The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anything else
Lord_of_Sausage

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Mon May 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Played an Assassin type of character in oblivion. I ended up installing 3 different back-stab boosting mods, since i realised that a dagger can't do much in a one on one situation - even if you start with a 50% health advantage.

Mods were like 4x more damage for you and enemies, sneak attack buffed to 12x from 6x And a more charges on melee weapons mod. Ended up removing the sneak attack one. Onehitted anything with the glass dagger replica <.<

Vibhor

Post by Vibhor » Tue May 03, 2011 4:31 am

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:Played an Assassin type of character in oblivion. I ended up installing 3 different back-stab boosting mods, since i realised that a dagger can't do much in a one on one situation - even if you start with a 50% health advantage.

Mods were like 4x more damage for you and enemies, sneak attack buffed to 12x from 6x And a more charges on melee weapons mod. Ended up removing the sneak attack one. Onehitted anything with the glass dagger replica <.<
Heh, I killed everyone in one hit sneak attack head shot from my Dark brotherhood bow.
Never needed to go melee and even when I did, I had my atronach.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 pm

As some of you may know, Skyrim was leaked to the internet a few days ago, and while Bethesda is pretty good about removing most of the Skyrim footage from youtube, other more secluded sites have a large amount of unedited content.
This is a high-quality Let's Play series, with about four and a half hours of gameplay already. Except for a few small bugs, the game looks fantastic. Even on the Xbox.

Sorry for reviving the thread, I just figured some of you might be interested.

EDIT: Sadly, the videos have been disabled until release.
Last edited by Dudeman on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Cheers, hadn't even thought of looking for a Let's Play this early. Had an awesome time just now perusing the first segment of that series. I really want to watch some more, but at the same time don't want to spoil the beginning of the game more.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:29 am

The non-premade animations look like pants.
Combat looks like it will amuse me for about five minutes, if I'm feeling charitable.

*sigh*

It's a real burden being right so often.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 am

:|

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:57 am

8)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 am

I think they look like jumpers.

I can't wait to download Skyrim. Life over.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 am

Zhukov: Away with ye, heathen wench. This just toppled BF3 as my most-wanted game. Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Dudeman

Re:

Post by Dudeman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 am

Zhukov wrote:The non-premade animations look like pants.
Combat looks like it will amuse me for about five minutes, if I'm feeling charitable.

*sigh*

It's a real burden being right so often.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Away with ye, heathen wench.
I think that pretty much says it all. Don't get in the way of my hype-beam.

Honestly, though, the combat does look much more entertaining than Oblivion. I was one of the cynics in regard to the whole "Finishing move" thing, but seeing it now, it just looks to add a bit of flavour to the ends of long fights. Which I'm fine with.
Then again, I'm planning to make a pure mage anyways.

Oh, yeah. Then there's this:

Behold the epicness of a Nordic choir.
Fun fact about the chant in that song; it rhymes in the language it's sung in, as well as in English when it's translated.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Oh damn, that is incredibly epic background music. The dual-language rhyme is really cool, too.

In related news,

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 pm

I think it will be much better on the PC, dunno why, I just, think.
Also PC has mods.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:53 pm

I have Skyrim on preorder for 360, but I doubt I'm going to immediately play it. I have way too many games on my plate right now. I will however, put that cloth map somewhere on display in my house.

Honestly, I was considering letting Skyrim pass by, I'm more of a fan of industrial style settings, which are rather rare in (western) RPGs. Sure there's Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but not much else comes to mind (of recent titles) with western RPGs with a modern-ish setting. Which is why I'm more of a fan of japanese RPGs; I get guns with my swords. But, friends of mine kept drooling over Oblivion and saying how awesome it is, so I figured I'd try the newer fancier "Oblivion" and not have to deal with the Gamebryo engine.

On another note, fuck you Bethesda for saying that you have no plans on making a complete edition of New Vegas and then annoucing an Ultimate New Vegas with all the DLC, a few months after I bought it all. Fuck you.

Also, fuck you New Vegas for once again, not loading my save files and corrupting them.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Grayswandir wrote:I have Skyrim on preorder for 360, but I doubt I'm going to immediately play it. I have way too many games on my plate right now. I will however, put that cloth map somewhere on display in my house.

Honestly, I was considering letting Skyrim pass by, I'm more of a fan of industrial style settings, which are rather rare in (western) RPGs. Sure there's Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but not much else comes to mind (of recent titles) with western RPGs with a modern-ish setting. Which is why I'm more of a fan of japanese RPGs; I get guns with my swords. But, friends of mine kept drooling over Oblivion and saying how awesome it is, so I figured I'd try the newer fancier "Oblivion" and not have to deal with the Gamebryo engine.
To each his own, I suppose. I've never really enjoyed any JRPGs, myself. But, of course, I could have been playing the bad ones. I don't have much experience with them.

I usually have only two modes of fantasy enjoyment, and I can only be in one at a time.
I'll either be really in the mood for any post-apocalyptic fiction, or loving the shit out of a specific medieval fantasy setting.
Currently, I fall into the latter mode. It's strange, because I was barely interested in Skyrim a week ago.
Oh, and the cloth map isn't actually cloth, apparently.
I know, it disappointed me too.

Ragdollmaster wrote:Oh damn, that is incredibly epic background music. The dual-language rhyme is really cool, too.
The official story at Beth HQ for the lyrics to the chant is pretty great.
Basically, Todd asked their songwriter to write a poem/song that rhymed in both English and the language it would be sung in. The guy got home, immediately heated up a shitload of mead, and stayed in a drunken stupor until the end of the weekend. Walked into work with the entire thing written up the next day.
In related news,
Youtube Link
I hadn't heard that one before. Not too into metal, but it was surprisingly well done.

Check this one out, it's great at manifesting sudden-onset nostalgia if you've played any of the other games in the series:

Last edited by Dudeman on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Dudeman wrote:To each his own, I suppose. I've never really enjoyed any JRPGs, myself. But, of course, I could have been playing the bad ones. I don't have much experience with them.
Its all about the combat systems and setting for me.
I usually have only two modes of fantasy enjoyment, and I can only be in one at a time.
I'll either be really in the mood for any post-apocalyptic fiction, or loving the shit out of a specific medieval fantasy setting.
Currently, I fall into the latter mode. It's strange, because I was barely interested in Skyrim a week ago.
Ha ha, I'm the same way.
Oh, and the cloth map isn't actually cloth, apparently.
I know, it disappointed me too.
http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/ ... -preorder/
According to Bethesda, its a "burlap-like" material for the premium map. Apparently everyone gets a paper map in the game box and if you preorder you get the extra whatever-material map. But, we'll see when I pick up the game.