Serenity

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:58 pm

I have not seen Serenity, but from what I've heard from some of my friends, they say it sucked. But then again, I'm not big into science fiction movies, although I show appreciation for any movie of good quality.

My favourite movie was Donnie Darko, because it was so unique and surreal, with great performances from the cast, especially Jake Gyllenhaal.

My second favourite would probably be The Matrix. I know you'll all think I'm just following the crowd, but I genuinely think that movie was amazingly good. I've watched it 42 times, and don't think I'm making that up. I decided to count it on a sheet of paper on my bedroom wall. If only they hadn't screwed it up by making another two. They should have quit while they were ahead, and The Matrix would live on without being remembered as the start of one of the most horribly unsatisfying trilogies ever made.

Anyone agree with either of these?

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:10 pm

Donnie Darko was pretty tired, but then I have seen a good number of Cronenburg's and David Lynch's movies (which I suspect inspired Donnie Darko), and have grown bored with pointless stories. It did capture a certain 'dream-like' feeling in the begining that was cool. I expected the end to be much more 'profound'

The Matrix was a cool action movie that was ruined by the other movies. I felt ashamed to be watching the Matrix Reloaded when I saw it opening night.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:15 pm

Fair points. I can see how someone might become slightly bemused by Donnie Darko, as the plot can seem a bit extreme, but I love certain qualities about it nonetheless.

Lisa
Ikea Superstar

Post by Lisa » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:19 pm

levbot wrote:not to sound like ap perv, but there wasn't any sex at all. not even revelaing cloting.
:shock:

What movie did you see?

Admittedly, there wasn't a LOT, but it was there.

Did anyone else see the pre-release of it? They did a TON of work on it between that and the wide release, especially on the special effects. Those scenes were MUCH more shiny by the time it finally came out.