Unofficial Overgrowth a176, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
iRook

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a176, weekly build

Post by iRook » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Anton wrote:
iRook wrote:Huh, spawned a guard in red shards and he runs from me into walls. Just up and runs away, into a wall. He scared.
2 things to check (if you want to fix it):
1st, he is probably trying to get to a weapon, you can double check that there are no weapons too close to him, and that they are within a climbable range.
2nd, make sure you update the nav mesh while editing levels, if you want the npcs to know where they can go. In the editor mode, click on pathfinding, then create navmesh (this will take a while), then click save navmesh.
That's interesting. I had a sword, and he killed me. It disappeared when I hit X, maybe it flew out of my dead body rising and across the map.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 pm

iRook wrote:
Anton wrote:
iRook wrote:Huh, spawned a guard in red shards and he runs from me into walls. Just up and runs away, into a wall. He scared.
2 things to check (if you want to fix it):
1st, he is probably trying to get to a weapon, you can double check that there are no weapons too close to him, and that they are within a climbable range.
2nd, make sure you update the nav mesh while editing levels, if you want the npcs to know where they can go. In the editor mode, click on pathfinding, then create navmesh (this will take a while), then click save navmesh.
That's interesting. I had a sword, and he killed me. It disappeared when I hit X, maybe it flew out of my dead body rising and across the map.
It's possible that the sword fell to a location that he couldn't get to, but he was definitely chasing after it...

iRook

Post by iRook » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Probably fell below me now that I think about it, and the quickest way was to run off the map or something.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:16 pm

yeah sometimes weapons go through the map but the A.I still tries to get it.

taurus296

Post by taurus296 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

The new build is awesome :D. I dunno if it is just me, but I can't seem to be able to throw weapons at an enemy since this update. Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated : )

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 pm

taurus296 wrote:The new build is awesome :D. I dunno if it is just me, but I can't seem to be able to throw weapons at an enemy since this update. Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated : )
it's not just you... dual wielding broke throwing... (You can still throw by rolling though... kinda...)

Rotti

Post by Rotti » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am

Cant wait! My first try. This game looks so awesome and promising. So innovative. The physics and the combat oh <3

I love you, developers <3

last

Post by last » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Anton wrote:
taurus296 wrote:The new build is awesome :D. I dunno if it is just me, but I can't seem to be able to throw weapons at an enemy since this update. Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated : )
it's not just you... dual wielding broke throwing... (You can still throw by rolling though... kinda...)
Actually you can throw 1 of the weapons/gear when you have something in your both hands.
But again there is a bug with dual wielding some objects/weapon combos, like 2 dogtoolhammers.
don't mind the shadows or the weird (sky) textures which you can't see
don't mind the shadows or the weird (sky) textures which you can't see
As you can see on that screenshot 1 of the hammer is backwards in he's hand. Oh and now it get's interesting. When i hold a hammer in my left hand and a sword in my right the hammer is still backwards but when i hold sword in my left hand and hammer in right then they both are held right

SylverByrd

Post by SylverByrd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 pm

I live in Virginia. I'm not sure if it is a normal wait time but I am using Google Chrome and it says that there are two hours left. I am okay with it but if it is not a normal wait time I would like to know what I can do to make it better.

SylverByrd

Post by SylverByrd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:29 pm

last wrote:
Anton wrote:
Actually you can throw 1 of the weapons/gear when you have something in your both hands.
But again there is a bug with dual wielding some objects/weapon combos, like 2 dogtoolhammers.
OvergrowthScreenshot00095.jpg
As you can see on that screenshot 1 of the hammer is backwards in he's hand. Oh and now it get's interesting. When i hold a hammer in my left hand and a sword in my right the hammer is still backwards but when i hold sword in my left hand and hammer in right then they both are held right
I think holding the hammer backwards is supposed to be like that so you swing like a hook punch.

Noblaum

Post by Noblaum » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 am

Dibbz wrote:Pretty neat.
He said about the scabbard being used to "teach someone a lesson without hurting them too much", though currently in the game all attacks are lethal.
I'd like to see this on some sort of training server when they finally get online multiplayer.

tonicer

Post by tonicer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:54 pm

omg that "active ragdoll block" is EPIC! :mrgreen: :D

it's just a little annoying that i have to edit the aschar.as after every update because for some reason the slowmotioneffect after blocks and dodge's is gone for me since a couple of updates which makes combat a lot more epic.

if you have this bug/feature too and you don't like it just do this:
remove the "//" infront of all "timedslowmotion" in your aschar.as (use the search function in notepad++ for example to find all entries)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 pm

tonicer wrote:omg that "active ragdoll block" is EPIC! :mrgreen: :D

it's just a little annoying that i have to edit the aschar.as after every update because for some reason the slowmotioneffect after blocks and dodge's is gone for me since a couple of updates which makes combat a lot more epic.

if you have this bug/feature too and you don't like it just do this:
remove the "//" infront of all "timedslowmotion" in your aschar.as (use the search function in notepad++ for example to find all entries)
Yeah, the slow-motion stuff has been removed for a while. Last actually makes a great mod that he updates weekly, that also includes the slow-motion option. It can be fun for sure!