BVH Animation

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
syamada37

BVH Animation

Post by syamada37 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:32 pm

I noticed that when i try to animate a character object in Overgrowth, it doesn't work, please help!!!
I also noticed that you can drag and pick up any character object once they have a skeleton built on them. Is this only possible for the older alphas, or does this work on the latest alpha?

syamada37

Animation is disabled

Post by syamada37 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:40 pm

I now see that animation is disabled until further noticed, thx. :D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Animation is disabled

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

syamada37 wrote:I now see that animation is disabled until further noticed, thx. :D
I merged your two topics, which is a better way to let people realize you found your solution, as opposed to two random threads.

Glad you found out about the animation system, it has disabled for over a year, and probably won't make a come back...

syamada37

Re: BVH Animation

Post by syamada37 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Thx Anton, can't wait to see the next episode! :D

Aleph

Post by Aleph » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I was going to ask the same question... why was it disabled? I joined the alpha one month ago so I never got to try it.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Aleph wrote:I was going to ask the same question... why was it disabled? I joined the alpha one month ago so I never got to try it.
It never worked as well as they wanted, and they realized to make it work how it should would take a lot of extraneous time. At that point an update to Blender really made everything they wanted possible in a cross platform, free application. They figured it was better to use that instead. After a couple weeks, some other tech broke the animation system altogether, and they have no specific plans to re-implement it.

(There may be better thoughts from people on this topic, in particular Endoperez has put it very well, and in about 10 different threads if you search the SPF...)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am

I usually just link to the blog post where they first mention that they're moving to Blender, and tell pretty much the same things you just said.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/07/Blender ... ion-editor