[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
amuddypizza

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.3

Post by amuddypizza » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:40 am

I love this thing... It's so awesome! But since the update I ran the launcher once, and it worked fine, but after that when I try to open it, it starts to boot up, but fails to open a window, then quits, after about five seconds... Ive tried reinstalling. Same issue persists. Please, does anyone have a fix for this? I'm running on a 2010 macbook pro laptop... Thanks!

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:28 am

amuddypizza wrote:I love this thing... It's so awesome! But since the update I ran the launcher once, and it worked fine, but after that when I try to open it, it starts to boot up, but fails to open a window, then quits, after about five seconds... Ive tried reinstalling. Same issue persists. Please, does anyone have a fix for this? I'm running on a 2010 macbook pro laptop... Thanks!
Check your Console (run Console.app in Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities ) and see if anything shows up from Overgrowth. Also, what version of osx are you running?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:00 am

SUMLauncher 2.1.4 Alpha is now available:

Code: Select all

• Moved 'Launch Overgrowth' button to appear on every tab.
• Renamed wordy preferences.
• Fixed bug where config file contents could be doubled.
• Revised downloader UI updates.
• Fixed bug where Preferences menu was available during menu mod installation on Mac.

Guano176

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.4

Post by Guano176 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:38 am

Hi, I've just preordered OG and wanted of course to use this awesome launcher. I'm new to the alpha but can't wait to be a part of it.

But when I click the link, Windows gives me a message in the bottom where the file is shown ( I use Chrome), saying that it is a "dangerous" file

Obviously I don't this application was born out of evil, but if someone could explain to me why this happens, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 am

Guano176 wrote:Hi, I've just preordered OG and wanted of course to use this awesome launcher. I'm new to the alpha but can't wait to be a part of it.

But when I click the link, Windows gives me a message in the bottom where the file is shown ( I use Chrome), saying that it is a "dangerous" file

Obviously I don't this application was born out of evil, but if someone could explain to me why this happens, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Various antivirus software such as AVG will see the launcher as a potential threat. This is a false positive and can be ignored. You should just be able to save and run it. If when you run it it gets stuck and doesn't continue downloading chances are your antivirus will be blocking it, so you would have to add an exception in your antivirus for the launcher.

Guano176

Post by Guano176 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:12 am

Thank you :) just needed to hear it from someone else.

:D

MrGreed93

Post by MrGreed93 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 pm

After I installed the newest update for SUMLauncher (2.1.4), I get an error saying "Function: int IsWall_Jump_Enabled() not found in file: "Data/Scripts/level.as"." whenever I load a map. Is this a common problem?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:13 pm

MrGreed93 wrote:After I installed the newest update for SUMLauncher (2.1.4), I get an error saying "Function: int IsWall_Jump_Enabled() not found in file: "Data/Scripts/level.as"." whenever I load a map. Is this a common problem?
This sounds like you need to update a mod you have installed. It could be Last's blood mod/no death mod.

MrGreed93

Post by MrGreed93 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Anton wrote:
MrGreed93 wrote:After I installed the newest update for SUMLauncher (2.1.4), I get an error saying "Function: int IsWall_Jump_Enabled() not found in file: "Data/Scripts/level.as"." whenever I load a map. Is this a common problem?
This sounds like you need to update a mod you have installed. It could be Last's blood mod/no death mod.
Yeah, that fixed it! Thanks! :)

Mrmisquito

Post by Mrmisquito » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:18 pm

On some levels of the menu mod, i get the error "Could not load image file "Data/Textures/Plants/Trees/temperate/deciduous_tree_c.tga"
So i cant play about half the levels. It even happens on some of the official levels. Anyone helps me? :(

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 am

Mrmisquito wrote:On some levels of the menu mod, i get the error "Could not load image file "Data/Textures/Plants/Trees/temperate/deciduous_tree_c.tga"
So i cant play about half the levels. It even happens on some of the official levels. Anyone helps me? :(
I have fixed most of the deciduous tree errors (but there is still one with Mismatched vertices). Updating the menu mod should fix most of these issues. (And it will fix the mismatched vertices once I have figured out the fix.)

OvergrowthRequiem

Post by OvergrowthRequiem » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Hey I just purchased overgrowth and got it installed and everything. works fine. But I'm trying to get SUMlauncher to work and It keeps telling me "Can't get input stream from URL!" then right after that error i get "Error Writing crash log. ?SUM OG Utilities\SUMLog.txt(THE filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)" So I'm not sure what it wants me to do to fix that? :(

AluminumHaste

Post by AluminumHaste » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Getting double settings in config in SUMLauncher. Here's a screenie:
sumluncher.png
I've deleted the SumLauncher files in my user account, and deleted and redownloaded Sumlauncher. Still doing it.

AluminumHaste

Post by AluminumHaste » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Nevermind I deleted my config file and allowed it to be regenerated, now sumlauncher is better.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 pm

OvergrowthRequiem wrote:Hey I just purchased overgrowth and got it installed and everything. works fine. But I'm trying to get SUMlauncher to work and It keeps telling me "Can't get input stream from URL!" then right after that error i get "Error Writing crash log. ?SUM OG Utilities\SUMLog.txt(THE filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)" So I'm not sure what it wants me to do to fix that? :(
Hey, it sounds like your copy of the SUMLauncher is having trouble connecting to the internet - it shouldn't be crashing though, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll work on getting a fix out for that.

As for your current issue, I would suggest reading the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post (the part about AVG, if you have it), it may be able to solve your issue :)

By the way, if anyone else has the duplicate config file issue, the cause of it has been taken care of but you may need to clear out your old file for the fix to take effect - you can do this by opening the File menu, choosing "Delete Local Files...", checking the box next to 'Overgrowth Config File', and hitting delete.