The Upcoming Arena - Art Assets

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Deaths Call 97

The Upcoming Arena - Art Assets

Post by Deaths Call 97 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 pm

After watching the recent Art Asset video, I noticed a couple of the ideas that were given. However, the one thing that stood out to me more than anything else was the initial idea for the color-over that he had drawn up.

The gray that he used, in my opinion, was far too bland, even for a desert area. So, to give my little touch of help as a pre-orderer, I thought that I would give my own idea out to the public and see how many people would like to throw their ideas into the arena.

The main color of the arena should be a decent shade of brown/tan that blends in with the desert. The overhangings should be a soft shade of green, either a type of olive coloring or a foresty green. I'm unsure of the complete idea on the arena, but this is how I would see it myself. The cloth umbrellas should be a royal blue, or a more faded, darker shade of blue (these two colors are what I agree on with the initial idea). As for the arena itself, you would first assume that it's a place that many people visit, so you would also see stalls scattered around the outside of the walls.

Now, this one might be just me, but, I think that there should be a staircase for people to run up that leads to the stands, and where they can jump down into the arena. This might break the game itself, but if it was ever a free roam map, it would work out as a neat feature.

That's it for now. I might throw in a couple coloring schemes myself to give new ideas to the team. Keep it up guys, glad to see ya workin'!

Rovert

Re: The Upcoming Arena - Art Assets

Post by Rovert » Sat May 07, 2011 7:34 pm

I like the picture you're painting. I agree that tan or light brown walls would look nice, and the olive/forest green would compliment it. Actually, it would give the desert it's set in a sort of beacon of life. Though the stairs would have to be put somewhere outside the arena and not in the center, unless that's what you were trying to say to begin with. If stairs were placed in the middle, then cowardly combatants could just rush up into the stands :v