Unofficial Overgrowth a129, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Oscar123123123

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a129, weekly build

Post by Oscar123123123 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 am

last wrote: Oscar123123123 you may have corrupted instalation file. sometimes it happens when you download using their download links. try instead download with torrent.
Thanks, I think you are right. The torrent file I'm downloading right now is 1.23 gb while the file I had earlier was 1.19 gb.

esszach

Post by esszach » Wed May 04, 2011 9:22 am

I edited the files in overgrowth.app (i am on a mac)
and it still didnt work. I used the fixes to no success

iramiz

Post by iramiz » Wed May 04, 2011 10:03 am

Hi. Any way to make sound precache in Overgrowth? Cause it's a bit, you know, distractive, when game stuns for a second then new sound was made (like first punch or first steps in game). Not big deal though, just for info. May be this was already discussed, I really don't know
Tried this alpha. I like changes made in several last builds. So, great work WF :)

Grufil

Post by Grufil » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 am

Weapon sticking works for me. Well, trees won't let weapons to stick on them but otherwise it works. Musics I didn't get to work but they are not too important. Also I can't see that snowy map anywhere.

My wishes for next build would be some rough first weapon swings and bleeding if foe gets hit by something sharp.

Also I wanted to ask about decals for sand, snow and anything else soft surface would be nice if you walk or fall on them.

That's about my "whining"

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks for the fix, sticking works great! =D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed May 04, 2011 11:27 am

pandava wrote:Hey there... i have 1 question.
How to update Overgrowth from a128 to a 129 on mac?
do i have to replace all those (mac folder) files in Overgrowth game?
it takes a lot of time because if i replace Data folder it erase most of game...
anyway thanks for new alpha...
For those of you on a mac wanting to update easily, I highly recommend using the official updater. It has been working great for several months, and makes download time, and updating extremely simple.
Sirian wrote:how to play musics? D:
When the music didn't work for me, it turned out my config.txt file was out of date. If you locate your currently config.txt file, and delete it, then relaunch the game, it will be re-created with all the possible options available. You will need to change any settings you have changed again after doing this...
On mac it's located at ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru 2/Data/config.txt
On windows (I believe) it's at <User Data>/Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data/config.txt

FunkyDarkKnight

Post by FunkyDarkKnight » Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi, I just preordered and went here to download. Do you have to downlaod each update seperatly or does it self-update?
Ta,
FunkyDarkKnight

DoubleForte

Post by DoubleForte » Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

On Windows for now you have to download each update separately.
Luckily if you're on a mac, Jeff has created an auto-updater, you can find it here

Just download the whole package for this alpha, then when it comes time to update, you can either use that updater, or, if you're on Windows, you can just replace files. Ask around though since I'm not the greatest repository of knowledge.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Wed May 04, 2011 1:11 pm

iramiz wrote:Hi. Any way to make sound precache in Overgrowth? Cause it's a bit, you know, distractive, when game stuns for a second then new sound was made (like first punch or first steps in game). Not big deal though, just for info. May be this was already discussed, I really don't know
I'm wondering this as well. Am I just out of the loop, or is this a problem that hasn't been looked at yet?

Radman

Post by Radman » Wed May 04, 2011 2:44 pm

David wrote:It looks like something went wrong when collecting the alpha differences, here are the files that should make sticking work: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/sharpfix.zip
Strange, still doesn't seem to work for me.

captain_torche

Post by captain_torche » Wed May 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Works better with the patch, but I haven't managed to throw a blade into a tree : it always hit with the side or the handle.
Is there a better way to throw than the one I use (Jump, roll and release right mouse button) ?
If there isn't, how many tries did you do to capture the ones in the video ?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed May 04, 2011 3:55 pm

captain_torche wrote:Works better with the patch, but I haven't managed to throw a blade into a tree : it always hit with the side or the handle.
Is there a better way to throw than the one I use (Jump, roll and release right mouse button) ?
If there isn't, how many tries did you do to capture the ones in the video ?

I've found that loading in the fence piece, then making it bigger really creates an easier target to hit.

o.O

Post by o.O » Wed May 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Lorelicious wrote:Are you running Overgrowth on a Windows machine or Mac?

For Windows, those files go in the top Overgrowth folder. When it asks, overwrite the originals.

If you are running a Mac, you won't use those.
Thx all fixed

henrylee54

Post by henrylee54 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Its really nice, but even after i change config.txt and default.txt it STILL isnt in fullscreen and doesnt use the settings I put on.

captain_torche

Post by captain_torche » Wed May 04, 2011 6:36 pm

ariehl wrote:I've found that loading in the fence piece, then making it bigger really creates an easier target to hit.
Works perfectly, thanks !
I also found that jumping and releasing the right mouse button (without rolling) functions better with the bastard sword (The cat rapier keeps spinning, maybe its handle is heavier than the blade ?).

Edit : according to the sound effects, it seems (Even with the patch) that the trees on Patchy Higlands are still considered as stone.