Lugaru RP! Sign Up

Anything else
Harlequin

Lugaru RP! Sign Up

Post by Harlequin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:00 pm

This will be an RP will be very basic and text based. It will have no combat system. You may join at any time. Just supply the fallowing information:

Character Name:
Race: (must be animal)
Team: (Raiders, Rabbit kingdom, Wolf Kingdom, Wanderer)
Description:
Background:
Weapons/ equipment:

Feel free to get into duels and other fights, just don't hurt other players characters, they will post any damage that their character might take. Other then that just act in character (but post in 3rd person).
------------------------------------------
Character Name: Chaotica
Race: Rabbit
Team: Wanderer
Description: A rugged and travel worn white hair. He wears all black tattered cloths, and wields a staff with speed.
Background: Chotica was once a happy rabbit that lived in a village much like Turner's. His people deserted their village when raiders defiled the land. During their exodus, most of the village was killed due to the attacks of wolves. Alone and friendless the young rabbit roamed the countryside. While journeying he lost faith in the rabbit kingdom as it failed to protect its citizens. Nor would he ever side with raiders or the wolves for they destroyed his family. He learned martial arts in the mountains during his wanderings and is a proficient fighter, who is prepared to do what the rabbit kingdom has not the bravery to do.
Weapons/ equipment: Staff with a blade concealed inside. Trench coat (black) with many pockets full of coins, quills, food, bits of string, ect. 3-point hat (black)
Last edited by Harlequin on Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:06 am

Might want to run that through a spellchecker and edit it.

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Character: Lokijki
Race: Monkey :mrgreen:
Team: Wolf Kingdom
Description: Small, and fast.
Background: Lived in a forest that was cut down by rabbit for homes. He joined the wolfs to seek revenge on the ones who destroyed his home.
Equipment/Weapons: Daggers, throwing stars, cape (black), small bag of coins, food, hat (black)

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Lugaru RP! Sign Up

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:41 pm

Harlequin wrote:This will be an RP will be very basic and text based. It will have no combat system.
Oookay. Wtf?

Is this supposed to be PnP-like? Is there a gamemaster? How is it played?

And why should I post in 3rd person? That is a strange rule.

Have you actually ever played a Pen&Paper RPG? This will be no fun if people just do stuff without rules and without a controlling instance. I tried that and it was total anarchy. Suddenly, everyone becomes Superman and there are no real goals.

So how does it work?

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:18 pm

Its essentally multiple people working together to tell a story, but you only control your character. Heres an example of an RP in action http://s13.invisionfree.com/Demon_City/ ... getnewpost
Also, the point of an RP is not to win, as soon as thats in your head, you can have fun.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:53 pm

Thanks for answering. But I won't participate. Kult, Earthdawn, Rolemaster, Shadowrun, Vampire - one more RPG and my head will explode ;)

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:24 pm

I'll participate once I see that this is successful

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:10 pm

This sounds interesting, it would be played within this thread, right?

Anyway, I've thought of a character:

Name: Cimm
Description: A brown rabbit that enjoys wandering the lands seeking adventure and wonders
Background: He once lived in a small village, but longed to explore, at least see a little more than just the area around the village, he eventually made up his mind to wander the lands, so he sought out those who knew martial arts, and took a liking to the use of a staff and throwing knives, then he set off to wander the lands and see what he would find
Weapons/Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knife, Pants, a T-shirt, a satchel of berries and other bits of food he finds, and a purse with what little wealth he needs in it

Yes, I know he's similar to your character, Harlequin, but that just means we both like wanderers and staffs :wink:

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 pm

Well, I was planning to start a new topic if enough people join.

slicebagerooni

Post by slicebagerooni » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:56 am

Name: Loogie
Description: Light tan rabbit, just shorts, likes the desert.
Background: he's pretty good at pwning n00bs and wolves, as they ivessay in his trade. He's good with kn, and provides the sensibilities of an old rabbit despite his young age, and also provides comic relief. He is a very radical thinker, and tends to fly solo, unless he finds a "kindred spirit" which he has not yet.
Weapons/Equipment: Anything is enough for him to kill. But as a preference, he does enjoy throwing knives very much.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:13 pm

i'll post a pic of my character later today....

-------------------------------
Name: Vismund Cygnus

Race: Fox/ Lynx

Team: Rabbit kingdom

Description: comletley white, with blue accents at the tips of his ears and his tail. He wears a long, flowing robe with

Background: When his sister L'Via was killed by the Alpha Wolf in his home village, he began studying ancient combat techniqes used by rabbits hundreds of years ago. He was a bodygaurd for the corrupt king, but was banished from the palace after he broke into the royal library to recover texts on the origins of his name, because his parents never told him the meaning of his name. His

Weapons/Equipment: A small Kama(Japanese sickle) on a chain, he waes a flowing cloak with padded fabric. The name of his weapon is Eriatarka, and his cloak is called L'Viaquez.

malice minion

Post by malice minion » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:01 pm

this seems intresting. i think ill join up

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:38 pm

Sounds interesting, but can't garuntee to patricipate in it if it goes down the tube. Anyway:

Character Name: Homon Hablis
Team: Wanderer (former Raider)
Description: Brown fur (think of Jack) tattered green pants.
Background: Grew up in a poor village, turned to theivery to support himself, joined a Raider band but deserted when he saw the horror of slaughtering innocent people.
Weapons/ equipment: Bow and a quiver full of arrows.

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:03 am

Oh wow, who would have guessed that everyone would want to be a wonderer?

This world you plan to have text adventures in better consist of a lot of dark alleys (between empty houses?!) for all these mysterous figures.

Also, as there is usually a low demand for shady charectors (usually one per plot), I think you'll find yourselfes with a shady-figure-employment problem very soon. Only so many mainstream heros can die and need quick replacements.

Then again, what else is a "wanderer" than a hobo in the first place? No problem then, I guess.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Re: Lugaru RP! Sign Up

Post by Nuky » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:09 am

Character Name: Adakar (o.0)
Race: Wolf
Team: Wolf Kingdom (Cause everybody else choose Wanderer)
Description: Dark, long fur. Golden eyes. Blah blah.
Background: Unknown
Weapons/ equipment: Jaws and claws :twisted: