Unofficial Overgrowth a182, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial Overgrowth a182, weekly build

Post by Jeff » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:20 am

The unofficial, Overgrowth a182 leaked build is here!

Changelog:
- Fixed Windows bug with paths that contain spaces
- Updated SIGAR for better hardware report stability and accuracy
- Fixed some object xml case sensitivity issues
- Removed case error messages if string length is different
- Reports case errors for texture files
- Texture process pool waits for tasks before quitting
- Changed 'lugaru 2' to 'Overgrowth' in Mac menu bar
- Closing console window uses SIGTERM instead of SIGINT for better cleanup
- More progress on unicode paths, warning if unicode username detected
- Some Linux installer improvements

A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly!

If you find any bugs, please email a full description along with your system specs to [email protected].

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps.

To download the alpha, use one of these links:

Win: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 96bfefee04a2ca06739200957876d0f2

Mac: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 151bb10fbd8464abbab4032e19cad25f

Linux: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 245726ed8e2fee22a60e40c133afcd13

Just want the changes from the last alpha to a182? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/a182.zip

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Aaron

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a182, weekly build

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:20 am

For new users
  • If you have not installed Overgrowth yet you can use the SUMLauncher to do so!
  • If you already have Overgrowth installed you can use the SUMLauncher to update it to the latest alpha.
  • The SUMLauncher also allows you to install the Menu Mod which gives you another 105+ maps to try.
For Existing SUMLauncher users
  • If the menu files were changed in this alpha, the menu mod will no longer work. Updating the Menu Mod (to re-enable custom maps) might take us a little while. Once we have uploaded a new version you can use the menu mod installer to update it. (And don't worry, it won't break anything if you try running the installer before we upload the new files.)
  • It may also take us a bit to update the Menu Mod to include any new maps that this alpha may have added.
For future updates keep an eye on our twitter @SUMOGUtilities!

deyur

Post by deyur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:46 am

Awesome! Fixes all of the issues I was having last week (creating OS process, loading assets). Thanks!

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:56 am

Sweet, thanks for all of the bug fixes and now I can load the arena again. :mrgreen:

ScopeTCR

Post by ScopeTCR » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:57 am

Awesome as always!

Dethklok

Post by Dethklok » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am

im having these weird body shadow glitches, the characters and object just have this really weird shadow thats really annoying, anyone else having this problem?

DrHot

Post by DrHot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 am

I'm still having the "Could not open process: OvergrowthWorker.exe". It's weird though because I recently bought an SSD hard disc on which I installed windows 7 32-bit. On my old HDD on the exact same system I have Windows 7 64-bit installed and I'm not having that error there. I don't know if the error has something to do with 32/64-bit systems or if it's because of a recently installed system but I thought it might help the investigation anyway :-)
Attachments
error.PNG

Titinux

Post by Titinux » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi,

I've tried to use linux installer on my Gentoo 64bits but it fails with this error message.

"Error: Lua error detected: deps.lua:528: attempt to compare string with nil"

Tell me if you want more informations or me to do tests.

It may be simpler, faster and more reliable to provide a tar.(bz2|lzma) archive.

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 pm

DrHot wrote:I'm still having the "Could not open process: OvergrowthWorker.exe". It's weird though because I recently bought an SSD hard disc on which I installed windows 7 32-bit. On my old HDD on the exact same system I have Windows 7 64-bit installed and I'm not having that error there. I don't know if the error has something to do with 32/64-bit systems or if it's because of a recently installed system but I thought it might help the investigation anyway :-)
same error here im afraid. I guess i cant play overgrowth for yet another week :OOO

SafariSam

Post by SafariSam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm getting a bunch of loading errors. When I tried to add the Dog Glaive to a level, I was told that it had the wrong name or something. The same thing happened with some objects and a soundgroup while loading Desert Outpost, and then Overgrowth crashed. This is the first alpha I've gotten to play, so I'm not sure if these are known errors or not.

Sigma19

Post by Sigma19 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 pm

SafariSam wrote:I'm getting a bunch of loading errors. When I tried to add the Dog Glaive to a level, I was told that it had the wrong name or something. The same thing happened with some objects and a soundgroup while loading Desert Outpost, and then Overgrowth crashed. This is the first alpha I've gotten to play, so I'm not sure if these are known errors or not.

I get those too since I first downloaded the game, I am playing since Alpha 180. I can't the majority of the levels.

IAmTheCandyman

Post by IAmTheCandyman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Yea, i got the same problem as DrHot. Hope the next alpha has it fixed :)

mrthehitsman

Post by mrthehitsman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I was just wondering if the wolves are supposed to be twice the size of every other character?

DARKATTACKUS

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a182 doesn't start

Post by DARKATTACKUS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:02 pm

I have tried the 4 past alphas and nothings has changed. Whenever I try to start up the game, it starts
loading up, and then stops working. It has gotten to various points in the loading process but the main one is "hardware threads 4". I'm not sure if this is something with my computer or the game. Please consider this, I can't even start up the game.
I have a Vista 64 Bit
Attachments
This happens
This happens
Last edited by DARKATTACKUS on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Mine looks like this. Hardware threads: 8

it only started doing that after the swap to the worker pool and now when i revert to a180 it still doesnt work. what happened?

Edit: i got it fixed. to person above, if you use sum delete the overgrowth config. stuff like anti-aliasing seems to be breaking it.