Project Mars

Anything else
Ralok

Project Mars

Post by Ralok » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:55 am

Hello I would like to talk to you about project mars

Project mars is going to be a game . . . simple

We need some help, its a volunteer project right now . . .

Our top priority is getting a texture artist . . . and a landscape artist to build the world

if you ahve any questions please message me.

Assaultman67

Re: Project Mars

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:20 pm

what engine are you using?

how many people are on your team?

Could you elaborate on the game more?

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:53 am

What talents do you have.

Are you a programmer.

Do you know anything about 3d modeling.

Story writing.

Game engines.

What's gonna be your role.

I need information. Because i'd really like to join in on it, but if this is another one of those projects, where the author sits on his ass and does nothing while the rest of the staff works their butts off. Then i'm not gonna help.

Enough about the complaints.

I can do a few different things.

I can compose music, model in two programs, Softimage and Blender. But nothing too extreme.

And i know some basic C++ Programming and Python scripting. But still nothing special. But i would be available to perform some of these jobs till i'm replaced.

Oh and i'm a 2D Artist. And i would be more than happy to draw some concept art.

But just to let you know, i'm not Chuck Norris when it come's to these things.
My main thing is music composing.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 am

I'm pretty much a jack of all trades ...

but normally I focus on level editing (generally I use my other skills to complement mapping 3D props, textures, small amounts of scripting)

However, I doubt anyone would offer their skills to you unless you sit down and write a very good explanation of what you are trying to do, what skills you already have, what you already have done, etc

Honestly, Leaders need to work harder than everyone else on their team and set an example for others. Lots of leaders never actually had a team to start off with, instead, they just start building the entire game themselves and post updates of what they've done.

Sometimes people will be so impressed by what is done that they want to join and they want to contribute just to bask in the leader's glory :P ...

Generally, i have found that it is the most effective way of recruiting team members ever ... people just start popping out of the woodwork once you have started creating something awesome because they want to take part.

When I was working on a mod with "Red Frog" I bet he got around 20 requests from people he didn't even know and alot of them became team members and friends that contributed stuff in some way. (We had a pretty "open source" view on what we put in the mod)
Last edited by Assaultman67 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:37 am

And that's exactly how it's supposed to be like :)

It's not the first time i've wanted to be a part of a project.

And i've finished alot of mods with people in the past. For engines like U3 and the Quake 3 engine.

I've never been on a team though for making game's, who's leader were able to complete what he started. It would last for a week or something, because people got pissed about him slacking. Just sitting back doing nothing.

It's cool to be a pencil pusher... As long as you actually push the pencil.