Minecraft

Anything else
MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Re: Minecraft

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:43 pm

I love this game so much, I have many houses, each that I love very much.
One of them was made last october, and it's grown to be a full fledged mining facility/cozy home. It has 2 towers, one of which is part of the main house and isn't very tall, the other goes up to the hight cap and is 5X5 with a spiral staircase going the entire way up.
My other house wraps around part of a mountain, with many many mines going down to bedrock. It has an automatic cactus farm and a nice sized sugarcane farm which have supplied me with more cacti and sugarcane than I could ever use.
Another one is located 12 layers above bedrock, on the diamond layer. It has several mines that extend farther than you can see, and I'm not going to run out of diamonds anytime soon. There's also a wheat farm and a tree farm that supply me with enough wood and bread to survive easily.
I really do like minecraft.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Wow, you spend alot of time playing this don't you! :lol:

MONKEYZ RULE

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:14 pm

I started playing before there even WAS a nether.

pookaguy

Post by pookaguy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 pm

I played before INDEV. That is before infinite maps.

Tonjevic

Post by Tonjevic » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:58 am

Creative mode ("classic") is still the best mode.

MONKEYZ RULE

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 am

I remember classic, it was the reason I didn't get into minecraft earlier. I could NOT figure out was the hype was about.

Kicktar

Post by Kicktar » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:26 am

Yeah, Creative was just build stuff, no challenge what-so-ever. Once I heard about health, buttons, minecarts, etc. I jumped in.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 am

MONKEYZ RULE wrote:I love this game so much, I have many houses, each that I love very much.
One of them was made last october, and it's grown to be a full fledged mining facility/cozy home. It has 2 towers, one of which is part of the main house and isn't very tall, the other goes up to the hight cap and is 5X5 with a spiral staircase going the entire way up.
I have played minecraft too much ... because it just brings out too much OCD in me

I built a pretty fucking huge 30 by 30 pit that had 5X5 ledges that spiraled all the way to ... with mainly stone pickaxes.

Then I built 6 redstone lines that spiral down the center of the shaft and go all the way to the bedrock

Then within that spiral, I built circuitry that interprets signals on the red stone and guides my minecarts to the specific level and direction (basically i could input a number on the redstone in binary and it would guide my cart to a specified path ... 0 was bedrock, 1-4 was level 1 in four different directions, 5-8 is layer 2 in four different direction, etc.)

I designed it with levels off to the side of the pit, each 5 blocks high and i have 4 3X3 tunnels that go north south east and west, then i have even smaller tunnels that are dug into the side of the larger ones that make up concentric squares around the main shaft.

Then after I accomplished setting up a complex system that could guide my mine cart down a total of 48 different paths at different depths and directions I realized i screwed up because if i made it 33 by 33 I could have poured lava or something down the center for cool lighting.

So I deleted it without any remorse :?

That's fucking OCD >_>

MONKEYZ RULE

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:05 pm

I have OCD with my terraforming and mining.
If I find ANY small hole I'll fill them up with cobblestone/dirt depending on if I'm mining or above ground. NO SMALL DARK HOLES ON MAH MAPS MAKIN' TEH CREEPY NOISES.
I do all my mining in straight likes, 2x1 with 4 block long branches every 4 blocks with torches at the end of them. torches every 4 blocks also.
With the lighting on my house, everything has to be symmetrical, and no dark spots.
Matching torches on parallel sides of the room.
My cave mining isn't as OCD like, but I don't have dark spots. Ever.
As you may have guessed, this does get rather resource consuming, but I mine every single coal block I see. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
I mine every resource except for redstone. I'm not good enough with redstone to make anything decent.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:48 pm

i pretty much mine everything i come across ... although i dont immediately mine it as soon as i see it

Redstone takes up alot of room extremely fast ... ive got an entire large chest full of the stuff ...

Currently I'm building a huge castle and I have built the entrance gate and a fairly long bridge, but Im running out of rock pretty fast :C ...

Which is ridiculous considering the bridges and walls are completely hollow ...

Riparian

Post by Riparian » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 pm

MONKEYZ RULE wrote:I have OCD with my terraforming and mining.
If I find ANY small hole I'll fill them up with cobblestone/dirt depending on if I'm mining or above ground. NO SMALL DARK HOLES ON MAH MAPS MAKIN' TEH CREEPY NOISES.
I do all my mining in straight likes, 2x1 with 4 block long branches every 4 blocks with torches at the end of them. torches every 4 blocks also.
With the lighting on my house, everything has to be symmetrical, and no dark spots.
As you may have guessed, this does get rather resource consuming, but I mine every single coal block I see. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
I mine every resource except for redstone. I'm not good enough with redstone to make anything decent.
You might want to start a tree plantation for raw wood, then make Charcoal :-) it's what I do.

Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Post by Chalky » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm curious what you guys have to say about the Davidr64yt(X) Minecraft suggestion thing going on.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

I agree with all of David's ideas, but I am also interested to see what Notch has in store for us; he says he has a plan. I mean, I haven't gotten bored with Minecraft yet, and it's not even a finished game, so he must have some idea what he's doing; the game is totally playable. At the point where Minecraft is about to come out and it hasn't changed much from where it is now, then we can start hating on Notch. For right now though, I'm willing to trust him to take the game where he sees fit. He did get us this far.

MONKEYZ RULE

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Riparian wrote:
MONKEYZ RULE wrote:I have OCD with my terraforming and mining.
You might want to start a tree plantation for raw wood, then make Charcoal :-) it's what I do.
Actually, I'm in NO need to get any more coal, not for a looong time at least*, the texture for coal is just annoying to me so I feel as if I'm ridding impurities out of my world.
*I have 9-10 stacks of coal on my world.