[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.2

Post by Anton » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:13 am

Johannes wrote:
stealthrebbel wrote:I downloaded the new alpha and it deleted my menu mod pack???
If you used the updater chances are that the new update changed something in the main menu. That means our edited menu file was replaced, so it looks like the stuff is gone. Don't worry though, the files are all still there, and if you just run the menu mod installer again it should update the main menu file with our edited version again.
I updated our twitter feed with this in SUMLauncher, which you can see in the News section of the program. Be sure to follow us there WHEN this kind of menu change happens. As the game is updated, we will work our best to get the content out to you again, but it can take a little while sometimes.

In this case, you simply need to update the menu mod again, and you'll be set.

floogin

Post by floogin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I open up overgrowth and Most of the mods from the menu mod doesn't work(quiting without anything popping up as well as quiting with a missing file) I have the mac build of the mod

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 am

floogin wrote:I open up overgrowth and Most of the mods from the menu mod doesn't work(quiting without anything popping up as well as quiting with a missing file) I have the mac build of the mod
What version of mac OS are you using? What Mac model? Does the game run normally when you try to run a regular, non-modded level?

Does the Mac console have any output when this happens?
(Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 am

The config menu no longer works and repeats itself twice. This happened after I un-installed a completely recked version of Overgrowth and downloaded a new one through SUM.

Also now I`m getting errors again like before they were fixed making me crash.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 am

Deadlyfluffball wrote:The config menu no longer works and repeats itself twice. This happened after I un-installed a completely recked version of Overgrowth and downloaded a new one through SUM.

This is a strange issue I've seen before - go ahead and delete your config file (in the SUMLauncher, go to File --> Delete Local FIles... --> select "Overgrowth Config File", and hit Delete). Launch Overgrowth, quit, and re-open the SUMLauncher.

An update should be out pretty soon, try updating when it is available and see if it fixes your issues.

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 am

Aaron wrote:
Deadlyfluffball wrote:The config menu no longer works and repeats itself twice. This happened after I un-installed a completely recked version of Overgrowth and downloaded a new one through SUM.

This is a strange issue I've seen before - go ahead and delete your config file (in the SUMLauncher, go to File --> Delete Local FIles... --> select "Overgrowth Config File", and hit Delete. Launch Overgrowth, quit, and re-open the SUMLauncher.

An update should be out pretty soon, try updating when it is available and see if it fixes your issues.

Thank you, I was expecting having to wait until morning.

[EDIT] It still shows the errors and closes on me....

Sreiner

Post by Sreiner » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 am

I have been trying to run SUMLauncher.exe but nothing happens so I downloaded the linux file which is a .jar but when I run the update after a pack is downloaded I get the error: "Error extracting zip (Access is denied)". Any way this can be fixxed?

hundemund

Post by hundemund » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:46 am

Im trying to download the "menu mod" but it says "connection lost". Now if im pressing "yes" to resume download it loads a few seconds but loses connection again.
Any Ideas?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am

hundemund wrote:Im trying to download the "menu mod" but it says "connection lost". Now if im pressing "yes" to resume download it loads a few seconds but loses connection again.
Any Ideas?
Please check the 'troubleshooting' section of the opening post. Chances are that your antivirus software is blocking SUMLauncher's connection.

Sreiner

Post by Sreiner » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Johannes wrote:
hundemund wrote:Im trying to download the "menu mod" but it says "connection lost". Now if im pressing "yes" to resume download it loads a few seconds but loses connection again.
Any Ideas?
Please check the 'troubleshooting' section of the opening post. Chances are that your antivirus software is blocking SUMLauncher's connection.
My Anti-virus is not the problem neither my firewall because I have tryed with closed both to use the launcher

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Sreiner wrote:
Johannes wrote:
Any Ideas?
My Anti-virus is not the problem neither my firewall because I have tryed with closed both to use the launcher
Hm, well it seems as though something is actively preventing the SUMLauncher from keeping a stable connection to the download server - what antivirus do you use?

hundemund

Post by hundemund » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:54 pm

turning avg off worked for me. thanks!

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Sreiner wrote:
Johannes wrote:
Any Ideas?
Yeah, I was replying to hundemund.

Aaron, here is his original post:
Sreiner wrote:I have been trying to run SUMLauncher.exe but nothing happens so I downloaded the linux file which is a .jar but when I run the update after a pack is downloaded I get the error: "Error extracting zip (Access is denied)". Any way this can be fixxed?
Your issue is different - possibly related to java. What version of java are you using?
What Operating system are you using?

Javafant

Post by Javafant » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 am

I noticed that SUMLauncher doesn't work properly on my archlinux pc using java7. The drop-down-menus close immediatly after I release my mouse button and I can't click any item in the menus. However with java6 everything works fine. It would be great if you could fix this because especially on linux many people are using java7. Also I noticed that I have to resize the window one time at the beginning after sumlauncher has loaded to see anything. So I guess the drawing event is not called at the beginning?
Edit:
I guess it's related to awesome wm which had some problems in the past with java applications. However all other java applications are working just fine. Are you using awt or swing for the gui?

bennyp

Post by bennyp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:03 am

Hey Anton, I've got flaky connection syndrome, check out this excerpt from my download log:

Code: Select all

Checking Directory: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/directory.txt...Done!
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/AltoStratus1.tga
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/AltoStratus1.tga
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/AltoStratus1.tga...Done!
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/Blue2.tga
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/Blue2.tga...Done!
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/Cirrus1.tga
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/Cirrus1.tga...Done!
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/CloudySunset.tga
Updating: MacOS/Data/Textures/skies/CloudySunset.tga...Done!
YUCK! each one of those lines means I had to click on the "yes" button when asked to retry the connection. Could you add an option to automatically retry when downloading updates? (This should only apply to menu mod and alpha updates, since if you applied this to the SUMLauncher update checker, the app would never start, it would get stuck in a loop trying to download sumlauncher updates)

Cheers