual liberation. Sex isn't indecent.

Now, people going out and flashing off their bits just strikes me as dumb. I preferred when people used to cover up a liiiittle more. C'mon, you must feel what I'm saying? Ever see a girl go out with those black tight-fitting leg-warmer things and use them as if they're actually a pair of pants when they're basically non-see-through full-length tights? Or ever see a girl go out in a dress which doesn't go down far enough to cover her ass? And I don't mean in a sexy way. I see sexy as the concealment of things which you know are there and you...what's the word...covet? Hahaha. You want to see what's underneath...but not too soon, and not too easily. If a girl's basically naked already, what's the point? There's no allure. I personally think there's not a girl in the world who can't seem sexier with what she has ON rather than what she has OFF. Ever see a girl naked for a spreadsheet and think "Meh, I've seen this kind of thing enough before..." It's usually, for me, when there's some sort of clothing on a model which makes me mind wander. Which makes me daydream, imagine, fantasise. If I see her naked in front of me, what's to fantasise about?

Also, that's a very good point about women being, deep down, the same as men. At the end of the day, everything comes down to sex, if you think about it enough...I don't mean if you think about sex enough...

You get what I mean. Every man and woman's lot in life is finding a sexual partner or partners as is usually the case to procreate with. Regardless of whether you know that's what your body is trying to do, regardless of whether or not you WANT to spawn, your body is sending you a message to have sex and to subsequently have children.

If you consider this you must realise that both women and men are both after the same thing. Society has...conditioned us to think we're different, but really we're not that different. I know plenty of girls who literally go out on a Saturday trying to meet someone and maybe more. It's more common than you'd think. We as men seem conditioned to expect women to be alien to us. Really it's the roles that have artificially developed over time. Gender roles do have something to do with instinct and our physical natures. It's not a surprise that our bodies work differently to theirs* for various reasons.

Anyway, yeah, we're on the same page for the most part. People shouldn't be looked down upon for enjoying casual sex...I still don't like people, be they either male or female, being indecent in public. Call me old-fashioned.

* Edit: I put "theres" instead of "theirs". lol schoolboy error.
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:43 am

Renegayed_Turner wrote:[Semi-Long post]
Agreed.
Renegade_Turner wrote:[Fairly long post]
... and agreed.

You two are not so different, after all.
Like brothers, separated at birth.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 am

Renegayed_Turner wrote:Girls think very similarly to guys.
except for the fact that they like guys ... that's the main thing that is so incomprehensible to me ... biologically guys know girls are attracted to guys. We look for practically the same mental traits in women as women look for in guys. Common interests, funny, nice, etc. However the differences in what physical features we're attracted to is so very different in most cases that its just hard to grasp girls being physically attracted to guys.

(no offense to gay guys out there ... I meant "guys" in general)

Also, it would be nice to know just what kind of differences in thought is changed by having a different hormonal balance.

Specifically wondering if the occasional emotional instability girls experience is more gender conditioning or hormonal based.

(lets face it guys ... were kinda conditioned to "man up" at an early age. The differences between how my parents treated us as children are tremendous. When my sister has a problem my parents usual response is to consult her. Whereas if I have a problem its more along the lines of "suck it up and deal with it".)

Also it probably wouldn't hurt your sex knowledge to know what its like to have lady parts once in your life :P
Last edited by Assaultman67 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Untadaike, George Clooney is generally more attractive than her, gender bias aside. She is pretty decent, but I by no means see how she wins. George would get more women than she'd get men.
Well, quoting yourself, you can always be less attracted to someone. Apparently we have serious differences in sexual attraction. I wasn't really talking about who would score higher in the playing field, but who could turn me on more. lol. Jorge doesn't have what it takes to turn me on. To much stubble, perhaps.

Nah, can't place it.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Well I think what we were arguing about was someone wearing a playboy shirt at a young age.

I'm completely against girls running around nude, mainly for the reasons you stated. That being said, sexual expression is still possible without the removal of clothes.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah but how much clothes constitutes the removal of clothes is another story altogether. Fine with people wanting to feel sexy, but I maintain people should keep their dignity intact. A bit of cleavage is all good, but if your tits are hanging out and your ass is in full view because of the skirt you're wearing then things are crossing the line a bit.