Unofficial Overgrowth a118, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Nagachief

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a118, weekly build

Post by Nagachief » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 pm

When I run alpha 118 it gives me this error:

The Program can't start because MSVCR80D.dll is missing from your computer.

Not sure how to fix it.

Chriss316

Post by Chriss316 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 pm

For those of you with the MSVCR80D.dll error you can get a copy of that DLL file from here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... l?msvcr80d

It might help, I use this site quite alot for repairing games and other programs for myself and friends when things go wrong.
One thing to bear in mind as this has happened to be in the past a number of times, the problem with DLL errors is that when one pops up it usually then shuts the program down and so this doesn't allow room for other errors to pop up so its easy enough to fix that one DLL problem that you see there and then but once thats fixed you can then get another error telling you that something else is missing and you fix that then another will occur and you can sometimes keep going on for a while before everything is addressed.
Hope this helps you easily enough though, I'm running overgrowth on a mac so I haven't tried this out yet to confirm if it will work or not.

Nagachief

Post by Nagachief » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Chriss316 wrote:For those of you with the MSVCR80D.dll error you can get a copy of that DLL file from here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... l?msvcr80d

It might help, I use this site quite alot for repairing games and other programs for myself and friends when things go wrong.
One thing to bear in mind as this has happened to be in the past a number of times, the problem with DLL errors is that when one pops up it usually then shuts the program down and so this doesn't allow room for other errors to pop up so its easy enough to fix that one DLL problem that you see there and then but once thats fixed you can then get another error telling you that something else is missing and you fix that then another will occur and you can sometimes keep going on for a while before everything is addressed.
Hope this helps you easily enough though, I'm running overgrowth on a mac so I haven't tried this out yet to confirm if it will work or not.
That was actually the first thing I tried, no dice. Even tried installing the VS2005...no luck. It may be a faulty manifestation file as some forums say.

UPDATE: I found an interesting fix, get someone to give you the exe for a117.

Chriss316

Post by Chriss316 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Yea if you get a copy of a117, can be found just a little bit down in the forums and then download the update files and not the compile and apply them to a117 you should have a working version of a118 as all you are doing is adding files to whats already there, your not losing anything.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

I uploaded the fixed version! Sorry for the confusion guys. If you are a Windows user, please download a118-1 in the original post.

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 pm

The update gives the same error for me, but it's fine(like the new effects very much btw) =)
Also people seem to download alpha 117, i have a not-so-speedy connection, but i'll seed the Windows build. The torrent version of alpha 117 works perfectly for me =)

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Haha, you fixed it while i was writing my message, very quick! And thanks =)

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

When Jeff say's original post does he mean where you usually download it from? :oops:

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Should be he is talking about this thread, the first post has changed a little, there you can get the update. Btw i've jut tested the file with only changes from alpha 117 and it works great, thanks again! =D

esszach

Post by esszach » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

How do I put fire in? I dont see that in the "add item" button. Also I am on mac, how do I use tools? When I try to use omni-tool and brush, it just changes the camera angle

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Press "V" to spawn a fire where the camera currently is (unless David changed it)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 am

Chriss316 wrote:Hey, I'm running it for mac, I only downloaded the update to 118 instead of the whole compiled version as its to big to download. In the mac version if your careful to copy the files across into the folders and not copy the folders themselves (as this will delete pretty much all core files, nearly a gigs worth like I accidentally done once before :/) it works perfectly fine, although I did copy the GLSL and scripts to both the DATA and Resources folders with the mac folder set up as I wasn't sure if it needed both locations but it still works without any problems

Even better for Mac users is that the auto-updater already works! - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7716

Chriss316

Post by Chriss316 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:30 am

esszach wrote:How do I put fire in? I dont see that in the "add item" button. Also I am on mac, how do I use tools? When I try to use omni-tool and brush, it just changes the camera angle
You got to double click on the object you want to use and that will highlight it's basic wireframe, then the omni-tool will work along the object without moving the camera.

Bowbox

Post by Bowbox » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:25 pm

I am having issues to! i found the latest build (a118) but whenever i download it, it seems to stop at around 200mb and just quit giving me a message saying "Installing integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at: http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error"... any help?
this is the first time downloading the game
is there an original file and all the builds just stack ontop of the original?

Shadowfury333

Post by Shadowfury333 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Jeff wrote:Press "V" to spawn a fire where the camera currently is (unless David changed it)
It is still voice clip testing for me. I upgraded from a117 using the diffs.