Miner Wars is doing something W/preorders

Anything else
SogiYa

Miner Wars is doing something W/preorders

Post by SogiYa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 am

Miner Wars (decent style 6dof gameplay, in a freespace style environment, with red faction style terrain deformation) is up on GamerGate and Impulse for $11 (~70% off the full price).

what you get for that $11 is full access the the game's Alpha through beta and when the game is released you get the full game at no extra charge. basically, this is the same thing that you guys are doing with Overgrowth, 'cept that they aren't building their own engine but they do already have their game up on two digital distribution sites ... Steam is coming too, but not until the game is more "complete" (steams mandate, not the developers)

it would be really cool to see Overgrowth's name up in lights next to all the other fancy pants games that already have a release date. you guys thought about / wanted to / knew you could slap Overgrowth up on these two distributors?

(little bit of product placement)
... but this thread is still 90% about seeing if Wolfire knew that Impulse and GamersGate are cool with selling alpha access preorders.

p.s. the game ships without copy protection DRM, but it will be a mmo (with single player options) so you do have to make an account and log in.

wiweeyum

Re: Miner Wars is doing something W/preorders

Post by wiweeyum » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:39 pm

brilliant13

Re: Miner Wars is doing something W/preorders

Post by brilliant13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 am

Miner Wars 2081, the first installation currently under development by Keen Software House, emphasizes both single-player and cooperative multiplayer, while Mine Wars MMO, to be released six months after MW 2081, will feature classical massive multiplayer. I like playing games to kill time, but I don't agree to play games all the time. So when I find the review of iOS game Mobsters & Gangstas on DotMMO, I know this is my right game because you can master the game rhythm by yourself.